The online racing simulator
CityDriving - METROPOLIS
(19 posts, started )
CityDriving - METROPOLIS
Well I've had this on my computer for a while, and never finished it. So I had to move things around and make or delete certain parts to be within the 512 object limit. So far it has worked out quite well...

I named it "Metropolis" because I wanted to create a 'busy' city feel. There are MANY places that cars will cross over in your path, and that makes the police chases a lot more fun I think. There are also a whole lot of interesting crossings that seem like shortcuts. There are just many ways around this layout/city, you just need to be careful, because some places are narrow . But it is all still very driveable and something new for a change (the old one is quite boring now to me).

If you drive on the right-side of the roads you will understand some of the shortcuts and crossovers. There are also parking areas along the side of the road, and an entire blocked off area for parking with an entrance and exit. The highways are a bit more 'confined' and dangerous, but still about as long as the old layout's... so you can have a lot of speed . The roundabout is a bit bigger. Have fun with it, and I will see if this can get loaded up on one of the CityDriving servers.... cu there sometime
Attached images
metropolis_center-roundabout.jpg
metropolis_highways.jpg
metropolis_crossroads.jpg
Attached files
AU1_CityDriving-METROPOLIS.lyt - 4 KB - 869 views
Looks nice dude
Nice looking layout, Tweak. Too bad anytime I check the City Driving servers they are loaded up with just kids and not folks who want to play the right way.

Next time you take a screenshot, try not to swipe those haybales (3rd pic) .
#4 - ukg
looks nice tweak, il take a look

[TC]>BigUKG
That looks like tonnes o' fun.......I'll have to give that a try too
It's a bit more challenging than the normal city driving layouts people are used to. You need to have a fair amount of good car control and skill to be fast and get away from the police on it . There are some tricks and shortcuts you can find by taking certain driving lines. It's just a matter of trying the layout for a bit and getting used to it, and then you'll find it is full of suprises .

I find it to be more interactive with choosing where you want to go to end up at a completely different location. You don't have to go through the roundabout to get to one end, you can always take a different exit, or choose an alternate route. It is wider in some of the city crossroad places, but a little narrower in other alleyway areas. The point of it being narrow is so you can block it off with a car (cop). Just get about 10 people playing CNR on it and you'll see how it goes . The lesser skilled drivers won't survive of course.
i wanna try it, i wanna try it . when i see this things i wonder something.... how much time you take to finish it? :smash3d:
#8 - aoun
Much more realistic looking.. theres parking spots and some curves too.. its not just all maze like..

really nice!! ..
how can i access cops and robbers?
You can't load autocross layouts without an S2 license.

This layout looks pretty sweet - there are some scary narrow lanes in there. Nice work
can i access any without a S2 ?
The autocross feature is disabled when your a demo meaning... no building, no sending, no playing on made layouts. You are granted the autocross feature plus more cars and more tracks if you buy s2.
cool nice job
When can city driving use it?
If i get Tweakers permission, i would like to try it on a spare [TC] Server i have.

Tweaker, you have a PM.

[TC]>Steve
Goin to test it now. Can i start a Server with it? I'll call it Dalek Metropilis. Goin up in 5 mins. Thanks Tweak!
Quote from Dalek0220 :Goin to test it now. Can i start a Server with it? I'll call it Dalek Metropilis. Goin up in 5 mins. Thanks Tweak!

cant find it :s w or w17-24
that looks great wouldnt be able to play it online with my pc but id love it offline
W26. It's not dedi. Dunno how to with out getting the blue screen of death.

CityDriving - METROPOLIS
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG