The online racing simulator
Wet Weather!
(39 posts, started )
Wet Weather!
I'd personally LOVE to see wet weather in the new patch (or s3 or whatev).... i'm sure it would be hard, but hey... you dev's are the bomb!!
I think it'd be awseome (and fairly realistic) to have a race with random weather, or even to be able to hotlap in the wet!! (i know, it's a longshot)
But seriously it would be an awseome addition to the game, great fun too!
Or we could select a fully wet race.. and stuff like that.
In the F12 options, we could also select what tyres to change to, instead of just changing tyres, maybe we could select to change to r3's, or r2's if you already have r3's on.. Or even wet weather tyres if it starts raining! (when your stopped in the pits OF COURSE! not while your driving hehe)

Anyway, I've been hoping for this since the first time i saw lfs... I REALLY hope you think about it.... maybe we should have a poll.
Thanks for ya time!!!
See ya
duck loves watersports!
hehe.. omg does no one take me seriously?
We're already deading off topic.... On the first post!!
Comon.. I'm sure it will be really cool
Yes wet weather would be great..
aswell as night racing

I wouldnt have a clue how you could do it but live weather would be arwsome...
You would have to have tracks all over the world and what the weather is on that track is what your racing and the time of day.
it would also help us what time of the day it is in european and
prove how bad the weather is over there
you could have on lfsworld a 7 day forcast (just steal it off the news :P)
you couldnt get more sim than that

thats just some crazy idea i had..
like arrow said it would be really cool but i also have no idea how to do wet weather but the night racing just turn the brightness down on your monitor

hey the weathers not that bad over here, not now the gobal warmings kicking in lol
Lol, try the search function before you post. I'm pretty sure there's been hundreths of similar posts.
Quote from andybarsblade :
hey the weathers not that bad over here, not now the gobal warmings kicking in lol

Its all caused by the 1Billion+ people in india that let off methane gas
anyway lets stay on topic shall we?

Also i think LFS devs should make something that exits your antivirus scanner automatically :P
Quote from traxxion :Lol, try the search function before you post.

what...... wait your telling me that some body else has already mentioned about having wet weather in lfs ... before today? when? i cant believe it. thanks for your very helpful post
Quote from andybarsblade :what...... wait your telling me that some body else has already mentioned about having wet weather in lfs ... before today? when? i cant believe it. thanks for your very helpful post

Quote from [DUcK] :hehe.. omg does no one take me seriously?

Because this is right in the top 10 of "most suggested improvements for LFS, ever".
#11 - axus
Quote from AndroidXP :Because this is right in the top 10 of "most suggested improvements for LFS, ever".

Make it top 3.
Yeah I know there's been a few posts about it, but I wanted to make it um.. how do i say it... moorreee.. argh we need a dictionary
I can't think of the word.. but I wanted people to notice it, because it seems nothing is been done about it, and I haven't seen any yes or no's.. so yeah
Quote from [DUcK] :Yeah I know there's been a few posts about it, but I wanted to make it um.. how do i say it... moorreee.. argh we need a dictionary
I can't think of the word.. but I wanted people to notice it, because it seems nothing is been done about it, and I haven't seen any yes or no's.. so yeah

if it's in the improvements log there's no need to waste another topic on it.
plus we have been told by the Dev's somewhwre that it will be included in S3.
oo Ok sweet thanks nikimere.
Looking foward to S3!! case closed :P
I hope you realise that S3 is an estimated three to four years away
Quote from AndroidXP :I hope you realise that S3 is an estimated three to four years away

ye so dont go trying to hold your breath that long
Good one!

you killed him!!!!
I'm still here! Only half dead.. still got one more wing to go!!!
Quote from [DUcK] :....and I haven't seen any yes or no's.. so yeah

Ok then, I'll be the one to say no .

Seriously, sure, for you guys that want it, I hope we get weather some day. Unfortunately for me and the others with not-so-impressive computer specs, weather will kill us on frame rate.

Weather would be great. I only hope my PC will handle it by then.
#21 - aoun
loll id pay 100$ aud for the devs to make rain!!! i love drivin/racing in rain in real life, having it simulated would be amazing.. but propper, not just cheap rain where its slippery.. have puddles mabye.. water spraying up from the tyres and everything etc.. make it real to max.. being in the rain is amazing to feel.. lol *someone give this guy rain*
Weather is planned. I think there are other mroe important things right about now. First of all sound and then maybe a graphics update (not needed to be honest, i love the non-bloaty look of LFS and it works fast and looks VERY good with 8x AA/16x AF). I think we'll get weather in S3 but i'd be happy to get it before.

Quote :In the F12 options, we could also select what tyres to change to, instead of just changing tyres, maybe we could select to change to r3's, or r2's if you already have r3's on.. Or even wet weather tyres if it starts raining! (when your stopped in the pits OF COURSE! not while your driving hehe)

You can already switch R2s for R3s in the pits. And what did you think, changing the tyres while racing. This is a SIM :P
Quote from Primoz :

You can already switch R2s for R3s in the pits. And what did you think, changing the tyres while racing. This is a SIM :P

Ahh you already can? I didn't notice that
And yeah i decided to edit the brackets in, because someone said that it looked like i was trying to say we could change tyres while driving.. lol, so i changed it
This could be done now, with the right program.

Just give the road texture and alpha layer, have the program activate that layer, and appear reflective.

or apply live mapping to the road.

complete with overcast skies
Quote from djgizmo68 :This could be done now, with the right program.

Just give the road texture and alpha layer, have the program activate that layer, and appear reflective.

or apply live mapping to the road.

complete with overcast skies

What exactly do you mean? LFS doesn't support live mapping ATM, I don't think.

Wet Weather!
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG