The online racing simulator
GTR Converts
(16 posts, started )
GTR Converts
Hi, just wondered if there is any people like me who used to be loyal to GTR have take the move over to LFS?

I know I'm certainly glad I made the switch, I look at GTR these days and think to myself "What was I thinking?"! illepall

Any other people who converted from another game to LFS?
I used to think GT4= teh Uber simulation.

But then,someone told me about LFS and since then,I can't touch GT4 with a a 1000 foot pole.
lol, same for me, i was a very fan of "the real driving simulator"(or teh uber simulation like you said ), then some day i got a bit bored of it, and looking around i found the game called "Live for speed"....
now i dont even touch the GT4, except for play at nordschleife, or just play with a friend.
I think that GTR2 is a respectable game. The physics are decent and the cars and tracks are well modeled. With a little work you can even make the force feedback not feel like total crap. But it really doesn't hold a candle to LFS when it comes to online play and just plain fun. There are an awful lot of things that GTR2 has which I wish LFS would adopt, but I firmly believe LFS is the better sim regardless.
GT4 =

1) take the Alfa Romeo 147 GTa ( FWD )
2) Do dunout with a FWD...
3) Bring GT4 back to shop
My 5$ says this thread won't make it past page 2 before getting locked.

Which is a good thing, by the way. What comes to sims, LFS sucks the least.

(can't remember who said that originally)
Quote from Cue-Ball :I think that GTR2 is a respectable game. The physics are decent and the cars and tracks are well modeled. With a little work you can even make the force feedback not feel like total crap. But it really doesn't hold a candle to LFS when it comes to online play and just plain fun. There are an awful lot of things that GTR2 has which I wish LFS would adopt, but I firmly believe LFS is the better sim regardless.

For some reason small shunts in GTR2 flip cars like the red and white barriers in LFS. I once got catapulted in to the air at 60kph or so.
my "career": GTR -> GTL -> LFS
As I'm no setup guru (I know nothing) LFS is the best for me, thanks to the setupfield website and the great setup sharing system in-game it's possible to be quite quick even if you don't know for sure how to setup the car.
+ I like the varity in LFS - many cars and tracks! (Well, there are many cars/tracks in gtr/gtl too but the quality of the mods aren't always that good..)
My simming days started with F1 97 psx

but if I look at the ones that you could actually play with the wheel

f1 99-02 (sometimes LFS) > GTR (+ more LFS) > since S2 it has been all LFS and nothing else.. nothing that involves driving anyway

mad
I have always loved car sims, I guess my first sim was the brilliant Indianapolis 500 for the Amiga (and PC too..I think). Maybe not much of a looker by today's standard, but hey...it was awesome.

On a funny sidenote, the boys behind Indianapolis 500 would release a little gem we all know as 'Grand Prix Legends' nine years later. So all hail the forefather.

As for GTR, bought but didn't play it much...but I do love GT Legends. As a simulation it has it flaws (though the demo does not always do the full version justice), but those are cars are just to marvellous to pass.

The search for a better sim brought me to Live for Speed, but I'm not a rigorous sim-fundamentalist...I have to admit that the rattling of a bigblock V8 on the grid and roaring it down the straights in GT Legends have made me play that game just as much as LFS, shortcomings be damned.
Quote from Thunderhead :I used to think GT4= teh Uber simulation.

But then,someone told me about LFS and since then,I can't touch GT4 with a a 1000 foot pole.

Me too! GT4 is now gathering dust on a shelf, like all my other games
I was a NFSU2 junkie. Loved that game. But now i converted.
HAI DOM

Yeah, I was on GT4 pretty much 24/7 before I got into LFS fully. Now I only go on GT4 for the Nurburg and the (many) real cars.
Quote from spankmeyer :My 5$ says this thread won't make it past page 2 before getting locked.

Which is a good thing, by the way. What comes to sims, LFS sucks the least.

(can't remember who said that originally)

LOL
just another lfs worship thread . I was blown away at how much closer lfs was to real life than gran turismo 3.
My last console was a Sega Genesis, so no Gran Turismo for me. I came from LFS from Papyrus sims, Indycar Racing 2 (ICR2) being the first and NR2002/3 being the last. I also dabbled a bit with Porsche Unleashed for fun. rFactor, GTR, NetKar, and First Racing was all hype and demos. I had tried the various demos, but could never get anything to run beyond 5 FPS. My brother-in-law is a PS2/3 fan and we would play GT3 anytime I visited. I could never get into it because of the gamepad control. I have been using a wheel since clear back in 1996 with ICR2.

I liked the idea of GT3 with road cars and stuff, so I was hunting around Blackhole Motorsports for something for the PC. I saw LFS S1 and downloaded to try the demo. It was my first online experience. The online was fantastic, the sim was cool, but I wasn't completely impressed to quit running with NR2003. I played around for 2 months or so, and when the novelty of online was starting to wear off with a sim I wasn't completely satisfied with, and BANG! the S2 demo was released. Now the servers were flooded with all the S1 licensed users, the racing level raised 10 fold, and the updates for S2 completely blew away the S1 demo.

S2 demo release is when it all fell together for me. Haven't touched anything since.

GTR Converts
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG