The online racing simulator
UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
Great work!
Thanks for all the improvements! All these little details added together gives LFS a very high replay value. The sensation of speed is also very well done. I hope the future will bring rolling starts since that's the major point of failure of any race (reasons left aside since that can be numerous). Going to enjoy the new version, cya!
Is it just me or is the BOV gone?
Quote from Nigox :Is it just me or is the BOV gone?

It is your audio setting / hardware, I cranked now 6k and 12k settings up from my EQ and it is loud and clear. If you have treble adjustment, crank it up.
Quote from JTbo :It is your audio setting / hardware, I cranked now 6k and 12k settings up from my EQ and it is loud and clear. If you have treble adjustment, crank it up.

Yeah i did that but i dont hear any BOV

Just the turbo sound!
Quote from Nigox :Yeah i did that but i dont hear any BOV

Just the turbo sound!

Which car? I hear bov sound, it is not too strong but clearly tsuuuh will play when lifting throttle.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :Was there such damage before? I noticed it is now possible to kill the engine, just shift into first gear at top speed and you cannot move anymore (tested on FXR).

Yes there was. At one point you got severe damage from flatshifting too, but that was some time ago.
/exec and /hrun commands in version V.
Hello,
I have some remarks about /exec command. We would like to allow people to upload their layouts into our server. The problem is, if someone upload a file into "layout" directory named with "lfs" extension, for example: "layout\evil.lfs" file, and if the content of "evil.lfs" is
/exec <some evil program such as format.exe>
then an admin (a person knowing an admin password) can do: "/hrun ..\layout\evil".

I see, if we allow to upload files on the server, it is a security flaw itself. We could allow to upload only files with ".lyt" extension and everyone doesn't know an admin password. I just would like to draw the attention of possible security problems with /exec and /hrun commands to users/developers.
I can see why you'd want to do this Kada, but I'd view it as something you need to take care of, rather than solely the developer team. There's nothing stopping you doing some regexp on the contents of the file for suspect information, and only allowing certain mime-types, file extensions and so on to be uploaded.

At the end of the day the team could remove the /exec command, but it does have it's uses, and adding filters so that it can only run files in certain directories would be a shame.
Quote from the_angry_angel :At the end of the day the team could remove the /exec command, but it does have it's uses, and adding filters so that it can only run files in certain directories would be a shame.

Thank you for your answer. I don't suggest a solution in my post. If I could (wrong thread), I suggest a server option "allow_exec=no". I understand, that there are people, who like the /exec command. But, from my point of view, it could lead into security problems, when it is allowed executing _any_ program on the server. Our scenario with layouts is just one of several other possible scenarios, how to put "evil" script on the server.
That seems like a reasonable suggestion
During hotlapping I used to save certain type of relplays manually, additionally to the actual hotlaps which I've always saved by pressing "1" on my keyboard. When I save these special replays for the first time: I press "2" on my keyboard then type the name and with [CTRL]+[C] I copy the name to clipboard. The next time, I just press "2" and [CTRL]+[V] and then [ENTER] and LFS adds "_2" and "_3" ... after the name. If I want to act like this in patch V, LFS asks me if I want to overwrite the existing file*. The LFS's side of automatic replay saving in hotlaps and .mpr files still works [LFS adds "_2+n" (while n=0,1,2...) to the filenames that otherwise would be the same].

*While typing this post, I double checked this. I named the first replay testing1. While trying to save another file with the same name LFS asked me "Overwrite the existing file?" I said yes, but the old file didn't get overwritten, instead new file was named testing1_2 as it was with previous patches. First I thought another feature got taken away from LFS, but now I'm not sure anymore .

UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG