Poll : Are you interested in attending?

Closed since :
I'm interested but can't go because of the distance
I'm interested and may go
I'm interested but can't go because of the cost
I'm not interested in a gathering
I'm interested in a gathering but won't go to this type of event
I'm interested but can't go because of a date conflict
I would love to, but my mum wouldnt let me go. And i'm living to far away.
but if i was living in England i would have come
#52 - need
Sounds interesting, might just book a few days off work and go visit my mate in Gloucester, and drop down for the day
Quote from Bob Smith :The big social plus not exactly tempting? Though I understand what you mean, hence the option in the poll. I've no issues adding a little GPL, it adds variety and everyone should have an equal say on what happens.

Personally I'm not really interested in LAN parties or paying £7.50 an hour to do what I can do from home. Honestly I would rather just socialize than pay to travel to a long distance just to play LFS.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Southampton? Too central. How about the Isle of Wight?

illepall

NAH! Chanel Islands I think!

I might be interested though, im in south east so not to bad, may have a car by then, or train wont be so bad!
ajp71 - That's cool. I'm sure we'll be able to have a great time without you.

I'm sure there'll be another karting meet at some point the future that maybe be able to wet your appetite a bit more.
#56 - bozo
It's good for me.

I'll be travelling from near Stanstead, if anyone wants to share a lift.
Quote from bozo :It's good for me.

I'll be travelling from near Stanstead, if anyone wants to share a lift.

Just came from stansted airport this morning haha bit early
Hovering in the mid twenties. I'm sure I can recruit a couple of locals if numbers aren't up to scratch. Perhaps it's safe to go ahead.

Better news is if someone can find something like this but more centrally located, there are potentially 70 willing attendees (assuming only people from the UK voted).

So the next step is to see if I can get 20+ people to agree on a date, I'll make a poll later to decide Saturday or Sunday, then I can talk to the place and try to reserve the place for the day. Unless anyone has anything to add at this point?
Who's bringing the cheese?
Thread made sticky while the organisation takes place, now it seems like we'll have enough people to make it worth while to go ahead. Of course the more the merrier.
Maybe there is a possibility that another event will be held in London, on the same date? So as the people living closer to London/ in London can easily travel to there. Plus we have 4 airports and good transport. If anyone thinks that they can get to London easier then Southampton then please say so, I will look for a venue, the one I have seen so far is 40-odd places and £10 per hour, but I do not think it is possible for private events.
I'll have a look on how much it costs to go there for me, around that period I should have my permanent license so I could drive in England (woohoow, earliest other driving side driving ever :tilt, and then when all is settled I'll get a "no" from my girlfriend
Quote from xWolFx :Maybe there is a possibility that another event will be held in London, on the same date? So as the people living closer to London/ in London can easily travel to there.

The idea has some merit, it would be better if we could all get online and maybe a video feed so we could see the two groups of people. Although I'm not sure if London is that much better location wise, sure there are people local to London but there are people local to Southampton also. What would be good if there was one up north as well, for all the people that couldn't make the distance. I'm just guessing here but I suspect most of the people that can't make it to Southampton wouldn't be able to make it to London either.
Quote from Bob Smith :The idea has some merit, it would be better if we could all get online and maybe a video feed so we could see the two groups of people. Although I'm not sure if London is that much better location wise, sure there are people local to London but there are people local to Southampton also. What would be good if there was one up north as well, for all the people that couldn't make the distance. I'm just guessing here but I suspect most of the people that can't make it to Southampton wouldn't be able to make it to London either.

I think your right. Southampton isn't really that far away from London. While London has lots of airports I think it would be better to find a company in the North that is willing to link up.

@Bob is it possible to ask the company your going through if they have done this type of thing before and if so which would they reccomend and/or want dealings with?
Quote from LFSn00b :Im not sure if i come, you will laugh at me, i know.

I know that feeling
Am I in the right thread?
Quote from Viper93 :@Bob is it possible to ask the company your going through if they have done this type of thing before and if so which would they reccomend and/or want dealings with?

Hi there,

Adrian here (Venue Manager for the Southampton Race Centre), Having been developing the business over the last three years, we are not aware of anything else like this in the UK. And there is arguably nothing quite the same anywhere worldwide. Following the success of our pilot venue, we are now searching the country for locations for additional venues. We are also in discussions with a number of parties interested in opening further venues themselves. Once that is done, we will be looking to connect the venues with ultra high speed network links.

But for now ... Southampton is where it is at

Adrian
Adrian, I have heard of other race centres about the world, at least one other in the UK and one in Mexico (IIRC). I don't have any links nor can I remember where I found out so you'll just have to trust me. Like yourselves, they are probably equally unknown, and also recent ventures.
Bob - Of course I know of the others around the world. Probably half a dozen in total. Each taking a slightly different approach to things.

But I'm definitely not aware of anything else current or historical in the UK. That would ceratinly be news to me and I would be most interested to know more? It's generally quite a lonely world being a Race Venue Pioneer! Having someone else to talk to in the UK who is going through the same issues would be great.
Still only 2 emails, I know it's a few months away but it would be nice to get all the details sorted 'soon', will give us all time to practise the selected combos so we don't all look pathetic when we hit the track 'for real'.

First post updated and reclarified, etc.
GPL? I want LFS, if I wanted to play GTL I would be on a GTL forum =P

I am game for this, sounds interesting.

:edit: Bob my email was intended for me to be put on the list if you didn't =P
Quote from Viper93 ::edit: Bob my email was intended for me to be put on the list if you didn't =P

Check first post, you're already on:
Quote from Bob Smith :
Interested racers list - only people who have sent me the email as requested have been added
The_Angry_Angel
Viper93
z3r0c00l

Email sent!

Tim
Quote from Bob Smith :Check first post, you're already on:

Doh! First first post, I checked the one on page 3.... stupid me :doh:
Will there be semi naked females for my entertainment? this has a huge bearing on my decision

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG