The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
Quote from obsolete_power :Okay, when I said I don't give a **** and calling them immature was not about their opinions of what I said. They were directed to the attacks coming from them directed at me. This stopped being about my opinion a long time ago, probably about half-way through the first page. Since then it's been nothing but me being stupid, an idiot or any of the other things I have just seen. This just shows exactly the kind of community that you guys helped create!

Well you brought it upon yourself when you started it. You basically called the developers lazy slackers that sold out and stole your money and now you don't get any extra content fast enough.

imho you are wrong. because you paid for the content at hand, which you could look up on their site. You knew what it would be, an unfinished sim.

Ok, so you are bored with it, fair enough. It happens.
I am not, I am loving it, and if there would never be another update,
I would still play it for a long time.

Heck there are games that are much older, have cost me more money, and that have had no update at all, which I still play too.

But if you place such an opinion, and a tad strongly formulated as you did, on a public forum, in the Discussion section, then discussion is what you will get, no matter if you "asked for it" or not..

There is no need to say the community is crap, there are always some trouble makers, but you cant go calling everyone names

I hope you guys will have a lot of fun with Test Drive, and who knows, maybe we'll see you again when S3 comes around..

the best of luck to you all, bye bye!!
Quote from DFS_MadFred :Well you brought it upon yourself when you started it. You basically called the developers lazy slackers that sold out and stole your money and now you don't get any extra content fast enough.

imho you are wrong. because you paid for the content at hand, which you could look up on their site. You knew what it would be, an unfinished sim.

Ok, so you are bored with it, fair enough. It happens.
I am not, I am loving it, and if there would never be another update,
I would still play it for a long time.

Heck there are games that are much older, have cost me more money, and that have had no update at all, which I still play too.

But if you place such an opinion, and a tad strongly formulated as you did, on a public forum, in the Discussion section, then discussion is what you will get, no matter if you "asked for it" or not..

There is no need to say the community is crap, there are always some trouble makers, but you cant go calling everyone names

I hope you guys will have a lot of fun with Test Drive, and wjho knows, maybe we'll see you again when S3 comes around..

the best of luck to you all, bye bye!!

Man, honestly, come on. There is a difference between saying they are lazy and what other people's intuition is...Really, where have I stated that they "stole" my money? What do you mean I brought it upon myself?
So who is contradicting himself here?? You told me earlier that I was calling people immature and whatever and now when I said that I was referring to people's personal attacks you do a 180 on me and say I brought it upon myself...honestly dude...
Quote from obsolete_power : I do not care, nor do I accept the fact that there are only 3 developers. They cannot keep up with the demand so they should get more people to work on it. Oh yeah and the nonesense about the developers having "lives" and families....no one gives a turd! They have started something, they have asked for money, so now it is time that we ask something of them! This is their job and I DO NOT CARE what lives they WANT to have. Their job is to sit on their asses and program! It isn't like this is a side project or something!! They get almost 100% of the profits and they should be satisfied by that!

okay so "stole" was out of place, but you seem to think that the money you paid is for the current development aswell as the content you got.

The devs don't owe you anything, so why the "time that we ask something of them" remark? you GOT what you were entitled too when you paid.

You also state that "nobody gives a turd" ..Well I do actually.
So nuff said

then:

Quote from obsolete_power :Yep, typical....It is like a new corporation that is starting out, they give free things, the act all loyal and everything, they are constantly offering support and are more than willing to help and asnwer EVERY question. Then they start making some money and it all goes to shit....They become arrogant and no longer value their customers.

You go ahead and attack them again (you speak of personal attacks, I have not called you a name yet have I?)
So it's obvious people come to the devs denfense.. had you expected differently?

So yeah, you started it, had you used a bit milder approach then people would have been nicer in their respons I think.

How do I do a 180 on you, I dont attack you, I express my opinion, which is what all of us are doing, right? .like.. discussion? public forum?

As I said, you are bored with LFS, good.. sorry to hear that,
so go play your new #1 game, I was sincere there, I hope you enjoy it
We were having a great time in this thread before you guys started posting this crap. By crap I mean.. pointless, whingy-moany attention-seeking nonsense. So you found a game that you have to play because your sponsors tell you.. that's fine, go play it.

But seriously, your sponsors would not want you to sit here and spite a game you were once enthusiastic about, even if you were no longer enthusiastic about it. If you can do it about LFS, some time down the road you've the capacity to do it for the game they sponsor you to play. That's not attractive to a sponsor.. they don't want something that might go rotten on them, or blow up in their face unexpectedly. It's not a professional approach. Honestly.

If Test Drive Unlimited suits you, then go for it. Except for the trolling in your posts, which at the end of the day is a really poor reflection on you, I'm sure everyone wishes you happiness and long life. There's no need to post further. You've said that you've said what you wanted to say, and that's all you wanted to do.. so please, leave it at that. Anything more is just going to come down to needless agitation and Forum Disruption.
Who on earth are Hell Knights anyway? I've never heard of them doing anything remotely 'interesting' in anything. They just have a very loud, in your face signature, an almost complete lack of ability at using English, and very short attention spans.

I say just smile and wave (like Dan said ages ago), and they'll go - and LFS will be marginally better for it
Let us now review obsolete_power's "respectful" opening post. I'll do something I don't like doing - dissect a post piece by piece so I can get my point across. I highlight in red the parts which piss me off (which is pretty much the whole post).

Quote from obsolete_power :LFS is gone, it's as lifeless as a Dodo and it has been for a long time now!

That doesn't sound like an opinion to me. It sounds like a rash statement.

Quote :Content and depth are at an all-time LOW

Oh bugger, that's a bit backward. Somehow 19 cars are less than the what, 8 we had in S1? And what is "depth"? Everything about LFS has progressed over time so that statement is just flat out wrong. As for

Quote :and besides the online "experience" this game hardly has anything else.

Really? What about the physics?

Quote :I have moved on to much better and games with much more depth than LFS.

Great, why do you feel the need to tell us about it?

Quote :I do not care, nor do I accept the fact that there are only 3 developers.

Its a fact, get over it - no-one hid that fact from you when you bought the game.

Quote :They cannot keep up with the demand so they should get more people to work on it.

That won't necessarily speed anything up - in a good way anyway. "They cannot keep up with the demand"? That makes no sense at all. If they cannot meet your demands (which is a totally different thing) then go play something else. You didn't buy slaves for £24, you bought a game.

Quote :This game has been released for 4 years now and we are still in the alpha stage of the second "major" release.

Yeah, development takes time.

Quote :Oh yeah and the nonesense about the developers having "lives" and families....no one gives a turd!

That's really respectful. Nice.

Quote :They have started something, they have asked for money, so now it is time that we ask something of them! This is their job and I DO NOT CARE what lives they WANT to have. Their job is to sit on their asses and program! It isn't like this is a side project or something!!

Woah. Read the EULA again. The devs owe you nothing. And, the devs are in high gear now, doing 10hour days. What more do you expect? They'd be doing less in a day job.

Quote : They get almost 100% of the profits and they should be satisfied by that!

What's that got to do with anything? I'm sure they're satisfied or they wouldn't be here (yes, they are here).

Quote :This game started out as something truly great and cutting edge but that was like back in 2003 - 2004, they haven't kept up with the rest of the world! LFS still has mediocre graphics and sound, and although the physics are pretty good, I have played games that have much better modeling...

Oh yeah? Then go play something else.

Quote :I am truly sorry but you have officially lost me as a customer and I do not see myself returning until they get their acts together and release something fresh!!!

How about you get your act together and make us a better sim?

Quote :The right and smart thing to do would be to release something MAJOR before Christmas this year or they will really pay the price.

Oh no, HK will stop playing LFS. Whatever shall we do?

Quote :With all this being said, it is a damn shame that it had to come to this!!

Come to what? Oh, you leaving? Bugger. I'll start weeping in a bit.
I suppose some people just need flashy shiney things all the time to keep there attention. A bit like a spoilt kid show them something shiney and they love it, but they will get bored eventually and demand more.
My dog is kinda like that, he loves new toys. Plays with them for a little while but then gets bored and buries it.

@obsolete_power: Bye, i would love to say i'd miss you but i've never heard of you or your team, and from your few posts here on this forum your seem like a complete [insert whatever makes you happy here]. Goodluck with life, you'll need it with your attitude.
Quote from obsolete_power :Very good, lad. You have managed to come up with yet another "amazing" post. The fact that you think I am stupid gives you no advantage over me whatsoever It just proves my point...I state my opinion and you call me stupid for it, great. Your simple-mindedness really highlights your immaturity. Again, I am not the one with the personal attacks, chap. I didn't ask for your opinion on my intelligence, I never asked for anything at all.

Don't post if you don't want people commenting on what you have to say. You may have confused this forum with a diary.

When you state opinions that are stupid, people tend to call you stupid for doing it. Just the way the world works.

You act as if I think you're a moron for no reason, despite the fact that you've read why I think the way I do. I'll break it down into a simple sentence for you:
You're stupid because you expect promises that weren't made and you think that your views should be agreed upon just because you say so.
obsolete_power don't know how you can take all this :something anymore!!! Just go and play your new game, we will stick with this LFS Sim....
Wow.. axus, your post break-down has done for me what 2 coffees (so far) has been unable to do.. make the unintelligible readable. Unfortunately, now that the post is broken down, more people are going to be able to comprehend and become incensed by the tripe obsolete_power has written. So, please everybody, don't feed the troll. Dan said it all, and Tristan said it too.. Smile and wave.

izza and homework wave:
Quote from SamH :So, please everybody, don't feed the troll. Dan said it all, and Tristan said it too.. Smile and wave.

Normally I wouldn't have commented on these things at all, but I guess I am still a bit shook up from what happend the other day.. which might influence my judgement a bit...

I was standing at the bus stop next to a guy whose wife has a brother that knows a guy whose sister works together with a woman that has a nephew whose friend knows a girl that had spoken to a guy who had heard a story from a woman who had been talking on the phone to a man that actually knows someone whose dog saw a guy getting roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris

So you can image that hits close to home... I'm still in shock..
Man.. that's gotta be rough! Take it easy for a few, yeah?

:bullwhip::bananadea :evil:
Heh Heh, well I don't really have a choice.. Takes time to heal..

Luckily my G-25 still hasn't arrived, it would be so cruel to
have it now and not having the strength to operate the pedals

well...

^^^^^^^^^

See, the devs even broke St4Lk3R's F5 key!!!!!111neone!!1

Off I go to school....
Quote from tristancliffe :Who on earth are Hell Knights anyway? I've never heard of them doing anything remotely 'interesting' in anything. They just have a very loud, in your face signature, an almost complete lack of ability at using English, and very short attention spans.

I say just smile and wave (like Dan said ages ago), and they'll go - and LFS will be marginally better for it

I am a member of HK, granted i dont have anything stating that on my forum tag.

As an individual on the team, i have been competitive in many tournaments and began making a name for HK. I would constently have battles with -core- Viruz, Banshee, RM.... etc. To say HK is nothing is completely foolish. Vipeness and obsolete created a mini game for LFS called "Tag-You're it!!". Its great for kicking back after a few tough races and having fun with buddies!

While my opinion towards the situation lies towards the upset side, i opted to try to leave it off the forums.

For what it is, LFS is a great sim. I think my teamates feel the way they do because there used to be regular updates in the past, and now....well... there hasnt really been major ones. Sure there has been minor ones, like fixing the Hud, creating a new mini map, etc. But certain things that keep tough gamers interested havent been done lately.

All i have said is that i hope the Devs arent taking a break or being lazy. Im sure there are other people that are hoping the same.

With that being said, I,personally, am not giving up on LFS. I still play LFS from time to time, and i enjoy every minute that i play. This is probably because i am an automobile fanatic and love everything and anything about cars. I have like 12 different racing games on my computer .

I respect everyones comments here and would like if everyone could try to view all these comments being made as individual comments, and not comments made by our team. Certainly, as you can tell, there is more than one opinion within our team.

Quote from theycallmeebryan : But certain things that keep tough gamers interested havent been done lately.

I should think the tough gamers are happy, but the whiny little kids have trouble with not enough stuff to keep them busy.
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG