The online racing simulator
#26 - PCCD
Team: DSR.
Site: Master Skinnerz (Can't use Inferno setups but do use the skinning templates now!)
League: STCC. I really enjoy all the broadcasts and the road-car racing.
Team: [Not had any experience of teams online ]
Application: CSR, without a doubt. Can't get enough of those sounds.
Application: I would like to say CSR, but it really need to place the audio when using an external view. I would have said pit spotter, but these days I do fine without it. I wont say my own LFS Companion, because other than the stats I dont even use it (now there's a headline!) because I no longer compete in league races, I would like to say my new server side management tool, but that isnt out there yet, so instead i'll say Team Speak - because although it's nothing to do with LFS, LFS was silent (well, a hornet in a tin can anyway) before I descovered it.

League: It would really be improper for me to say. Most LFS leagues focus on entertaining the competitor, and i'm not a competitor. I'd like to see leagues promoting themselves more, and from this angle SimFIA is the most active in regards LFS News - but no radio coverage or stream that i've spotted. Other leagues that i've tried to tune into streams of have always failed for me, so I can only go with the league I compete in, as that's the only one I know other than the one I run (which I wont vote for on account of me being the person who runs it), so my vote goes to 360 League.

Website: The most valuable resource that happens to be a website for me is LFS Database, but the web site that has the biggest positive impact on my LFS racing is the Wrecker Barricade - i'm just not sure it should be classified as a web site, so i'll stick with LFS Database.

Team: I couldn't care less. Once the crash helmet is on the gloves are off and your either ahead of me or behind me, other than that, your just a potential problem and I dont care what skin you have. People are individuals, not a brand, so I have no vote/nomination for best team.

Person: If I was to nominate a person in the LFS community who is a big positive contributor, i'd first have to say I wouldn't nominate someone who has become a friend on account of that being a bias, that would rule out the very person i'd vote for, it would also undermine all those other people who deserve a vote but aren't quite as visible.
Results so far (if you chose 2 from one categorie each will get 0,5) (Counted up to post #30) (To get in the list, a thing must have at least 1,5 points)

LFS Site:

Setupfield - 12,5
LFS-Database - 3,5
LFS-World - 2
LFSForum - 3

League
STCC - 9,5
MoE - 5,5
OLFSL - 3,5

Team:

cyber - 3
[noobs]- 2
Mercury - 2

Application
CSR - 9
Pitspotter - 3
LFS-Stats 1,5
LFS Spectator - 2
AFS - 4
LFS Site:
masterskinners, just for the big help they give people doing good skins (allthough german skin depot has some of the best skins out there as well)

League
STCC (plain fact due to organizing an professional aproach, and of course i can't vote for 360°)

Team:
FRAGMASTER (simply of dominating the oval)

Application
LFS-Companion (plain to the fact it has a big potential)
Site : LFS database
Team : Err, I can't vote for OSR so MG.
League : OLFSL
App : LFS Lapper.
Its good to see a couple of unbias people here, shame about the rest voting for themselves.

Site: Any site ive built
Team: All teams ive driven for
League: All leagues ive raced in
Person: ME ME ME!!!
Apps: Havent made one, oh well, look at me anyway!!

Funny how people feel they cant vote for the series they run, but voting for the team they're in is acceptable... just seems rather lame voting for yourself.

Site: LFSForum
Team: Just left Mercury, and still close with them, but wont vote for them cos its more like family to me, i'll vote for those crazy aussies [SCR] as we've had some good racing with them over the years.
League: OLFSL would get it if it wasnt for my experience of finishing 4th one season with a ton of significantly better drivers being behind me cos there points system was a bit backwards then, understand its much better now but havent experienced it, reluctantly i'll give it MoE, though quite why after last weekends disorganised mess i really dont know, but as an event with its aims and what its providing i'd go with MoE and hope the resolve the issues correctly.
App: LFSSpectator is cool, but i'd go with TeamSpeak even though its not LFS related it serves a much needed purpose.
Person: Dont have one, but feel Vykos should get at least a honourable mention for his Jekyll & Hyde actions a couple of weeks back on Scavier after years of servicing them so well.
suggest making polls for the several categories.
Site: Setupfield. It's a must! Whenever you need a good setup to start tweaking you know where you must go

League: LFS-Spain. Yes, I know, it's only available in spanish because it's a spanish community, but i must say that I've never seen another league with that organization, with automatic time detection to create dynamic divisions, with one race per week, and a record of all the statistics of all races you've competed in. If I were you I start learning spanish right now

App: LFSspotter. It's really useful for me, and it makes me forget the loneliness of the racing driver :rally_dri
Site: www.hkracers.com
Team: Hell Knights
League: Any leagues related to Live For Speed
Person: Of Course, the one and only; VipeNess
Apps: LFS Pit Spotter; the best! " it has taught me how close and where people are at "
Site: Setupfield (Inferno)
League: www.liveforspeed.es

That league is the best for me. Good job of the admins to make a great comunity where people run all days to get best times for next events.
imo those votes are a nice idea but dont work because certain pages provide certain features, and almost all do that in a very good way...
So you cant really say which is better. Also, some pages have more publicity than others. (Master Skinnerz is really under rated - only few ppl know it, but it rocks :P ... Other side of the coin: The inferno setup field could be way better, same as the ZT-Gallery [Im working on that tho ])

Same with the teams: The team with the most members will get way more votes
The leagues with most racers will likely get the most votes aswell

I vote anyways...

Best website: lfsworld
league: ESL Pro Series
Friendliest teams: ZT, T7R, SCCC and dSRC
App: LFS Viewer
Quote from banshee56 :
Site: Inferno, without a doubt. The first place to go for base setups. What I would like to see changed though, is a classification for setups, whether they are hotlap setups or race setups. I don't do hotlaps, so I generally need setups that can last for more than a few laps. I can adjust the ones I get from there, but it would be good to have a place to re-upload race-length tweaked sets.

thanks for the votes everyone.

I'd like to point out that there is a search function on the setupfield, with which you can search for keywords (what else? ), entering race or long or similar words will pop up a couple of results.

when uploading a setup, the uploader can decide whether it is a race, a hotlap a drag a drift or a whatever setup, although this is not always used.
You are right that a one button categorisation would be a good feature, but as long as the uploaders don't select the appropriate setup definition this isn't of much use, so the best for you would be to use the search function.

As always, suggestions are welcome, drop a post in our forums or write an email to me (csur at liveforspeed dot hu).

as for my votes:

Site: I don't browse any that much, so I would say the LFS Forum
Team: I would say Muroc, as I race with them in the STCC and they are a nice bunch of guys
League: STCC for the broadcast and the professional approach in rules and stewarding
Person: can't name all of them
Apps: I used lfs spectator recently, but the only really useful app I ever found was the analyser for speed
Quote : The leagues with most racers will likely get the most votes aswell

Although currently the league leading that vote has one of the lowest memberships of any LFS league...

/end smugness!

Are we far enough into the post to start meandering off topic? It is the second page afterall...

In all honesty though, it is a very subjective thing for the reasons you mention, for the most part. I can't rate the ESL, for instance, because I know next to nothing about it. I've never driven in it, and dont suppose i'll ever get the time too either. Like (almost) all leagues they've no spectator orientation, so 'best league' is a very subjective thing.

STCC is benefiting hugely from being the only spectator driven league in LFS at the moment, but maybe in a few years that'll be a very different scenario. It's perhaps a little unfair for regular leagues to be competing against it in a poll such as this, perhaps it should be stood next to GPV? But that of course doesn't broadcast in English, or vice versa.

The LFS Radio Stations and continued development of the various streaming methods, and maybe with a few easter eggs from Scawen in the future, LFS might become less about online arrive & crashing and more about top flight motor sports. Until then, a 'best league' vote is all about numbers, and STCC has several thousand of course ... because as spectators, you're all a part of it.
Site: Inferno
Team: Core, too damn fast!
League: LOTA
App: LFS Stats
okay why isn't it allowed to vote for his own team? it's a kind of patriotic aproach. if i am a patriotic austian and you ask me what's the best country in the world, i*ll probably say Austria, and not Germany or Spain (just examples).

but if i am not allowed to vote for my own team, i revote for Eagle Racing, ZWR and NOOBS

voting for my own league is something different, because i am organizing it, so voting for it would be something like drinking my own juces...

cheers
It isnt 'not allowed' but it just seems rather wrong and pathetic IMO.

It'd just turn into a 'which team has the most members lame enough to vote for themself' contest, and as daft as the actual poll is anyway, it wouldnt be a popularity contest, it wouldnt be judged on how good you were, it'd be judged on how many of the same team voted for themselves and possibly picked up a public vote along the way.

Its all a big popularity contest rather than any feasable judge on best of catagory, and personally people that vote for themself on any vote just make me rather ill, theres something slimey about it that normally only solicitors/lawyers would do, something odd about not being able to look beyond yourself when really thats what your being asked to do.

Thats just me though, but apprently we have plenty of people practicing law in this thread
#48 - SamH
I can't vote for my own team for two reasons.. 1) because I'm basically the head-honcho in most respects and voting for YOURSELF is just not the done thing, and 2) because our team is probably the crappest LFS team going
Site: LFS Forum.
Team: dSRC !
Application: Analyze For Speed.
Quote from SamH :2) because our team is probably the crappest LFS team going

I guess, Paul loves you now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG