The online racing simulator
Say hello to the newest member of the family
Just brought her home. And yes, I am the proud father.

AMD Athlon X2 5200+ 64bit (AM2) CPU
2GIG DDR2 PC4200 RAM
320 GIG X2 SATA WD KS 7200RPM HD
Creative SoundBlaster X-FI 24-BIT
ATI X1800XT 512MB PCI-Express

Plus all the keyboard and mouse and power supply stuff that no one is interested in reading... All for the low low price of $2000 CAD (Plus tax.). Monitor is a 19" Widescreen Panel LCD, which cost me just over $295 CAD with tax.

:hyper: Can't wait to get it all setup!
Attached images
newpc.jpg
#2 - TiJay
One thing- I would have gone for a DX10 card with smaller memory than a top-end DX9 card with more memory. Having said that, I just bought a 7600GS so I can't comment.
#3 - aoun
Hello
The single AA battery on the bed looks a bit lonely.

Considering the amount that CPU must have cost, I would have got something a little quicker than PC4200 memory. Some nice CAS3 PC6400 would have been much sweeter.
I'm only running CAS3 PC5400 myself since the single core chips don't support the 800MHz memory.
nice, you must be happy where did you get it from?
#6 - Davo
Even though I'm an AMD fanboy I can't approve of this purchase since C2D would be much better. Nice rig anyway
Have to agree with Davo. C2D is the way to go these days, especially for the price you paid for that 5200+.

C2D E6400 and an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe WiFi for the same price. MUCH better motherboard, too, and same Crossfire support.
Yup, would of went core 2 duo, hell i would of even waited a month or two until intel slash there prices.
duuuuuuuuuuuudewicked on the other hand , I see hotWheels ....
oh man your gonna love that setup! Congrats! Looks like you got a good collection of hotwheels to
Don't you just love baby photos <3
A cute baby you have there, what you going to call her?

Haha, I hate me at times
i think i like seeing all those hotwheels boxes in the background
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Ricerguy :duuuuuuuuuuuudewicked on the other hand , I see hotWheels ....

Well spotted. That's a small small small small fragment of my collection

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Don't you just love baby photos <3
A cute baby you have there, what you going to call her?

Haha, I hate me at times

"Mystique" It was written on the case so I used it. lol

Quote from Forbin :Have to agree with Davo. C2D is the way to go these days, especially for the price you paid for that 5200+.

C2D E6400 and an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe WiFi for the same price. MUCH better motherboard, too, and same Crossfire support.

I got the 5200+ for cheaper I'll upgrade when I need too, this will do me for a while yet.

Quote from Hurts2bStock :nice, you must be happy where did you get it from?

Local shop; been going there for nearly 12 years now I think. I basically got this computer for cost.

[EDIT] Oh yes, the batteries. Those are from my digital camera; gotta recharge em. :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG