The online racing simulator

Poll : Obscurity, or lack of interest?

I've never heard of such a thing!
I have no interest in it!
Stage Rallying: Obscurity, or lack of interest?
A simple question. I've been trying to promote stage rallying on Live for Speed for about two months now, and at first there seemed to be a real interest for it. Now, as I see my entry lists getting shorter and shorter, I can't help but wonder where all of that momentum went!

Is there a general concensus for why most people seem disinterested in such events? I'm hoping it's just obscurity, and that proper promotion can help alleviate the problem. If it's not however, I have a bigger problem.

So, who has/hasn't heard of SimRS/LFS stage rallying?

If you have, what do you like/dislike about it?

If you haven't, does this sound like something you'd be interested in?

This is costing me real time, real money and real stress sometimes.. but I'm simply trying to add something new and different to the Live for Speed community. I appologise if I sound desperate, but I am in a way. I posted this here in the hopes to catch the opinions/thoughts of people who don't oft frequent the Leagues/Events forum.

Please, feel free to post any constructive critisism or questions, I'd much appreciate them!
You might've included a description or at least a link...
if its basically a rallying league or series of events i think it would be fun, but im not a fan of organised avertised events because im a little wimp with no confidence in myself to do well.
i think its because LFS has a lack of interest when it comes to rallying, there was a supposed "rally pack" comming our way, but there is nothing soon about the "soon" that was said about it, so no one even knows if its actually being worked on or not or .. what

back in S1 i loved to rally, but right now its just not fun because dont have really any cars to rally properly
we need an WRC car and couple of stages
what kind of WRC car can only be raised to be 2 inches off the ground....?
Quote from Batterypark :You might've included a description or at least a link...

It was in my signature.

http://www.simrs.com/

You can get a basic description of how it works in the 'About' or 'Rulebook' sections.
Quote from Captain Slow :if its basically a rallying league or series of events i think it would be fun, but im not a fan of organised avertised events because im a little wimp with no confidence in myself to do well.

It's not a 'league' per-se, atleast not yet. I'm simply trying to get some solid events organized before I concentrate on starting a league.

Quote :think its because LFS has a lack of interest when it comes to rallying, there was a supposed "rally pack" comming our way, but there is nothing soon about the "soon" that was said about it, so no one even knows if its actually being worked on or not or .. what

back in S1 i loved to rally, but right now its just not fun because dont have really any cars to rally properly

Interesting. When you say 'rally', do you mean rallycross or stage rallying? What I'm trying to get off the ground is much different than your typical rallycross.
Constructive critisism eh? I´ll give it a try....

- Use GMT as a timezone for start times. A lot of people(me included) get confused with timezones.
- Make the start times more European friendly because Europe has the most LFS players. I doubt anyone is interested in racing at 2am in the morning.
- Promote your league more. Get a subforum in the leagues section, go to team forums and post invitations, etc.

That´s about it for now. Personally I love rallycross. If there would be a league for rallycross I would definately join. About this stage rally thing... I don´t know, I haven´t tried it. I was going to last week but the race was too late for me and I forgot about today´s race. Maybe next time. Anyway good luck, keep at it.
Quote from Kalev EST :That´s about it for now. Personally I love rallycross. If there would be a league for rallycross I would definately join.

That is a shocking hole in LFS. Unfortunatly the RB4 people think "that tank thing from the STCC" and people think "z0mg d3m0 crax0r" when they hear XFG. FXO is like driving a GPL car on a lard covered ice rink, people think the UF1 does a micrometer a week, XRT is plain silly, XRG is equally silly - and LRF's are unsuited to RX.

And if it involves slickmod, people can't be arsed to DL an older version of LFS (Slickmod doesn't work in V).
Quote from duke_toaster :That is a shocking hole in LFS. Unfortunatly the RB4 people think "that tank thing from the STCC" and people think "z0mg d3m0 crax0r" when they hear XFG. FXO is like driving a GPL car on a lard covered ice rink, people think the UF1 does a micrometer a week, XRT is plain silly, XRG is equally silly - and LRF's are unsuited to RX.

And if it involves slickmod, people can't be arsed to DL an older version of LFS (Slickmod doesn't work in V).

I´m sorry. Your post is grammatically correct and I read it 5 times but I still don´t understand what you´re saying...
Quote from Kalev EST :- Use GMT as a timezone for start times. A lot of people(me included) get confused with timezones.

I'll begin using GMT/UTC from now on, I realize how confusing the time zone thing was. I'll also have a feature on my website (after a redesign) that'll be able to show the current GMT/UTC time.

Quote from Kalev EST : - Make the start times more European friendly because Europe has the most LFS players. I doubt anyone is interested in racing at 2am in the morning.

I've been trying to do that by starting most of my events at 17:00 UTC. I may be able to start a few hours earlier, but that'll require me waking up earlier!

Quote from Kalev EST : - Promote your league more. Get a subforum in the leagues section, go to team forums and post invitations, etc.

I asked in the one thread about a subforum to no avail, and I've began sending out invitations to teams this week.

Thanks for the response!
I think he was saying we need a rally car, but in a really long winded way.
Quote from spookthehamster :I think he was saying we need a rally car, but in a really long winded way.

To be honest, I think having a 'rally car' (read: WRC type car) would be complete overkill. Most of the stages I use are fairly short (unless I feel evil and decide to use Aston GP or something). For the first few events I had the FXR available, but nobody wanted to use it.
#16 - JTbo
I think there needs to be point to point rally tracks until rallying will be popular, as in current form it is not like WRC rallying, but rallycross or Jokkis as we call one form of motorsport here.
Guys, Xeno is not talking about rallycross, which is going round a track together with other people for more laps, but rally as in you do track by track, 1 driver at a time, 1 lap per track. Sort of like normal stages in WRC but much more simplified. Some stages are on tarmac, some on rx tracks.

As for all the moaning for there not beeing a proper rallycar in LFS, the FZ5, RAC and LX4 are a blast to drive on the rallycross tracks.
I am interested in your server dude but I tried to get on today and i guess the event you were running required a password oh well i'll try later
Never heard of it but I'm afraid to say that IMO LFS just isn't a sensible base for rallying atm, like rF it may have been ok if it weren't for the fact that RBR does it 10 times better out of the box.

Quote from JTbo :I think there needs to be point to point rally tracks until rallying will be popular, as in current form it is not like WRC rallying, but rallycross or Jokkis as we call one form of motorsport here.

That's what I originally hoped Flatout would be rather than an arcade game
I'd rally in LFS if there were a WRC-style rally car (or two - coupe, 4WD, 400hp etc) and dirt (or dirt/tarmac) stages that were long & varied enough to justify such a car's existence (they wouldn't necessarily have to be point-to-point stages either as I know LFS can't do that atm, so circuits would be fine). I think a WRC rally car would be wasted in S2 as there just isn't enough dirt to use them properly At the moment I get enough dirt action with the RallyX tracks and the smaller cars like the XFG, XRG and UF1. The RB4's fun and it looks the part, but could use an extra 50hp or so
#21 - Gunn
Quote from duke_toaster :That is a shocking hole in LFS. Unfortunatly the RB4 people think "that tank thing from the STCC" and people think "z0mg d3m0 crax0r" when they hear XFG. FXO is like driving a GPL car on a lard covered ice rink, people think the UF1 does a micrometer a week, XRT is plain silly, XRG is equally silly - and LRF's are unsuited to RX.

Oh, is that what people think? I think not.
Quote from duke_toaster :

From www.kegetys.net/lfs

- Slickmod, smokemod & LFS5DOF updated for S2 v0.5V
would be great, It'd be great if we could roam around the whole grounds of Blackwood etc. could be at least a couple of miles of stuff to be built.
for now fern bay is pretty cool and you can get some pretty long ish sections if you use the track wisely. sounds fun
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Maybe a few screenshots might help... I saw your events advertised in the league section and looked at your website, but never got round to checking it out 'live'. Sounded interesting, but I wasn't sure if you were running point-to-point races, whether you'd made special layouts that took in grass and tarmac sections, whether you were using the rallycross stages, etc etc.

In short, it sounded like a great idea, but I wasn't sure how developed it was. I don't have much time at the moment, so it just got buried under the heading "great idea".
Nihil : events simulate "point to point" with 1 lap race, 1 competitor per time.
Xenowolf for the last stage may use a "super special stage" layout where the track it's divided in two lanes by barrier with 2 competitors at time like the sss of real rally.
We actually use standard lfs tracks but it was proposed to use custom easy to remember layouts, but the only try was made by me and i have no skill in layout; so they suck
If someone is interested to make layouts i think it's welcome to do so!
But they have to be easy to remember so the organizer (Xenowolf) runs a lap before the stage so competitors while spectating can learn the track before the race; obviously they cant be too different from original track otherwise it will be a crash massfest!
Hope my english wasnt that bad, and if you like to try something new i really suggest to give it a try to this events!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG