The online racing simulator
Well how about just a LX6 with a "race ported" engine, slicks and downforce? THAT would be light and would sound right as a LXR.
Quote from inCogNito :i think scawen should think about making the current GTR cars competitive instead of adding new cars to the class.

I agree, and I wouldn't like to see a LX 'GTR' compete with them, that is a totally bogus proposition.

The LX would be in its own class, thats it.
well it cant go with FWD GTRs, because there already is the light UFGTR.. why have 2 light cars in the same class, plus, putting it in the large GTR class.. that just mixes it up even more

it may look out of place, but seeing what i've done to it (very little at that).. with some of eric's touch i can see it mixing with the GTRs
There are fundemental limits to the design of a Lotus 7, if it's simulated accurately the LX8 will be slower than the LX6.

What engine is the LX6 simulating anyway? 1.8 litre, 190 bhp sounds like a K-series with the wrong number of cylinders to me.
the lx8 is not a GTR
OK lets follow the general line of thinking along. Lets give the LX8, or even the 6, downforce and slicks. And give it more power. Oh and lets give it one seat instead of two. Hang on... What are we left with? The F08. Dont make the same kind of car twice I say!

All this talk of makeing an "LX GTR" is silly to me cause thats not what the lx is supposed to be. Fair enough, the lx8 is making the transition from track day car to "pro sponsored factory etc..." racing car. Slicks make sence here (and I would hate to try to make a good racing start without wheelspin on conventional raod tyres) but plz dont downforce it!

People say it would be easier to drive with this kinda stuff... Well der... but then it wouldnt be an lx style car would it? I've always been a fan of the lx and I really want the lx8 to be the kind of car they always meant it to be: fast, quick around tight corners, and almost impossible 2 keep control of. If anyone wants a car thats easier to control then the lx, go to the F0X.

Remember... you arent supposed to be able to drive the LX quickly 1st time you try. In fact if you try to do so you WILL crash. It takes practice. I can run 1:25's on blackwood now and it took me a long time to get that good (I know its still pretty terrible) but I would love to have the next level of power in the lx8. What can I say? I like crashing
#31 - Gunn
LX cars racing with GTRs? That would be completely uncontaminated with realism.
#32 - JJ72
THAT would be a giant killer.
Why put a huge and heavy V8 in it? Why not just turbocharge the LX6's engine? The donkenwhatever has a turbo (at least in the renn.tv video). Thinking more about it, it does look and sound weird, yes. I eman even now, racing a LX4 vs. TBO is scary, think of the slightly bigger but imnesly faster GTRs. That would be a horro show to race with them and pass them. We would probably get used to it but still. I would probably overtake on the otherside og the road, if possible I mean, side by side with another GTR, the roof of the LX would reach somewhere to the door window.

About the Morgan Aero 8, no downforce? Never seen http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Morgan/2002/Aero_8_GT/ ? It was even in GTR; the game (AND the demo, togheter with a Lister on SPA).
Oh, XCNuse. Nice model, but if you REALLY want to make it a racing car, needs some touch the snowplough needs to go, change it with some kannards (2 or 3 on each side of the nose) and integrate the lights into the bodywork, these are way too un-aerodynamic. Maybe also a cabrio with the wing attached to the rollcage?

THis whole post is my oppinion. I am not telling anyone how to make stuff, i'm just saying what in my oppinion looks/works better.
Quote from Huru-aito :One Donkervoort vid can be downloaded from http://82.165.26.185/download/download.php Kaufmann_24h_2000.zip

Dunno if it's the fastest of them, but sure goes quickly around the Ring

I feel the same as Bob, the LX8 would be just too hard to control without wings, and wouldn't fit any of the existing classes with or without the wings. It could've been in a class of it's own, but I don't think it would've been a car to enjoy driving around.

The modified and tuned donkervoort is currently a lot faster then a carrera GT on track. Also it beats a race-prepared Porsche 996 GT2R by one second.
http://dvnews.news-letter.nl/c ... entview&contentid=770

So instead of worrying the LX8 will be to slow even with downforce, we should worry about being to fast for the gtr' s

Idea, skip the lx8 questions and ask the lfs-team to try to get the donkervoort into lfs

edit: The engine in a donkervoort is a tuned audi 1.8 4 cyl 20v turbo engine, wel known from audi TT, audi a3 enz.
Quote from Danny Boy :OK lets follow the general line of thinking along. Lets give the LX8, or even the 6, downforce and slicks. And give it more power. Oh and lets give it one seat instead of two. Hang on... What are we left with? The F08. Dont make the same kind of car twice I say!

All this talk of makeing an "LX GTR" is silly to me cause thats not what the lx is supposed to be. Fair enough, the lx8 is making the transition from track day car to "pro sponsored factory etc..." racing car. Slicks make sence here (and I would hate to try to make a good racing start without wheelspin on conventional raod tyres) but plz dont downforce it!

People say it would be easier to drive with this kinda stuff... Well der... but then it wouldnt be an lx style car would it? I've always been a fan of the lx and I really want the lx8 to be the kind of car they always meant it to be: fast, quick around tight corners, and almost impossible 2 keep control of. If anyone wants a car thats easier to control then the lx, go to the F0X.

Remember... you arent supposed to be able to drive the LX quickly 1st time you try. In fact if you try to do so you WILL crash. It takes practice. I can run 1:25's on blackwood now and it took me a long time to get that good (I know its still pretty terrible) but I would love to have the next level of power in the lx8. What can I say? I like crashing

i totally agree with you at almost every point you've made. Even if those things looks kind of nice it wouldn't be a LX anymore. However, i'd like to ask you what you think about a RB4 GTR version instead? Would that makes sense at all?
You want an uncontrollable LX8? Bring it, but forget the older-school Catersevens styling, forget adding wings to such classic design (I mean, why not just have another GTR? Wings take all the fun out of having such mad power anyway) and base it on this Aussie legend:

The Elfin MS8 Clubman. 5.7L Holden (GM) V8, 245+ kW (that means loads of hp), shitloads of torque, kerb weight of 900kg and damn, it looks the part Saw an electric blue one on the street the other day and had to hose off my tongue, which had fallen onto the road.
Attached images
clubman_1024.jpg
While i know the main idea of the thread is to get some competition for the GTR class, altering the base LX series enough to compete??? is that a good idea?

To me that's not adding a similar class or style of car to the class, but inventing something totally different in an attempt to match the existing class.

If we want a strong V8 competitor why not drop a suitable (on paper) competitive HP V8 into the current GTR cars? that is have two XRR, FZR, FXR cars? This is so you can set each car up to account for differences rather than just select different motors?

To me it makes more sense realism wise to have the same class cars, body shape etc available as two distinct engine (and probably) running gear types, I'd suggest this would be a very competitive way of racing this class and would be fun to compare the strengths of a suitable V8 against the strengths of the Turbo 4s.

For the LFS development team there should be only a minimal development change as the cars already exist.

Eric could make only the most minor graphical changes if necessary to the 'V8' newcomers, such as different headlights/taillights to distinguish them, and the rest is the engine and weight distribution handling changes the 'mechanical' changes would bring.

It would challenge those like me who grew up with V8s as the ruling beast vs those more modern lads who only know and use modern technology Turbos etc ?

my opinion only

Cheers ShannonN
+1

An NA V8 vs turbo 4 or 6 could be a great match. After all, when I was a nipper long before V8 Supercars, you had the Aust Touring Car Championship which featured all manner of machines. There were Beemers, RX7s, V8 Commodores & Falcons, Jag XJSs all after each other, then in '89 they were joined by the mad-as R32 Skyline - which, ironically, was so good it was subsequently banned, which (sadly, some might say) paved the way for the two-cab contest we currently enjoy

However it happens, the lack of a stonking great V8 in LFS really needs to be addressed
Quote from XCNuse :well.. what i hoped to be a 1 hour messaround with an LX6 turned out to be 3 hours work and 1 hour rendering 2 images.. but hey.. its not to bad looking imo
obviously since its put together stuff and not a real model, i wont be releasing it lol because its a peice of crap with parts just moved arond and whatnot, but if there were to be an LX8 GTR spec thing.. i think it should look something along the lines of this:
[well i guess the hood and front should change slightly.. that, and laugh all you want at the front wheel covers lol they add a nice little touch to it i think]

superb work!
Quote from Hankstar :An NA V8 vs turbo 4 or 6 could be a great match. After all, when I was a nipper long before V8 Supercars, you had the Aust Touring Car Championship which featured all manner of machines. There were Beemers, RX7s, V8 Commodores & Falcons, Jag XJSs all after each other, then in '89 they were joined by the mad-as R32 Skyline - which, ironically, was so good it was subsequently banned, which (sadly, some might say) paved the way for the two-cab contest we currently enjoy

However it happens, the lack of a stonking great V8 in LFS really needs to be addressed

agreed and + 10,000

my favorite cars are the lx4 and lx6. they are great in their own respect, but there needs to be a gtr version.
i would like to see an lx8 with a 4.3L high revving V8 and downforce.
the model is actually very nice. i really like the rear wing
the front wing is a bit snowplowish, but it is growing on me the more i look at it.

wings or no wings, we need a V8.

that and a diesel
I think XC's car looks pretty cool
I'd like to see a V8 version of the LX. I could care less if it competed with the GTR cars. Hmmm.. Maybe make a couple of additional cars along with the LX. like "vintage" versions of the XRT and FXO to run in the same class. The FXO has a vague resemblance to a muscle car. So I could imagine a '60s version of that car if it existed.

An LX with a big block V8 (over 350 c.i.) and two 4bbl carbs
and maybe chrome(?) or painted exhaust pipes and more stylish rims.
yeah, that would be cool.
+1 for XCNuse`s great interpretation of an LXR.

We need definitly more cars in LFS.... Eric, wake up
-
(Noccy) DELETED by Noccy
Other than the snowplough at the front, I like XCNuse's LXR/8 there.

I'd also like to see it in the game, whether it had wings or not. Although I do think that it might be a total death trap without

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG