The online racing simulator
G25 just doesnt feel good in LFS
As title says-I have tried many settings with the wheel but it just isnt as good as momo was in terms of direct feel on ffb. i think its because of the non existant feel on the deadzone area due to two motors etc etc blah blah technical noncence. fact is if i pay more for a wheel i expect it to be at least as good. and i dont think it is- let me know if your experiences are different and share your ideas on how to make mine better

tarrah

PP
#2 - Woz
hmmm can't figure what you are talking about. The G25 is the best, most subtle FF wheel I have used to date and it works a charm with LFS. I have used and owned the following: MS FF, Saitek R440, Logitec DFP and G25.

Basic settings are the same as for other FF wheels in LFS.

In the CP set overall forces to 100% and everything else as 0. Now set the wheel to 720deg.

In LFS try a FF of about 40% as a starter and move up/down from there. Also set your wheel turn comp to 1.0.

LFS will now scale you wheel turn to match that of the car.
#3 - GabbO
I'll take it then, you dont have to mess anymore with it.
You can take my red momo (or better the chinese 20€ wheel from my brother )
I agree with WoZ, its a great piece of kit.
i find my times with G25 are much improved over that with DFP.

Force is LFS is about 120% and in the profiler thingy its 100
#5 - Jakg
f'ing love mine, 10x better than my old spikey Momo!
are you using the logitech profiler settings in my sig?
#7 - JJ72
I've owned Logitech's GT force, MOMO racing, MOMO force, GTFP and now the G25, the MOMO racing is about the bottom of the pack, because it's heavy and the feeling is "muffled". I don't know what do you mean by non existent feeling of deadzone (no play??), but you can adjust deadzone setting in LFS's option. Maybe you prefer some deadzone like in real cars rather then it being too sensitive that's the problem?
Are you serious, i tried it for 10 minutes at friends house, and when i went home, i though it says "Genious" on my Momo...
I also agree with Woz. The G25 is far and away better than any other wheel I've ever tried. It's relatively quiet, has great feedback, is well sized, etc. It's the only wheel I've tried that I can REALLY feel the bumps on the curbing.

I set the Wingman software and LFS both to 720* and every single car behaves just as it should.
With something as intimate and personal as a wheel for controlling these sort of games compared to a semi-digital controller like a mouse, it`s possible Plat just can`t see past his old momo.

Personally I love this wheel, It`s solid, smooth, and I can tell where I`m heading on track with it without even looking at the screen. I can make my car do all sorts of stupid manouvres with a flick of the wheel (please note that doesn`t make me a good online driver whatsoever) but I feel as much in control of my car as I could ask for from a PC controller.

pete, post your settings for your wheel here, your windows (or if you use it, logitech profiler) settings, and your in-game lfs settings, and we`ll all have a look and see if there`s anything obviously "wrong" with them. Most people here and elsewhere have posted the obvious flaws in the G25, but actual control feel doesn`t seem to be one of the main complaints at all.

Cheers.
#11 - Jakg
well, you can buy my old Momo off me if you want it!

i LOVE my G25, i wish i'd got it rather than my GFX card now!
I have the MOMO racing. It's a great wheel but I personally have nothing to compare it to myself. G25 I played a little bit at a store in some stupid arcade game. It felt solid as well.

Wish I had more to offer than this...

Don't get angry at the guy. Perhaps he prefers the MOMO. But really should double check his stuff though in the FF setting department.

C.
#13 - Goop
on my third wheel: thrustmaster ferrari, momo black, and now the g25. G25 is by far the best and smoothest, imho.

Other than what has been suggested here; it seemed logi had some initial problems with quality and consitency in the product. For me, the improvements over my other wheels are so massive, I wonder if maybe you have a dodgy wheel

LFS force strength @ 30, cp rotation is 270; other setting identical to Woz's.
To each his own, but I suspect something is wrong in your settings, driver, etc.

Have you tried working with someone else using one ?
I'd help you troubleshoot through it, if I saw you online.

Have you gone from 270 degrees of rotation to 900 degrees ?
Maybe you need to set it to what you were used to before.
i think you mistook this for rfactor
I,m very tempted to get a G25, just cant bring myself to a new wheel when my Momo is still working great.

mmmmm g25...
i got the g25 and i must say its not really worth the money. Not to say it isnt the best thing to happen to LFS sence s2, but it is very expensive. When i think of the other things i could have gotten,i don't know. I do love my g25, i would have rathered have some fake leather ect insted of having to pay over 300 bucks cnd for it. Oh well, better then my old "wheel". (logitech mx 1000)
jatajatajata.....

be happy that you have a wheel. Oh God you have best wheel out there and you are not happy, maybe you should kill yourself...
#19 - Davo
maybe you should
#21 - J.B.
One tweak I like a lot (with DFP) is to set the force in the logitech driver to 110% or 115% instead of 100%. This makes the forces more linear around the center.

From the guy who wrote the logitech driver:
Quote : there is a certain degree of non-linearity built into the firmware in order to improve performance; if left fully linear, the strength of the motor would cause a lot of oscillation in many games that use a closed-loop approach (read input, calculate physics, output forces), due to the loop times involved.

Going over 100% overrides this non-linearity.

http://www.wingmanteam.com/dis ... MondayDecember520051201pm
But going over 100% makes the wheel go absolutely nuts for me, like there are forces generated whose existence is a mystery.

E: Truth to be told, setting it to 101% seems quite okay. The feel is vastly different - much stronger around the centre point, I recall even feeling plain road a bit on a quick test run now - but the forces don't seem exaggerated either. I guess if you put it to 150% strength the it makes even small forces max out, removing a lot of finesse and introducing a lot of weirdness.

In conclusion, everyone who has it at 100% now, give 101% a try. I'd recommend it together with 40% ingame FF. Oscillation if you let go of the wheel might be more of a problem (who lets go of the wheel on a straight?), but the added detail around the centre seems worth it
OK I'll tell you what i can about the setting at the moment.

I installed the drivers that came with the wheel but dont use the profiler.

I have settings in windows set to 100% overall effects. 0% for spring and damper and center spring turned off. the rotation is set to 270 for comparison with the momo.

nothing has been changed in LFS except for mappings but it just doesnt feel right somehow.

Dont get me wrong the wheel is good- it feels heaps better in fractor- it just doesnt seem to be to my liking in LFS- perhaps i just need to get used to the new feel??
Quote from Jakg :f'ing love mine, 10x better than the G25

Quote from Jakg :well, you can by my old Momo off me if you want it!

i LOVE my G25, i wish i'd got it rather than my GFX card now!

Will you make your mind up jakg
Maybe he was sarcastic on the 2nd post?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG