The online racing simulator
check out this... lap 1 wheel on the grass in the 2nd chicane (the full speed one that often gets you on the grass) at AS club in UFR i think my rear wheel touches the grass just slightly and sends me off the track...it was fun getting caught out like that, often can get on the grass there perfectly fine but this time it just seemed to "catch" weird...
Attached files
eek crash.mpr - 789.7 KB - 182 views
lol good video. its almost as if the rear of the car kept going forward and the front of it just went left for some strange reason instead of the whole car moving at the same time across to the other side of the road to allow you to correct yourself and carry on along the tarmac. but to see you go all the way across the grass and over the wall was not realistic IMHO
Quote from PLAYLIFE :That's a perfect example of personal opinion and speculative generalisation.

FYI: Westhill International is the 5th most used configuration in driven kilometers. (Source: www.lfsworld.net)

That's only because 1 lap of Westhill is about 6 or 7 times longer than any other circuit!
It's only 3.2 miles long.
6 or 7 times would mean the other tracks are only 0.5 miles long ??
Quote from daveb948576 :lol good video. its almost as if the rear of the car kept going forward and the front of it just went left for some strange reason instead of the whole car moving at the same time across to the other side of the road to allow you to correct yourself and carry on along the tarmac. but to see you go all the way across the grass and over the wall was not realistic IMHO

actually i thought it was spot on, well until the mini gets over the concrete wall then it goes a bit crazy.

my rear wheel was under load and when it hit the grass my car was severely unbalanced by it losing traction at the back and at speeds i was unable to correct for. i had full throttle too as i never expected it to launch to the left like that. i think having full throttle and the wheel under huge load in that chicane cause the car to lose it.

once im on the big body of grass, all i can do is slide the car sideways to try and reduce speed but if you look closely it gets airborn at a little rut and then flips over.

what does everyone else think, looks realistic to you?
i love westhill, probably my favorite track in lfs. i think the grass is fine, no need to make any changes. currently at a 2'00'26 in a XRT.
I don't think Westhill needs any more kerbs.

What it does need is a national config

It's the best track for the GTRs IMO.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from David Wilson :That's only because 1 lap of Westhill is about 6 or 7 times longer than any other circuit!

That's a perfect example of bad estimating skills and stating a bad judgement call as fact.

FYI: Westhill International is the 6th most used configuration in driven laps. (Source: www.lfsworld.net)

Thus, your logic flawed and so is the "Westhill is about 6 or 7 times longer than any other circuit!"
It is probably that far up because before April, you'd see the FO8 nowhere but on Oval and Westhill... Now that they took the teeth out of the FO8, replaced it with the BF1 as the most powerful car, which has TC that makes it easy to drive as well, both the car and the track are slowly rotting only to be used occasionally in leagues... A shame really...
Quote from bbman :...and the track are slowly rotting only to be used occasionally in leagues... A shame really...

The track definitely isn't rotting away. I'm on Westhill very very frequently, it's my 2nd most laps done in LFS.

There isn't much out there available for us GTR guys, unless you want to hotlap by yourself. Actually, most of LFS is rotting away in the US, other than the drift servers and Aston National, if you want to think in those terms.
that's a pity....

i'll try and get online this weekend for some racing, Mike, it's been a while.

...and what the heck is going on with the Steelers . a friend of mine brought back a Superbowl pendant from the States last week for me, but i'm almost to scared to hang it up .
Quote from Bugle :ahaha
What next, remove the walls in South City?

Back in F1 GP2 days, somebody did a 'no walls' version of Monaco
Quote from Dan Hot :that's a pity....

i'll try and get online this weekend for some racing, Mike, it's been a while.

...and what the heck is going on with the Steelers . a friend of mine brought back a Superbowl pendant from the States last week for me, but i'm almost to scared to hang it up .

Hey hey Dan, haven't seen ya in a while. Eh, who cares about the Steelers and Am. football. Hockey is where it's at in western Pa now. Sheesh, you ought to see Crosby and Malkin together, wow. Eckman was put on the first line with them last night and broke the francise record for fastest natural hattrick (3 goals straight in 4 minutes 10 seconds). The only thing I don't like about hockey is I don't have any time to race anymore. I'm planted in front of the TV now watching hockey. Gone are the days of racing nightly to watch the Penguins!
Quote from bbman :It is probably that far up because before April, you'd see the FO8 nowhere but on Oval and Westhill... Now that they took the teeth out of the FO8, replaced it with the BF1 as the most powerful car, which has TC that makes it easy to drive as well, both the car and the track are slowly rotting only to be used occasionally in leagues... A shame really...

That's pure speculation. You got no proof whatsoever
it first i didnt like westhill, now i really like it, just i hate the last corner.
Quote from Captain Slow :it first i didnt like westhill, now i really like it, just i hate the last corner.

Believe me, you'll grow to love the more difficult corners due to the challenge they provide
About the grass. It's true that it CAN be annoying, but I mean... there's a limit between "on track" and "off track" every track you race. There's no curbs at some points? Ya... so what? There are some areas of the track where it doesn't even matter if you hit the grass (like after the chicane, last turn coming on the straight, if you hit the grass, you lose almost no time and the dirt is gone before you get to the left turn.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG