The online racing simulator
F1 Ps3
(47 posts, started )
F1 Ps3

looks nice...
Then you see a video..

Then you don't know if you should laugh or cry..

There is horrible, there is very very horrible, and there is F1 on the P(o)S :/
There have been some rumours that Microsoft bought exclusive F1 rights (now that Sony's deal has come to an end). Fortunately only rumours...

That would be pretty much a worst-case-scenario... after EA and Sony. YAY! 5 years more complete arcade F1 games and we PC simmers are again fecked and left without official F1 games. Would be best if no one would gets exclusive rights like Sony did. Microsoft launched while ago this new games for Vista campaign, but I doubt they would release it for PC if it was meant to be a big hit for Xbox 360. And it would be probably arcade anyway.

This PS3 F1 looks graphically amazing but for crying out loud, they're selling it as a simulation... and of course the Gran Turismo fans will take the bait.
If Microsoft got the lisence, there would be a PC version, it' too big a market for them too turn away from if they have the lisence! (Plus Geoff Crammond is looking for a new project.......)
i was all up for buying a ps3 but everytime i play on my friends xbox 360 ect the games just seem sooo shallow and empty like you would get board of them in 10 minutes this looks the same old console crap
You cant expect these games to raise the bar interms of simmulation if they did they simply would not sell anything. Still looks to be fun with all the aids turned off though.
Damn those screenshots give me a headache. Damn motion blur.

I see their promoting F1 style racing with those 3 lap races.
You should try watching the video then!!!
Quote from Bob Smith :
I see their promoting F1 style racing with those 3 lap races.

I think thats due to the context the picture was taking in. Most likely a demo Limiting it to 3 laps
i'm too old to play games(i'm starting to loose my interest on games except simulations). those screenshots don't mean anything other the level of gpu power to me... I wonder if it's playable online against others.??
Quote from Bob Smith :Damn those screenshots give me a headache. Damn motion blur.

über next gen graphics = bloom & motion blur

Looks like this over-exaggerated bloom shit is the best that next gen graphics cards / consoles can offer. I'm very disappointed. As long as game developers does this bloom instead of making sharp textures and other more vital stuff you can say goodbye to fotorealistic graphics. I don't mean only this F1 game, games in general. Though this doesn't have bloom but anyways.
Quote from deggis :über next gen graphics = bloom & motion blur

If this over-exaggerated bloom shit is the best that next gen graphics cards can do, then I'm very disappointed. Goodbye fotorealistic graphics. I don't mean only this F1 game, games in general. Though this doesn't have bloom but anyways.

Dosent look to bad when your playing it though, as most the things that are blured are stuff your not paying attension too
Yes, the screenshots looks nice, but when you see the video.. well.. that's it..
I wonder will the GT5 also be like this, Foto realistic graphics, but same ol arcade junk of physics..
I wonder really... because technically GT5 can be THE ULTIMATE racing simulator ever made, it has the man power, money, and hardware to become that.. i don't know..
#16 - MR_B
I watched the F1 game on the PS3 at the autosport show yesterday and It looks a little too plastic to me. The crash helmet was poor and it just... I became more transfixed looking at the GT HD, and some random off road racer next to it.

I also got to try a 360 not long ago with one of these battlefield games, graphics really didn't make me go "oooo" and it all felt a little predictable. I need some tea, i'm talking crap again....
If Studio Liverpool replaced their texture artists, the game would look a whole lot better. The PS3 textures are the same basic, primary-coloured style that the PS2/PSP use and lack... well, texture.

If it was on PC, the mod community could do far better with the textures.
Hate to say it but even my computer could produce those visuals without a silly motion blur effect. PS3 games would look crap if you plugged them to a PC. Having said that anyone plugged LFS into their TV? Alot of graphics cards seem to offer this now what's better for playing sims TVs or monitors?
Quote from BrandonAGr :Let's see a video with that quality, looks prerendered to me, even though I would hope a PS3 could do that in realtime

But it's not any good anyway, it's low res, too dark to see anything (what's it hidding?), and over effects not too mention a decent PC (ie not mine) could give better AA than that.
Quote from ajp71 :But it's not any good anyway, it's low res, too dark to see anything (what's it hidding?), and over effects not too mention a decent PC (ie not mine) could give better AA than that.

what exactly do u consider low Res.
its dark because its at dawn where there isnt alot of ambient light. i don't personally see any problems with AA. am sure i could find jagies if i hunted for them.
speaking of light,The Volumentric Lighting is cool
http://smallvillestories.free.fr/images/Afrika/f12.gif
Wow, those graphics look really good. I watched some of the videos and the game actually looks good.

Number 1- I will probably never buy a PS3.
Number 2- Not an F1 Fan, of course, LFS is an exception.
Quote from lalathegreat :what exactly do u consider low Res.
its dark because its at dawn where there isnt alot of ambient light. i don't personally see any problems with AA. am sure i could find jagies if i hunted for them.
speaking of light,The Volumentric Lighting is cool
http://smallvillestories.free.fr/images/Afrika/f12.gif

The highest res ones are 1290 x 780, the absolute minimum requirement for Sony to stamp HD on the box. I play LFS in HD (and higher res than that ) on a 3 year old crap computer on an 8 year old monitor and it looks better than that, I'm not saying the PS3s res/graphics isn't much worse than the current crop of computers but it's not at all futrewise, it'll soon be blown away by pretty ordinary equipment, same with the PS2 really I don't see why people said they were anything out of the ordinary Halo on the original Xbox did look pretty cool though.

EDIT - Having looked at the volumetric lighting thingy it does look pretty cool I'd love to see a Le Mans sim with that kind of dawn sombody needs to go break the news to Sony that F1 cars don't so night races
Quote from MR_B :...the crash helmet was poor and it just.....

Oh come on Kringle, that has to be the lamest criticism I ever came across for a racing game! Is that really the only thing worth commenting on?

F1 Ps3
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG