The online racing simulator
hmm my settings are:
-rotation 720 (in lfs also 720 degrees, compensation 1.0, ff 100)
-overall FF 70%
-spring effect 0%
-damper effect 0%
-centering spring 70%

i tried turning off centering and in my opinion its for agressive drivers :P
most of time i'm drifting and centering helped me to be smooth, everything is under my control. when centering is off countersteering is more agressive...
maybe it's caused by the fact that i'm used to "centering on" setting...
i'm driving on g25
sorry for my english if there are any mistakes- correct me plz
Centering alters every force LFS generates in a totally nonsensical way. If you value a realistic force feedback then the G25 must be set up with all additional driver induced effects turned off.

However, if you like it better with centering spring enabled, all power to you.
after checking few setups - decided to stay 101% overall FF and 101%centering spring - when centering and overal FF have the same value
the effect is good for me.. when centering and overal FF have'nt got the same value something is wrong :P
ps sorry for my english illepall
G25 is da best :))
no problems here.
Hi there.

I just picked up my DFP today and after a few laps it seems I'm already getting the hang of it (at least in the XRG which I'm driving mostly atm). I'm currently using 540° of rotation and it doesn't seem to hard to catch slides that way (at least in the XRG), which was my main fear.

Anyway. What I actually wanted to ask: I also had this problem with lack of FFB around the centre. So I set overall strength to 101% in the cp and it sure helps quite a bit. However, even with FFB set to only 30% within LFS, I think that FFB is a fair amount too strong overall now. It doesn't feel very natural to me. So, if I understand it correctly, the problem with the lack of FFB around the centre lies with the drivers, so there's nothing one can do about it, unless the wingmanteam changes those. Correct?
When you finally get it set up, it feels great. Only criticism is that the Force Feedback is a little over powering, and makes it to hard to drive. But thats no biggie, cos i just turn it off.
Linsen, that's probably because you're used to power steering in a real car. The forces a real wheel can generate are much much higher than what you get out of a DFP or even G25.
I get the feeling that the G25 has very accurate wheel, (i also own a momo and an old boeder FF) . My only objection is that in lfs it doesn't have much detailed feedback, compared to rFactor that you can feel every little roadbump in Full mode.
Yes, in rFactor it's so detailed you can feel stuff that isn't there, and wouldn't be there in a real car.
So Tristan, have you tried the 101% thingy yet?
Not yet, no spare time. I'm either at work, rehearsing, or tiling/wallpapering (or washing, crapping, eating etc). I long for five minutes to play with the sound editor and try 101% stuff.
Quote from AndroidXP :Linsen, that's probably because you're used to power steering in a real car. The forces a real wheel can generate are much much higher than what you get out of a DFP or even G25.

But my Audi 80 ('88) doesn't have power steering .

Of course, the greater leverage (right term?) of a real wheel will make a big difference, but since we usually only have those kiddy-sized wheels, I'd like to have full precision and a reasonable ffb at the same time.

I reread the thread over at the wingmanteam site and apparently the team is considering adding a linearity slider for the next driver release (whenever that will be :shrug, which would potentially get rid of the lack of feel around the centre. They won't promise anything, though.
Eeeerm, maybe you overread it, you can get rid of any non-linearity even now by setting the force to 101% (or greater) in the profiler. This linearity slider, if it ever comes, wouldn't help you at all, unless you want a liniear FF at values lower than 101%
Quote from AndroidXP :This linearity slider, if it ever comes, wouldn't help you at all, unless you want a liniear FF at values lower than 101%

That's exactly what I want, if I understand it correctly. I want overall lower ffb but without the deadzone-like feel around the centre. I thought that was what could be achieved with a linearity slider?
this seems to be the right place to ask this....i currently own the Red Momo Force (regarded as one of the best) but im seriously thinking about the G25 for the rotation side of things and updated tech........but some comments in here about the G25 are making me think twice about it.....what do you think i should do, worth the upgrade or stick with the old trusty red momo..
Quote from Linsen :That's exactly what I want, if I understand it correctly. I want overall lower ffb but without the deadzone-like feel around the centre. I thought that was what could be achieved with a linearity slider?

I guess you can achieve the same by simply using 101% in the profiler and a lower FF % in LFS
Quote from AndroidXP :Eeeerm, maybe you overread it, you can get rid of any non-linearity even now by setting the force to 101% (or greater) in the profiler. This linearity slider, if it ever comes, wouldn't help you at all, unless you want a liniear FF at values lower than 101%

the way i understand those post from the logi dev is that every wheel will need a different setting on the slider to get full linearity ... if there was a slider that actually directly set the linearity it would be a lot easiert to set correctly
Quote from AndroidXP :I guess you can achieve the same by simply using 101% in the profiler and a lower FF % in LFS

Might be true, but I'm not so sure about it. I was under the impression for example, that having the ffb strength in the cp set to, say, 75% and the setting in LFS to 50 felt different than having it set to 100% in the cp and to 25% in LFS -- at least as far as more subtle effects like rumbling strips etc. are concerned. Again, I'm not absolutely sure about it and it might have just been a misconception. So I'll have to do a little more testing and see how low I can go within LFS and if I will be able to achieve my desired result.
Yes of course, because if you use something lower than 100% the Logitech drivers apply the force damping and make the forces non-linear. Though, I've just read through the wingmanteam thread and it seems that values over 100% do the opposite - they exaggerate the small forces, so values of about 101 - 115% may have a somewhat linear FF and at greater values the FF gets non-linear again, just in the opposite direction.

In conclusion: yes, a linearity slider would really help
#70 - axus
Android, is this applicable for all logi wheels/drivers?
The wingman team should really add a "pure" option into the next update for the drivers.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes of course, because if you use something lower than 100% the Logitech drivers apply the force damping and make the forces non-linear. Though, I've just read through the wingmanteam thread and it seems that values over 100% do the opposite - they exaggerate the small forces, so values of about 101 - 115% may have a somewhat linear FF and at greater values the FF gets non-linear again, just in the opposite direction.

In conclusion: yes, a linearity slider would really help

Glad we finally sorted this out .

@Bob: "pure" in the sense that there's no driver induced damping? Yeah, I suspect I could live with that and don't necessarily need a linearity slider.
By the way, I think I've found out what causes these mystery forces at 125%+.

As you sure know setting it to much higher than 100% has the inverse effect - it exaggerates even very little forces. Well guess what, it's the engine vibration/torque. It's mostly too fast for the wheel to give a proper rattling, but it shows a definite response to revving during standstill - if you watch closely, you can see the chassis move during revving. This tiny torque applied to the car body translates in an even tinier suspension compression and minimal tyre movement. Then Logitech multiplies these tiny forces so they get big enough and cause heavy oscillation if you don't hold the wheel. :doh:
Just got G25 and had real problems with LFS until I read this thread and changed the settings.... all I can say is WOW!!

Now... the real question.... should I get an S1 or S2 Licence.... I played the Demo and was beating the 'Kids' on it... well... as long as they were driving in the same direction as me... as soon as I got in 1st Place they seemed to change to the wrong way and ram me...

So... in summary... would and S1 or S2 be best to get away from the idiots?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG