The online racing simulator
License Opinions...
(36 posts, started )
On the subject of paying for "the next version", what about all the EA sports games? Championship Manager 1/2/3/4/etc? Fifa Football 98/99/00/01/02/03/etc? (I don't play them, so these titles may not be accurate )

If you bought each one, you'd end up with the same game, a few new features, and the latest teams/lineups. Big whoop.

The only thing to worry about is - how often do you play LFS, and do you enjoy it? You appear to play enough to warrant being on a team so why not buy it? If it's so awful, why play it?
Quote from dropin_biking :Lmao it's worth it. But seriously, $60~ for a copy of S2 is a little....drastic. I mean, its a good game and all but $60 is quite a bit (but still worth it)
~Bryan~

It's €36 here. GT4 had cost €67,50 when it came out.
Quote from chopaholic :That is very true. But tbh if the guys from say for example cod2 released a Beta of there game charging full wack prices would you buy it?

Your analogy is false: If you'd be offered to buy yourself into the CoD3-Beta (2 is already old) and be able to watch the game growing and even to influence the result (a bit), without paying anything extra when it goes full, wouldn't you take the offer immediately?
We haven't been told for certain the price for the S3 stage, I think the devs have always left themselves some room for manouvre on the matter, so perhaps we shouldn't be stating as a fact that the S3 upgrade from S2 will cost £12, even if we all expect it to.

(Unless someone can point to a post/announcement which confirms it).

Either way, buy S2 now if you want it. As others have said, you don't save a penny by waiting.
The strange thing is too pay much for the controller (aka the wheel) than for the game ! I use my wheelS with only one game !
Quote from bbman :Your analogy is false: If you'd be offered to buy yourself into the CoD3-Beta (2 is already old) and be able to watch the game growing and even to influence the result (a bit), without paying anything extra when it goes full, wouldn't you take the offer immediately?

Yeah. And LFS is already better than other sims even in alpha stage.
Quote from loopingz :The strange thing is too pay much for the controller (aka the wheel) than for the game ! I use my wheelS with only one game !

Me too. LFS is the cheapest thing needed for my sim experience. My wheel cost 100€ and shifter was around 130€ shipped and I will probably order pedals for 168$ (+ shipping) soon enough. That makes ~400€ without counting my PC.
Originally Posted by Flycantbird
So you are saying: LFS is worth the cost, but LFS is a little expensive, but it's good, but it's quite expensive, but its worth it ?

Quote from chopaholic :
For a "Unfinished" game its not really good. You can buy new production games for that price.
Just wondering what will happen in like s5? Hmm £60 uk pounds. Stupid.

So you are saying, for an unfinished game, it's not that good, it's not worth it, but you wonder what it will be like, but it's stupid ?
Quote from chopaholic :That is very true. But tbh if the guys from say for example cod2 released a Beta of there game charging full wack prices would you buy it?

COD2 full has more bugs than LFS does now. Think of the Beta, 'click for shoot, crash, 'ARGH', restart the game, click to shoot, crash, etc.' ANd LFS is still alpha, not even beta :P And you want to know why it's alpha? Because all the features are not in it yet. It's no that it has bugs, it has some, but not much, the thing is Scawen still has some things to implement so he'll be able to say 'we have S2 now'. Then comes beta and then we get full S2, 0.6 (we now have 0.5).
you know i think were all goin round in circles your totaly right need for speed have brought out a few titles on from the last ie most wanted then carbon and saying you dont get a discount for having 1,2,3 etc is right so for the people that dont have a s1 or s2 licence if you dont like the way the demo car handles then you sure wont like the rest i play it for hours and im just getting in to drifting but hey we all like diffrent games but lfs is awsome the best race sim ever you control the car no one else and i like that on top of the settings of the car tho very small can detarmin you winning or losing any way enoth of the garbage talk....
s3... im so sure ive seen lfs members with s3 licence on the name i may be mistaken but if there is a s3 out yet please drop me a link
#36 - Jakg
it says "S3 Licensed" in their sig as they've pre-ordered it

License Opinions...
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG