The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
i heard that the devs all bought small islands in the middle of the philipines and moved there and just scrapped project 'LFS'....so by the sounds of that, id say yes, it is dead.
Certainly is. And with only 168 people browsing the forum, it's not like there's anyone interested in the game anyway.

I for one am very disappointed that 3 guys can't put in 400 hour weeks to get this project completed. How dare they require food and sleep! In fact, hold on...

Right, I've now kidnapped them all and have chained them to chairs in front of computers. I've connected electrodes to their hands so that if they lift them from the keyboards they get nasty electrical shocks. On top of that, I have given them air horns as earphones which go off every 5 minutes, just in case they think about falling asleep.

Now finish up, boys. Get to work.
Dead? Yeah, sure thing...

:uglyhamme
Quote from Dajmin :Right, I've now kidnapped them all and have chained them to chairs in front of computers. I've connected electrodes to their hands so that if they lift them from the keyboards they get nasty electrical shocks. On top of that, I have given them air horns as earphones which go off every 5 minutes, just in case they think about falling asleep.

Now finish up, boys. Get to work.
Dead? Yeah, sure thing...

:uglyhamme

No need to kidnap the devs. You need to kidnap Chuck Norris and make him stand behind the devs. We'd get S3 by Christmas and it would be perfect and have every feature imaginable with 0 bugs.
remember: you cannot kidnap chuck "the roundhousekick" norris. it's ... it's .... it's just impossible
You cannot kidnap Chuck Norris. He kidnaps you!
Maybe we could tell him they were suspected terrorists and he had to make sure they didn't plan any evil. He'd be on them like white on rice
He would know you are lying even before you do
and atleast chuck norris is not George W Bush, so he wouldnt care if they are terrorists. If he wants to find them, he'll find them.
ok, true story. i actually tried this 'you cant kidnap chuck norris' theory myself. i followed him for a bit, and when he wasnt looking, trapped him in a big bag marked 'COWS' so that it wouldnt be suspicious when i came back through customs. By the time i had gotten home, and taken him out of the sack, ina fully contained bunker to keep him in, he had reversed my move and we were infact at his ranch, back in the states and i was his prisoner. he thanked me for my attempt, and took me to the airport.

its true, you cannot capture chuck norris. he does infact capture you.
President Norris!

"Not only will he personally find and destroy your WMDs, he'll take out every damn terrorist between here and hell."
LFS is so dead.

:hidesbehi

(remember one thing from this silly topic: LFS will never die, it's like GPL!)
I personally think Lfs is going nowhere
graphics still DX7
no new cars besides bf1 and a rush job that was, in a F1 car everything is changable even the diff settings on the fly, fuel managment, tc is just hopeless
no new tracks justa variation of old ones, like we put a corner in here WoW
only 1 person can connect a t a time (very primative)
no asymetrical suspension settings
LSD effect needs major improvment seriusly

these are very core compnants necessities yet i see in patches
*fixed speedo
the unlock system is uber ghey
I feel the wrong things are being worked on in improving it
personally if I dont see some skirt blowing improvments im not handing over any more cash
flame, freeze, abuse aggree do as you please
my opinion
peace
Okay... your own thread wasn't good enough for you?
#39 - joen
Quote from seinfeld :
flame, freeze, abuse aggree do as you please
my opinion
peace

So basically you couldn't care less about what other people think of your opinion, yet you somehow feel the need to express them on a forum. The motivation behind it escapes me.
How many more posts are you going to make saying the same thing? Seems like you're craving for attention.
no my opinion weather people car or not is my opinion, so what is your point to your statement exactly
its my own concept of where i think lfs is going, thats what the title of this thread is about
#41 - JCTK
Quote from seinfeld :no my opinion weather people car or not is my opinion, so what is your point to your statement exactly
its my own concept of where i think lfs is going, thats what the title of this thread is about

so you post your own opinion on a public forum and from the way you phrase your opinion, you either don't care what people's opinions are towards your opinion or you don't want them to comment on your opinion~?
Totally off topic (but it's a stupid topic) and completely beaten to death, but I have such trouble taking anyone seriously that doesn't bother to spell properly. Personally I'm a terrible speller, but you have to at least try.

Nobody listens to the belligerent simpleton...

So I've brought up the spelling bugaboo, maybe if I call somebody a Nazi we can lock this thread.
LFS is still being developed - FFS a test patch U31 will be out reasonably soon!

The site isn't regularly updated though.
Quote from seinfeld :no my opinion weather people car or not is my opinion, so what is your point to your statement exactly

If you care so little what people think of your opinion, why did you feel the need to state it again in a separate thread?
Quote from seinfeld :
the unlock system is uber ghey

I'm sure the Dev's respect intelligent and constructive criticism.
Maybe you'll offer some in the future ?
(On the Chuck Norris thing) I just knew I was going to get called on that. I very very nearly edited my post. Had the mouse over the edit button and everything, but had to run and do something (work got in the way illepall ).

Edit: Sitting here on lunch with a coworker, we were talking about Chuck Norris and searched here for him and found 2 pages of threads containing comments on Chuck. Hilarious.
#47 - joen

The point of my statement is that usually people give their opinions in order to discuss. You just throw it out there and say "well here's my opinion, i don't care what you think about it" To me that seems pointless. I guess what I don't understand is...why post your opinion if you're not open to discussion? What do you (or what should we) get out of it? It's basically the same as talking to a wall or a busstop.
If you don't get my point then I guess there's no way to make it clear to you.
LFS is far away from being dead. Even nk pro is not dead, though it's all rotten and smelling. (The stench is unbelievable!) With guaranteed online possibility with other racers, LFS has achieved something that even iracing will have to work very hard to "catch up". Still it seems that LFS has taken the 2 patches per year approach. 1 compatible and 1 incompatible. Nothing bad in it, you can't expect people to work 60+ hours a week for long periods. It's not good for a sim or to themselves.

But, still, the LFS mainsite could be updated between patches too. Even change the BF1 picture something a bit different. Something to tell the random visitor that the sim is alive and kicking. The "racers online" stat doesn't tell much to people new to sims...

Maybe a simple picture of the month or something?
If you want very useless updates, get racer, LFS is actually going somewhere!
Why don't we just get Chuck to finish LFS?

It'll be complete by the end of the week (no offense devs, but you aren't Chuck Norris) and he'll of kicked all of our butts for even thinking about claiming there were any bugs in the progr.....

*slumps on to keyboard*

v b5u7v6 xcgv,'gj,l;;;................

This is Chuck Norris speaking...if any of you punks have anything bad to say about Live for Chuck Norris then I'll have kicked your a$$es already.

Thanks.

Chuck
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG