The online racing simulator
Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
Wooo.. this curb is amazing, well done!
If you manage to do a curb in this quality, for Aston, i would be a very happy man..
Boris,

It's on the 'to-do' list!
Quote from Electrik Kar :Boris,

It's on the 'to-do' list!

Very thank you my friend, you good man, i love LFS and i try to help people, you are good people too..

Just kiding, can't wait for it Electric..
WOW - i just found out there's this update. 11/11/06 WOWOWOW. I cant wait to get home.
some one should tell LFS database..
http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... nid=13&p13_fileid=312

Quote from Electrik Kar :LATEST UPDATE: (11/11/06 - improved runoff and drain texture)

Like totally awesome - I was always was a bit at odds about those EXACT bits. And if that SO curb is available - well - like fully sic maite. *RUNS HOME* Woot. Electrik Kar = my hero

*I JUST PIMPED MY LFS*
My god - with all these extra sky/track/dust/interiors/skins textures and CSR - who says you cant get upgrades in LFS like in NFS - ROFLMAO.
AHA - NFS is pwned.
JasonJ, you must be the most excitable Tasmanian I've ever met! I think you've had one too many of those delicious organic pies from the Salamanca market, hehe... they sure get me excited.

Ugh! Filefront's taking an age to upload the WIP. I think I'll crash out for a while and let it do it's thing (it says two hours to go :shrug.

I'm tired so anything I type from now on will not make and sense. So I'll stop typing.

BRB
Quote from Electrik Kar :JasonJ, you must be the most excitable Tasmanian I've ever met!

Well good work deserves excitement.

I got a small problem though.
I downloaded the new Textures update_c - track and curbs from here..http://files.filefront.com//;6168053;;/

I got three files:
BWcurbs1.dds
BWnewroad.dds
BWoldroad.dds
All of which are dated as modified 11/11/2006 and same size each 2,731KB (same size as 2.0b textures)

But when I put them in the dds folder and reload LFS - the curbs and track look the same. I still got the grainy curbs like in 2.0b. I redownloaded them. Same again. I even put the 3 old original curb/track LFS files to see if I was overwriting the correct folder/files/location. Sure enought I saw the old curbs and track - with 2.0b grass and banks - lol. SO I am SURE doing the right thing. Whats with the http://files.filefront.com//;6168053;;/ files? Are you updating them with the old ones. Damn. I thought I had all this worked out.. But alas - something aint right here.

I wanna see these ...
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=19532&d=1163489954 *hopes*
Ah...

You should

Download 'C' update from the start of the Blackwood 2.0 thread. (for the better drain and runoff).

Download BWcurbs1.dds from my filefront page here.

You should copy BWcurbs.dds over the C update if you want the SO curb.

How goddamn confusing, I know. But I haven't sorted it all out yet.
The prob is that the SO curb is not in the 'C' update. It replaces the 'C' curb update. Hope this helps.

Filefront uploading service is down, decided to quit on me with less than one minute remaining for the file. Nice. illepall

I'll try again tonight, sorry
Hey, Elektrik Kar - try out www.box.net - I find it to be far better and non-tedious for uploading files (has a nice AJAX control too for that) and the sharing part is ad-free. Actually, the whole thing is ad-free and very well made.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Ah...

You should

Download 'C' update from the start of the Blackwood 2.0 thread. (for the better drain and runoff).

Download BWcurbs1.dds from my filefront page here. ....

THANKS - THATS THE TICKET

I didnt know you had a main page there. DW: It's clear as mud - Hey you gotta work to earn your texture upgrades. Hehe.

Sorry - I didn't know it was not quite all complied together in one place. I was impatient. Thousand apologies. Looks rad man. Im gonna go hit some demo servers. *there goes the weekend* :-/
Well, it's up (finally!)

SOWIP.zip - (takes you to my main filefront page. From there just select SOWIP.zip)

I just want to say again that yes- it's a WIP. There are many outstanding things I want to do before I will consider a proper release.. for eg, (off the top of my head) the pub texture, some of the concrete textures, some shops, pretty much all the signage... one thing, I'd like to get info back from you guys too on how fps is being affected with these textures. If there's no real hit (on most systems) then I'll probably redo all the signs at the next highest res (they're imo maybe still a bit blocky, being so big in the game). There's some issues of scale yet to be fixed- bricks and tiles appearing a bit too large in some areas. And general cleaning up of stuff... um. ah hell. Just see how you go... :munching_:eclipseeh

Cheers for all the support, see you online soon (3 months :weeping: )
Attached images
blh10.jpg
/clicky download. Thanks! Enjoy yourself while you're away.
tha for those buildings textures.
-I made some edits with them, hope you dont mind.
Attached images
pre_buildings_04.jpg
pre_buildings_05.jpg
pre_buildings_01.jpg
pre_buildings_02.jpg
pre_buildings_06.jpg
Quote from bo-kristiansen :tha for those buildings textures.
-I made some edits with them, hope you dont mind.

Looks realy nice bo
Looking good, except the last one. This building looks too low-res and shabby.
Quote from GP4Flo :Looking good, except the last one. This building looks too low-res and shabby.

yeah know, but that building got some strange shadows and mapping.
-Im working on it this evening, using Electrik Kar's textures as basis.
I reworked it and like this one better.
- the texture is used on another building and it got some sort
of yellow overlay I cant do anything about. ...but it looks okay.
-we got a yellow building in my town looking exatly like that.
Attached images
pre_buildings_08.jpg
pre_buildings_07.jpg
No, the yellow overlay is fine in my point of view... I've seen many old house blocks like this "refreshed" by just painting it in a flashy color (ok, so they added some isolation material and replaced the windows, but that was about it), so it doesn't look odd to me...
Bo, looking good Like how you removed the text in the bookstore texture- there are places where that one's reversed so you get reverse text. Can't really see too well on this monitor though, I think it's just 256 colours ! But keep going! Looking forward to coming back to Istanbul and finishing these textures. Having a great time in Melbourne though..
Quote from Electrik Kar :Bo, looking good Like how you removed the text in the bookstore texture- there are places where that one's reversed so you get reverse text. Can't really see too well on this monitor though, I think it's just 256 colours ! But keep going! Looking forward to coming back to Istanbul and finishing these textures. Having a great time in Melbourne though..

Yeah the shopfront dds's are reversed in some places.
...so I made these shopsigns; "ITAHATI" and "WOXOW".

- problem solved.

EDIT +some more edits pre.
-credits to Electrik Kar for the textures.
-I have just moved them around and edited a bit.
Attached images
sf_09.jpg
pre_buildings_09.jpg
pre_buildings_10.jpg
...wow, it's been awhile!
Today I finally got the rally texture done for Blackwood . You can get it here. -Enjoy
Attached images
ral1.jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :...wow, it's been awhile!
Today I finally got the rally texture done for Blackwood . You can get it here. -Enjoy

Nice! Glad to see you back at it

On a side note, may I ask after you're done with BL and SO, what track do you plan to do, if any?

I see the netKar guys have managed to pull off a spectacular road texture for their hillclimb thing btw:
http://www.netkar-pro.com/images/trentobondone_03.jpg
*hint-hint*
Hi Axus -

Yes, I'm still at it, lol!

Quote :what track do you plan to do, if any?

Funny you should mention that . As matter of fact, I've jumped into work on Kyoto - (my personal favourite track). Don't worry - I am still working on SO, and I've an update for Blackwood which I'll zip up shortly. Basically, I wanted to start fresh on Kyoto, and do bits and pieces for SO, until it's done. This keeps things a little bit interesting for me. After that, who knows? Probably Fern Bay. Then Westhill, lol. Then the AutoX track. :faint:

If the quality's high enough (and I'm feeling courageous :scared: ), I might even write to Eric, see if he would like to use any of these textures for the game. I would be thrilled to be able to help out officially in some way. I'm not really sure what he would say though... ?

edit: here's an early WIP shot of the KY track.

Glad to see you stop by,
Attached images
KYWIP.jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :Hi Axus -

Yes, I'm still at it, lol!

Funny you should mention that . As matter of fact, I've jumped into work on Kyoto - (my personal favourite track). Don't worry - I am still working on SO, and I've an update for Blackwood which I'll zip up shortly. Basically, I wanted to start fresh on Kyoto, and do bits and pieces for SO, until it's done. This keeps things a little bit interesting for me. After that, who knows? Probably Fern Bay. Then Westhill, lol. Then the AutoX track. :faint:

If the quality's high enough (and I'm feeling courageous :scared: ), I might even write to Eric, see if he would like to use any of these textures for the game. I would be thrilled to be able to help out officially in some way. I'm not really sure what he would say though... ?

edit: here's an early WIP shot of the KY track.

Glad to see you stop by,

Please, please, please keep working on these, whenever you have a spare 10 minutes. Your work is awesome, and means I never have to bother looking at alternative packs. If Eric uses your work as official textures then fantastic, but if not I'll still be downloading and installing your work if it's compatible with the current version of LFS.

I can't praise you enough, and you might be aware how hard it is to get unconditional praise out of me!
Thats looks rather good - downloading right now.

Tristancliffe - :goodvibes thankyou...!

Anyone know how to get Japanese fonts working in photoshop? I've installed the Asain fonts pack from the Windows cd, can even save files in japanese now :Eyecrazy: but they won't work in photoshop, the lettering comes out as english. I've managed to obtain a couple of fonts which do work, but they're not really what I'm after. I'm just wondering why the system fonts want to revert back to English??

Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG