The online racing simulator
Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
It looks very nice indeed, great quality work.

Before I download and install can you tell me please do the blends work on the RallyX track too? As I everytime I install a Blackwood mod I have to take it off again because the RallyX track doesn't look right afterwards.
Hi Becky!

Nice to hear from you. RallyX should be fine. I haven't altered it, but I've included a modified texture which blends nicely from the dirt track to the tarmac (only lighter coloured track for now) so that there's no hard edge from one to the other. I've been thinking about doing the dirt track- I wanted to have a break from texturing work; Blackwood took a lot of energy and late nights, maybe i'll get around to it some day.

Having said that, I've actually spent a day... ...making textures! I've almost got Aston done, apart from the tracks (:shrug, and I'm working on Fern Bay as promised. Still lots to go there.

Here's preview... bye for now

edit:- PS, GP4flo- yes, I'll get around to that too.
Attached images
fbwall.jpg
astoncurb.jpg
Very very good job. Awsome work.
nice work
Eline sağlık kardeş güzel olmş kısa zamanda denicem Türk görmek güzel
aramıza bekleriz senide Raceturkey.com kolay gelsin
Here's another quick preview. Some Aston ads (think i'll turn the grime slider down a bit :really.

Xenix73, hic bir sey! Onemli degil. haha... Seriously, I'm not originally from Turkey. I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm learning Turkish here, living with my girlfriend. When I get better at Turkish (and racing), I would love to join you guys.

Quote :kolay gelsin

Cok Tesekkur ederim!

...Ben Turk degilim. Ben Auvustraliadan. Ben Istanbulda bir yildan beri kaliyorum. Turkeyi cok seviyorum! Ama bence Turkce cok zor, maalesef. Gule gule!!
Attached images
astonads.jpg
eheh öğrenirsin ya oakdar zor değil daha 1 sene olmuş öğrenirsin önemli olan zoru başarmak görşürz .
bir, iki, ütsch!!
1 , 2, 3 = Bir , iki , üç az kalmış
Quote :i combined the two version for my download...
hope this ist ok and works

Yes, this is the intention. Maybe I'll end up making two complete versions, a darker track version, and a lighter track version. For now, whichever track you want, you atleast have to download the Blackwood 2.0 zip. That has all the higher res signs, walls etc. The 2.1 (for lack of a better name I suppose) basically copies over the track textures from 2.0 and includes appropriate grass/gravel textures for the lighter track. Not a very elegent solution atm, but I will work on that.
Aston's starting to come along really well now...
Attached images
astonnew.jpg
This Blackwood is amazing, thanks for the update guys.

Quote from Electrik Kar :Aston's starting to come along really well now...

Looking great, can't wait to download.
And one more...

I apologise for not working on Fern Bay more. I think I'll have Aston finished in a few days, after that I'll move onto working on FB. Only some ads, the bridges, and minor touch ups all round are needed for Aston. So stay tuned- hopefullly ready soon. Enjoy..
Attached images
astoncurb1.jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :And one more...

I apologise for not working on Fern Bay more. I think I'll have Aston finished in a few days, after that I'll move onto working on FB. Only some ads, the bridges, and minor touch ups all round are needed for Aston. So stay tuned- hopefullly ready soon. Enjoy..

i see you are working on aston, so i just wanted to tell you that now you will face the eric's weird mappings (aston is pure madness) and if you want to save time i already did the reverse enginering of aston mappings, so if you want it, it can give you exact points of where textures get cut and where they do rejoin after a flip and rotate...(illepall), they are not included into sources i uploaded to sourceforge, so if you need them tell me and i will attach here on forum good work!
Honey,

That sounds like a good idea, thanks . The most trouble I'm having here is locating where certain files are for Aston, because many are not under 'Ast_' in the dds folder, many in GW_, for example.

PS, since you wrote I've noticed there's a problem with GWroad1.dds- where the cars sit in position at the starting line there's a 'weird clipping glitch' (what a great name for a rock band!) , just before each painted line. Know anything about that?

Experienced some strange bug last night. Somehow the texture LOD just went right down, I got this... (see screenshot) The multicoloured bridge pole- I did that. That's how I find out if a texture is being used on a track- I backup the file and then totally saturate it- then it's not too hard to spot ingame). Looks like a scene from Wipeout 2047...
Attached images
modernaston.jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :Honey,

That sounds like a good idea, thanks . The most trouble I'm having here is locating where certain files are for Aston, because many are not under 'Ast_' in the dds folder, many in GW_, for example.

yes aston textures start with AST and GW
Quote :
PS, since you wrote I've noticed there's a problem with GWroad1.dds- where the cars sit in position at the starting line there's a 'weird clipping glitch' (what a great name for a rock band!) , just before each painted line. Know anything about that?

in the texture itself there is not a glich (as far i can see), but maybe you mean that whenever you do things just one pixel different, it makes appear strange things on random parts of the track? ...well...welcome to the aston madness, then!
i suggest to keep within the boundaries of the original lines and resist to the temptation to correct the painting mismatching, some are mathematically without solution (i.e. the pit yellow lines)
Quote :
Experienced some strange bug last night. Somehow the texture LOD just went right down, I got this... (see screenshot) The multicoloured bridge pole- I did that. That's how I find out if a texture is being used on a track- I backup the file and then totally saturate it- then it's not too hard to spot ingame). Looks like a scene from Wipeout 2047...

never happened to me, make sure its not a bug in the program that you use to save dds, when i reached the "release" step for each texture, i made the followingto generate dds:
1 - "flatten image" and save as raw (including alpha channel or not depending from the texture requirements -> check the original to know this)
2 - put raw into lfs data\pic folder
3 - delete corresponding dds from data\dds
4 - start lfs -> it will generate the dds without problems

that way you will be sure, you will not have problems
this is the file i used to be fine with weird mappings of the tarmac and avoid aliasing.
one layer is a grid that you can reuse for other tracks texture to find out how they are mapped, the other layers show the mapping for aston road bump texture (you can "easily" use this for road1 texture too keeping in mind that road1 is something like putting 4 road bump together...hope i explained myself...); those layers show where texture are cut and arrows show point and direction where different regions will join...i guess you will not understand what i'm saying, so just use the green grid before anything else and yo will see in game how it will be mapped, then things will be "clear"...

if you want to play with road paintings, i can give you also the masks of road paintings...let me know.

Attached files
LFS_Texture_Map_04.rar - 147.2 KB - 189 views
Lots of good advice here. Thankyou Honey Especially, I always to forget to save as .raw. I think Scawen(?) mentioned that if you save as .raw it will convert to .dds within the game- and that the file will be smaller(???). Maybe I made that last bit up.. I will check out the grid thing you sent me. Maybe it will come in useful...

Ps, what is a road painting?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Lots of good advice here. Thankyou Honey Especially, I always to forget to save as .raw. I think Scawen(?) mentioned that if you save as .raw it will convert to .dds within the game- and that the file will be smaller(???). Maybe I made that last bit up.. I will check out the grid thing you sent me. Maybe it will come in useful...

Ps, what is a road painting?

by road painting i mean the white line at tarmac sides, the checkboard at start, the yellow lines at pitlane, etc...
Gotcha..

I'm going away for a week from tomorrow. I'll put together the stuff I consider done and get it out to you guys b4 then, i'll do another update when I get back.. here's a couple more screens.

...very sleepy

edit:- sorry. No time to make a zip- must go a travelllin'. Will post again soon..
Attached images
as1.jpg
as2.jpg
I've made a slight update to the Blackwood texture pack. The main intention here was to put the lighter track together with the other textures, so there's no mucking around with downloading two different zips. Some of the older textures are slightly updated (the tire barrier texture is cleaner now, I removed the graffiti from the main Blackwood ad, as the graffiti shows up of the flags as well), and I included a higher-res track run-off texture (the lattice like texture) which I made for Aston. It's a fairly complete pack now, the other BL textures aren't really worth bothering about as you hardly notice them anyway. I can't say it's entirely worth downloading this stuff again if you already have the older stuff.. but it's there anyway!

happy racing,
Thanks alot Elektrik Kar - that's some trully excellent work you've done there. I recently only downloaded this texture update and it felt as if Blackwood was a brand new track all over again.
#72 - Jakg
Quote from Electrik Kar :I've made a slight update to the Blackwood texture pack. The main intention here was to put the lighter track together with the other textures, so there's no mucking around with downloading two different zips. Some of the older textures are slightly updated (the tire barrier texture is cleaner now, I removed the graffiti from the main Blackwood ad, as the graffiti shows up of the flags as well), and I included a higher-res track run-off texture (the lattice like texture) which I made for Aston. It's a fairly complete pack now, the other BL textures aren't really worth bothering about as you hardly notice them anyway. I can't say it's entirely worth downloading this stuff again if you already have the older stuff.. but it's there anyway!

happy racing,

could you please just make an update version, as i already havemost of the files, but i am using some "special" ones because i prefer them, and with just the "new2 files it would make things much quicker!
Alright. I'll make a smaller zip. But it's getting out of hand doing things this way. It must be confusing, all these little updates. Because it's confusing to me! I really want one or at most two files on the LFS database, not bits and pieces scattered everywhere. Tell you what Jakg- I'll send them to you in a private msg, and I'll do that AMD texture you wanted as well. How about that? Anyone else wanting just a smaller update please private msg me and I'll send you the files.

I know I'm updating this stuff all the time but I need to organise stuff occasionly as well. I'll be making a complete zip for the Aston pack too.

Apologies but I'm torn between two inconveniences.
#74 - Jakg
Quote from Electrik Kar :Alright. I'll make a smaller zip. But it's getting out of hand doing things this way. It must be confusing, all these little updates. Because it's confusing to me! I really want one or at most two files on the LFS database, not bits and pieces scattered everywhere. Tell you what Jakg- I'll send them to you in a private msg, and I'll do that AMD texture you wanted as well. How about that? Anyone else wanting just a smaller update please private msg me and I'll send you the files.

I know I'm updating this stuff all the time but I need to organise stuff occasionly as well. I'll be making a complete zip for the Aston pack too.

Apologies but I'm torn between two inconveniences.

ok - and just for me use something like filefront because im special!
I'll even call the update..

Blackjakg

Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG