The online racing simulator
License Opinions...
(36 posts, started )
License Opinions...
I know this won't be for a LONG time. But, what do YOU think the cost of an S3 license will be, and what would you be willing to pay for an S3 license? Opinions...
~Bryan~
we dont think, we know what it will be, its 12 GBP for each stage, therefore S3 will be 36 GBP (total).

beat you boosted hah!
whos the boosted one now
the S3 license will be £36 for a new user and £12 for a S2 licensed racer, we know that already

i need to cut finger off from some1
So you buy S2 now and get S3 for not a lot, well sooner or later...
Well...um...I guess that errr settles it. There goes this thread...
~Bryan~
#6 - joen
Quote from dropin_biking :I know this won't be for a LONG time. But, what do YOU think the cost of an S3 license will be

What Boosted said.

Quote :and what would you be willing to pay for an S3 license? Opinions...
~Bryan~

I'll gladly cough up the 12 pounds, but I would probably pay a multitude of that amount if it were necessary.
Just to clarify that you don't save money by waiting for S3 (exhange rate fluctutation notwithstanding), so there's no point waiting for S3 to buy LFS. Pay £24 now and £12 later, or pay £36 later.

At the moment the US Dollar is, I think, getting worse compared to Sterling, so now is a good time to buy, otherwise it'll actually cost you more the longer you wait (unless the US economy reverses recent trends).
Can't you see my flag? I'm Canadian, eh! I even have my syrup cooled PC case.
~Bryan~
One billion dollars!

Quote from Blackout :One billion dollars!

To have S3 now, before everybody else... Debatable
Lmao it's worth it. But seriously, $60~ for a copy of S2 is a little....drastic. I mean, its a good game and all but $60 is quite a bit (but still worth it)
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Lmao it's worth it. But seriously, $60~ for a copy of S2 is a little....drastic. I mean, its a good game and all but $60 is quite a bit (but still worth it)
~Bryan~

i dont know the prices for pc games in canada but around here a pc game will cost you about 8-10 € more than s2 which is about 25%+
Quote from dropin_biking :Lmao it's worth it. But seriously, $60~ for a copy of S2 is a little....drastic. I mean, its a good game and all but $60 is quite a bit (but still worth it)
~Bryan~

S2 is less than $55 CAD with the current exchange rate. And you think $60 is too drastic? You don't buy many games, do you? Most are around $65-$70, and are not near the calibre of LFS.
~Bryan~

So you are saying: LFS is worth the cost, but LFS is a little expensive, but it's good, but it's quite expensive, but its worth it ?
lol
1.6 or CSS?
Quote from chopaholic :For a "Unfinished" game its not really good. You can buy new production games for that price.

Just wondering what will happen in like s5? Hmm £60 uk pounds. Stupid.

Amazing. I bet u'd prefer 2£ per month , and bought it, in this case.

Edit : of course, from Feb 2005
haven't play S1, but S2 is worth every penny
Quote from chopaholic :For a "Unfinished" game its not really good. You can buy new production games for that price.

But in it's unfinished state it still has a lot more features and is a lot more fun to play than most finished games.
It's simple, if you want to wait for S3 before you buy the game then it's your loss. You'll miss out, or should I say, you have missed out on months and months of extremely enjoyable racing.

I don't even think of LFS as an unfinished game anymore, I don't think I ever did, we just get loads of new stuff added to the game.

Enjoy your wait. I'd rarther race.
S3 is final stage, or am I wrong?

Most "new production" games have bugs in anyway as they rush (crunch) them out, you might get 1 or 2 patches but thats normally it , also games like mohaa or sims2 they fleece you the same price as the game for the "expansion pack" or the latest version ect.

LFS is one game, finished or not, however, unlike most other games its in constant development so there will always be patches and supprises as the dev team continue there work, even when S2 is finished I bet there will continue to be patches and improvments all for free once your licenced

I think the price is very fair but I can only compare to other UK games

If you had the experiances and exciting online battles I have had with S1 & S2, I think you would agree its worth every penny

SD.
#23 - joen

There's no difference. It may be unfinished, but it will be finished and you know the price right from the start. No extra charges. Plus, as far as I'm concerned LFS has a replay value much higher than your normal average game. No other game has given me the amount of pleasure filled hours as LFS.

For me, honestly LFS is an absolute bargain.

Quote :

There won't be an S5. And no S4.
#24 - joen
Quote from chopaholic :And you know that for a 100% fact?

Yes.
Originally the plan was to develop LFS in S1 through S4, but it was brought down to 3 stages.
How much does "Need for speed" cost for each edition?? (when brand new) do you get a discount when you have #1 when you buy #2?

License Opinions...
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG