The online racing simulator
#1 - Lible
The best LFS site, league, team, application 2006?
As some of you know, we at LFS-Database (actually it's only me from the database and some other guys) are choosing the best LFS site, league, team, application. But I thaught it would be nice if users will decide, not only 4 or 5 men. So, let's hear your opinions!
NOTE: You can choose from here

SITE (Most helpful) :
Team inferno setupfield
LFS-Database
Application:
LFS-Companion
CSR - Carsound remixer

After I've done this big competition I'll take a rest for 2 months. It's so hard to do the interviews and stuff .
Only 2 websites and one of them is your own one?
#3 - SamH
LFS Site:
The Inferno site's setupfield, definitely. I don't often use it, but it's a core resource and almost always has what I need when I get there.

League:
For me it's the STCC, not because it has the best drivers (I think it's generally accepted that it hasn't), or because I'm driving in it (which I do, when I manage to qualify!), or because we sponsor it at UKCT.. but because it's a radical departure from the norm and it's bold and different. So for innovation/original thinking it has to be #1 for me.

Team:
Too subjective, really - naturally I want to say UKCT, but that's not justifiable. I'd have to say Muroc because I feel safe racing against them, that they won't nerf me off my line, and because they're always willing to help me sort out my setup, even when I'm trying my best to beat them. Two strong reasons to vote for them.

Application:
I think, this year, my vote has to go to the CSR. Innovative, ingenious, configurable, community-embracing... outstanding application. I'd be surprised if this didn't run away with this award.
#4 - Vain
Site:
www.lfsnews.net
League:
STCC - for the broadcast
Team:
cyber
Application:
Pitspotter

I'm fully aware that my votes are neither of the available choices.

Vain
LFS Site - Setup Field. Pretty much the only non-official site I visit regularly for LFS stuff.

League - I would like to say STCC, because it's got variety, me commentating (some of the time) and stuff what he said. But in the end I vote for Masters of Endurance, simply because of the additional skills required over the sprint races of most leagues.

Team - Tricky. Mercury and Muroc are up there. 1st too. SCCC isn't half bad. I like T7R. vMax are recovering nicely after a bad middle of the year. I think I'll vote Mercury!

Application - I know it's not new, but I still think Analyse for Speed deserves a mention, because it's stunningly useful. I'm afraid I can vote for something that puts sampled engine sounds in LFS, no matter how cleverly it is acheived.

Person - Could be many many people, but I'd vote for SamH or Bob Smith for there dedication to making LFSForums a better place without the itchy trigger finger so many mods have (coughRSCcough). I know this isn't an option you gave above, but I felt I wanted to vote for an individual. Or in this case a pair.
#6 - Jakg
Site:
Setupfield!
League:
STCC - Yes, im biased, im in it, and doing quite well, BUT its the first league that really was different from the rest with the rigorous stewarding (and the great racing it brings), but also the great broadcasts
Team:
Can't Decide - Dont know enough. My favourite team would be either MG, T7R or (\/) or whatever Murcury call themselves!
Application:
Pitspotter
CSR is good - but it isn't my cup of tea. LFS Companion really just annoys me, i find having someone talk to me distracting!

Mates@Track is good, but it doesnt seem to have "taken off" like i thought it would!
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
For league I would say OLFSL, because it's the most newbie friendly and the hotlap qualifying system provides good fun racing with the people who are close to your level. Pure racing in different classes, and must be the most popular league at the moment. OLFSL also has a great live broadcasting during the races.

For site, I would say Inferno setup field.

Team...can't say really.

Application, CSR even I don't use it.
#8 - axus
Site: LFS-Database, Setupfield - can't pick one over the other, it depends on your nedes
Team: Quite likely, T7R - they're a great friendly bunch of fast racers.
League: I'd say STCC in terms of administration etc. They're doing a cracking job in getting the league "out there". I dream of getting LXCC to that level one day but first, we must get our server issues sorted .
Application: Has to be LFS-stats. That thing is simply awesome.
Person: Todd Wasson. Durr.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Man, these "competitions" are subjective at best, because I don't think you can claim who/what is the best whatever. At any rate, here are my opinions:

Site: Inferno, without a doubt. The first place to go for base setups. What I would like to see changed though, is a classification for setups, whether they are hotlap setups or race setups. I don't do hotlaps, so I generally need setups that can last for more than a few laps. I can adjust the ones I get from there, but it would be good to have a place to re-upload race-length tweaked sets.

Team: Most of you are listing European teams. Understandable, because the LFS is predominately European. However, there are so many great teams out there that I don't think you can choose just one. Naturally, I would say CoRe Racing, because its my team. What makes a great team anyway? Nice people, clean drivers, fast drivers, helpful tutors, great web and LFS server exposure? Yes, but is there a team that has all of these? Doubt it.

Application: Not a favorite here, either. Perhaps the Wrecker Barricade, even though its not really an app. Maybe also LFS Stats.

League: League Of The Americas - Formula V8 Challenge. Lots of great leagues out there, and each successful league admin should be thanked and congratulated for their effort and dedication.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
site: liveforspeed.se (yes, im biased)

league: lxcc, olfsl

team: mercury

application: next years winner!
Site: Team Inferno because they provide a great service to this community. Many people, including me many times, use the setups posted there as start.

Team: XFR because apart of being such a great bunch of guys, the Online Racing School was an awesome boost for so many people, not only noobs.

League: OLFSL and LFS GT, both are awesome. OLFSL more fun and relaxed, LFS GT more serious, but I enjoy a lot both. DTM is very nice too.

Application: The only one I use regularly is spectator to follow my mates in team events, so my vote goes for it.
Quote from banshee56 :What makes a great team anyway? Nice people, clean drivers, fast drivers, helpful tutors, great web and LFS server exposure? Yes, but is there a team that has all of these? Doubt it.

Are you serious?

I can name 10 teams, that have all these things without thinking too much: dsrc, Muroc, Cyber, T7R, vMax, Ocr, FLP, noobs, ZWR (and sccc ). And the list goes on.

My votes:

Site: setupfield

Team: see above, too hard to chose

League: OLFSL

Application: I dont use any, but CSR looks to be the best
Site: lfs-database for me. Setupfield is great, but I tend to get most of my setups from players online.

League: no idea, I'm too new and don't know any!

Team: Redline, just cause there running the best public servers BY FAR and they've helped me with hosting games, and setups etc.

Application: Far and away CSR. Saved LFS for me when I was considering rFactor due to headaches.
SITE (Most helpful) :
Team inferno's setupfield is defenately one good place, if you need a fast setup fast.

Application:
Application is a bit too limiting, I would like to change this to best addon. Simply because there are some great texture packs as well which deserve to be mentioned at least. Still my vote goes to the Becky's LFS companion simply because of the ambitious goal. It is just a shame that Becky had to "cancel" it in the end. The car sound editing that was supposed to be in it would have made it killer.

Team?
I guess every team that has managed to achieve good and friendly atmosphere, and is still alive, deserves to feel proud. Every team that has achieved this is the best team

League:
STCC simply because of the effort put into it. Quality.

Person?
Everyone who is fair racer and thinks before opens his mouth deserves this. And above them, the people who are willing to arrange, organize and run all kinds of free leagues, code free programs and create other special addons should feel special. Your work has not gone unnoticed
Well lets have think about this one, shall we

Application: Well I mainly use the CSR app, but before that Pit spotter and Momo Lights where excellent tools. But if I have to choose 1:

CSR

Team: OMG So many to choose from. I have great races with them all. But if I had to choose one, it would have to be T7R j/k it would have to be:

Ocrana No matter what they do, as a team, or as drivers, they excel inside and outside of LFS.

Site: Well we use our own setup station ( thanks D34n0 ) so don't really visit Team Inferno's anymore, so I will have to go with:

LFS Database

League: Now thats an easy one for me, anyway. The amount of effect all these people put in, and what they do, it has to be:

STCC ( very closely followed by the UXRL )

Person: You are kidding right? How on earth after 4 yrs of racing LFS can I pick just 1 person. Sorry but cannot answer that one, there is just to many. I respect them all. Honestly, thats not a cope out, I truely cannot pick 1 person from everybody I know and respect.
Site (Most helpful) :
LFS World, it has Teh Smapperbox...! And some other things..

Team:
Not cause it's my own team, but after all these years and what has happend... SCCC!
If I had to chose another team?
Hmm.. Can't say, many of my friends are in all sorts and good teams like Cyber, T37, Ocrana, ZT, ... Undefined.
Most of the teams who are here for several years earn a vote.

Application:
CSR

League:
VRL (http://www.vrl-simracing.be/)
The Flemish league!
Site: Setupfield, it means you don´t have to beg or spend hours on a setup to be competetive at a particular combo.

Application: I hardly ever use any, but if I had to pick one it would be Lfs spectator.

Team: Cyber! I No motivation needed there

League: MoE is the one and only league to win to be considered top of the line. I kinda lack bigger leagues at the moment. STCC is a newcomer to the scene. I only heard about it a month of two ago. The rest seems quite at the moment.
SITE - LFSForum

Application - Pitspotter

LEAGUE - STCC & OLFSL

TEAM - Fluid
Here are my votes:

Site: LFSForum - definitive resource for all things LFS in my opinion. The Inferno setup field site has setups, but the forum has all the details on how to use the setups and so much more!

Application: Analyse for Speed - It has helped me greatly in getting good times since I have started using it (which is only recently). Simple and effective.

League: OLFSL - I am biased, and I do not know any of the other leagues because I do not have time to race in more than one. I do like the look of the STCC.

Team: NASSA - I have always had good races against the members of NASSA, so they definately get my vote. Although the Pheonix team comes a close second!

Tim
Site: Setupfield
Leage: STCC, just because the broadcasts are so fun
Team: DSRC, simply because I look forward to racing everytime their servers are populated
Application: Analyze for Speed. Hands down the most useful, ever
Person: Scawen Roberts, Eric Bailey, and Victor Van Vlaardigan
LFS Site:
Team inferno setupfield
Application:
CSR - Carsound remixer
Team:
ATC (Guess I can't vote on my own?) lol
League:
STCC
site is in my signature !
Website - LFS World, it's the pinnacle of websites if you ask me. Even if it was only for the functionality it would win any "competition" by miles.

Application - Pitspotter, this app has already saved a lot of guys from me running into them

League - Masters of Endurance and UXRL, MoE for its professionalism, UXRL for the fun factor.

Team - Fastest team? Cyber Racing. But I like 1ST best
there must a drift team pole too
#25 - Tube
Site : Team inferno setupfield
League: MoE
Team: if I wasn't biased or would need to vote for the 2nd best team, I'd pick Cyber
Application: LFS Spectator Tool

The best LFS site, league, team, application 2006?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG