The online racing simulator
Wet Weather!
(39 posts, started )
Same Princibles as Racer Mr. Hummer

Racer is much more simple that LFS, yet simple hacks in racer make it appear and look the way you want it.

in racer, all you had to do, was copy the complete track, and raise it about 1cm or so, make a transparent texture, and set the alpha in the shaders, and walla, wet track
I am willing to bet we will get "after the storm" tracks and night time racing.
Quote from jayhawk :I am willing to bet we will get "after the storm" tracks and night time racing.

that would be nice

i think i want nighttime first though (which.. we should have soon) besides figuring out how to do the headlights and all, the only differences would be lighting, a night sky texture, and a colder ground temp.
Wet Weather- Only if the degrees of "wet" are very extensive. From greasy, to damp, to wet parts of the track/dry parts, to wet wet wet, to standing water, to drying line emerging etc etc etc. Simple wet/dry switch isn't much good imo. In fact, the less control over the weather the better. Been suggested a million times, but always like the idea of an option to use a global climate (every server using Kyoto, for example, has the same weather, which changes).
good idea sinbad
Yeah, you wouldn't only need a professional engineer for your car but also a meteorologist to make forecasts

This subject is old as time itself, we really really would like to have it but we only can wait.
#34 - Gunn
Quote from AndroidXP :I hope you realise that S3 is an estimated three to four years away

Estimated by whom?
By AndroidXP it would appear
S3 Aston cloudy

Attached images
aston cloudy.JPG
GP4 had dynamic weather...it surely should come as standard these days.

And live weather has been done for years in MS Flight Sim, so it shouldn't be hard to implement once weather is in the game.
The idea is sound, but actually putting it into practice is probably quite complicated. Especially if (like most of the forum users here) you want dynamic weather.
That means you have to calculate not just wet or dry, but both wet and dry in different areas of the same track. The tyre grip (faulty or not as is) would require dozens more variables.

That's not even starting to think about the changes to the graphics engine that would be needed. Fog and day/night cycles require working headlights. So that'd (probably) be a shift to Dx9, then they'd want the most realistic weather effects you've ever seen. Then you'd need functioning wipers as well.

The list is endless. And when you add one thing, you realise that it should be used for something else (wipers would also be needed to remove dirt off the track, so that'd be something the fans would want). It goes on and on. Remember, the team is 3 guys and they're only human
Quote :The idea is sound, but actually putting it into practice is probably quite complicated. Especially if (like most of the forum users here) you want dynamic weather.
That means you have to calculate not just wet or dry, but both wet and dry in different areas of the same track. The tyre grip (faulty or not as is) would require dozens more variables.

That's not even starting to think about the changes to the graphics engine that would be needed. Fog and day/night cycles require working headlights. So that'd (probably) be a shift to Dx9, then they'd want the most realistic weather effects you've ever seen. Then you'd need functioning wipers as well.

The list is endless. And when you add one thing, you realise that it should be used for something else (wipers would also be needed to remove dirt off the track, so that'd be something the fans would want). It goes on and on. Remember, the team is 3 guys and they're only human

Welcome to S3?

Wet Weather!
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG