The online racing simulator
Vote open for the Second Annual AUTOSIMSPORT Readers Awards
Most of the nominees are to do with rFactor..

really fair that
rfactor takes almost every option in at least 2 categories, its funny
#4 - nihil
But the "best sim money can buy"? LFS is unbeatable for twenty-four notes, but if I had an unlimited pot of money.... Anyone know what could claim to be the ultimate contemporary simulator?
may aswell be the rFactor votes (featuring better sims but screw them)

*rant over*
What do you expect from a publication that somehow came to the conclusion that the BMW Sauber F1 is more realistic in rFactor than in LFS. illepall
Not many there I can legitimately vote on, tbh don't keep tabs on the rest of the simracing community.
Well its biased and poorly done...thats exactly what I expected from autosimsport

The categories are crap for a so called simulation e-zine, where are the questions about physics? Best online racing? Most improved developer? Best car models? Best track designs? Most enjoyable? Best community? Most Potential? ...this list goes on, it wouldn't have been hard to add a few extra polls so that people who want to buy a simulation racer will know which is best in the area they enjoy.
This vote is a bit screwed up. If Other wins the vote how the hell do they plan to advertise the winner? :s

Not to mention the fact that Victor won sim personality of the year and isn't even featured in the vote this year...
i dont get how you can have other.. it doesnt make sence.. what if other gets the most votes?!

the winner of 2006 is...

OTHER!

Edit: too slow
Other is for people like us protesting against the poll.
i say that anyone who hasnt voted should vote for others.. see if we can get others to win..
Quote from (-Mark-) :i say that anyone who hasnt voted should vote for others.. see if we can get others to win..

That's already where my vote went....
I predict in 10 years time the list of previous winners will be as follows...

2005 Live for Speed
2006 Live for Speed
2007 Live for Speed
2008 Live for Speed
2009 Live for Speed
2010 Live for Speed
2011 Live for Speed
2012 Live for Speed
2013 Live for Speed
2014 Live for Speed

At that point the only options will be LFS S1, LFS S2, LFS S3 and Other
Heh heh, i can't help thinking that other is gonna be a resounding success. And LFS is already miles ahead in the best sim awards, untouchable really, which is where it should rightly be!

But the most anticipated mod is hardly applicable to LFS, cos unless your are in the LFS community and look at the forums, you will have absolutely no idea that there is an update on the way (like the eagerly expected S2 V patch!). And we can't really say anything about the best mod because there haven't been too many mods this year, just fine tweeking of the original ones.

But being biased towards the GREATEST driving sim of all time (which is only gonna get better!!!), I was horrified to see the lack of LFS in each category, almost like a conspirasy, fed up with LFS winning everything, and rightly so, for years before.

But other is the only option we LFSers have and it is going down a storm, so I urge everybody to keep voting other where there is no LFS, and we will win a moral victory, YEEEEAAAHHHH
It would be fantastically hilarious if only Live for Speed and Other won all the awards
Other is winning in the best site award

vote for others in it (as it contains Live for speed site)

and Most Anticipated Simulation

could be lfs s3 :P
I found a secret extra question

Q: Who is the most annoying sim personality of the year, who may or may not have buggered off at the first sign of trouble for 6 months, neglected his community, and has a fanboy base of 4 who claim it's a bugless, lag-free, perfectly simulated experience

A: Kunos
B: Stefano Costalotto
C: My Arse
D: KidCodEa
other ftw!
hehehe naughty
117 votes.. rFactor 15 :o
LFS is still on its way !
Best Sim-Racing Website that doesn´t work

The Nominees are:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race Sim Central
Race Sim Central
Race Sim Central
Race Sim Central
Race Sim Central
Other (LFS-Torque )
Forza "other"!

woopwoopwoopwoopwoop!

PS, good to see the GPL 1969 Mod getting a good chunk of the "best mod" votes :up:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG