The online racing simulator
#26 - Espi
Quote from daveb948576 :why do i always find the grass i have about 1 good lap per every 10 laps not good. but the track is superb, loose the grass please. what do you lot think? have a vote or something.

You just have to wait for XF Lawnmower
Needs kerbs where they don't exists and bigger kerbs where they do exist
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Never really been a fan of Westhill, it's quite uninspiring to me, but I certainly wouldn't say the grass is a problem. I think IRL the second right hander would certainly have a kerb on the outside though, just because the grass wouldn't be there long, and people would keep dragging mud and dirt onto the road.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's the only corner where it's an issue anyway IMO. I imagine it will get a kerb one day. It would be nice to have one on the entry too (suppose it would be necessary for the reverse config). I'm always putting wheels on the grass before I even reach that corner from trying to line it up properly after the previous long left.

Yeah, I tend to do that also...
ahaha
What next, remove the walls in South City?
Quote from Bugle :ahaha
What next, remove the walls in South City?

yeah that would be frigging awesome and a blast to drive

no westhill is good as it is exept the second righthander
NOOOO, that's the charm of Westhill, don't take it away or it'll be completely dull...
It's great with the grass, it shouldn't get a kerb :P
Quote from Yaamboo :It's great with the grass, it shouldn't get a kerb :P

Heh, agreed, it makes it a bit more dicey, which is a good thing. I was just pointing out that IRL, there would be at least one kerb on the outside of that corner, almost undoubtedly.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's the only corner where it's an issue anyway IMO. I imagine it will get a kerb one day. It would be nice to have one on the entry too (suppose it would be necessary for the reverse config). I'm always putting wheels on the grass before I even reach that corner from trying to line it up properly after the previous long left.

Same here :S
#36 - VoiD
Raced a few 10-lappers with the XFR today for the very first time.

Man, this is so much fun. Did a total of 42 laps on this combo and I´m 3,3 seconds slower than WR, but who cares..?

Maybe you should start with the slower cars to get a feeling about the flow...
Ooh ooh I know....

its fine lern 2 play

Seriously though, what would there be if you took out the grass? Mud? I don't think Westhill needs any more curbing; I like it how it is. One of my favorite tracks really. I wouldn't mind if it had another config or something though... What car are you having trouble with there? Have you watched any good replays to see what the best lines are? I mean, if you're hitting the grass, I don't think you're on the right line (or you're just pushing too hard).
I think westhill need a few more layouts maybe? it must be about the most unpopular track
I'd like a Westhill Ostschleife...
Quote from RaVeR :I think westhill need a few more layouts maybe? it must be about the most unpopular track

That's a perfect example of personal opinion and speculative generalisation.

FYI: Westhill International is the 5th most used configuration in driven kilometers. (Source: www.lfsworld.net)
Actually the best thing about westhill is that it has only one configuration. You don't need to remember which way to turn, as the track remains the same all the time.
Quote from Yaamboo :Actually the best thing about westhill is that it has only one configuration. You don't need to remember which way to turn, as the track remains the same all the time.

Please tell me you are not thinking every lap which way you need to turn If you do that you can forget about kwick laptimes.

I think it as a problem more for beginners than for regular drivers.
Ok, that was a bit stupid comment
Not a stupid comment at all. You know how many laps I have at Aston National? Many. Imagine what happens at the race start if I join in on Aston Club (not many laps) with T1 being halfway down the AS Nat front stretch. Yea, I noob the T1 corner quite a bit, oops. It only takes once for me though, then I remember, hehe.
yeah, my 1st time on a new config, and i might make a wrong turn. this is most noticable on south city.
ok you try to ive me tips like im a noob i learnt the slow in fast out rule when i was a kid at brands hatch im 23 now.

the grass is ok it looks pretty but if one! tyre has a very small amount of contact with the grass the whole car spins round. now to me (and i have seen a few cars and bikes go around tracks) they dont do that all that happens is they slow down kick up some dust straghten up and drive off again making sure the path is clear first. but never do they spin around in circles seven times and hit a wall illepall there needs to be an improvement in grip when making contact with grass.

i have 1.39.xx round westhill in the FXR
Westhill is an EXTREMELY fast track. I'm running full throttle only downshifting to 5th with a quick touch of the brakes for every corner but the quick left/right combo and final corner where I am braking hard in these 2 only. The tire chicane, I am giving a bit harder stab than the other fast corners, but still going through there in 4th full throttle at about 120+ mph. If you dip into the grass at these speeds, yes you will spin out and spin and spin and spin. FWIW, I no longer spin when I hit the grass. You have to know when you are about to touch off the track and get off the throttle and get your wheel pointing straight. Then you can ease it back onto the track without spinning. I've been running Westhill a lot lately in the FZR. Finally broke into the mid 1:31's last night. I ran off the track many times in my quest to finally smash out a PB after being in a rut and stuck at 1:32. I didn't spin out at all due to hitting the grass. I let off the throttle and got my wheels straight and stablized before I attempted to get back on the track. This is both around the first left hander and the 2nd right hander where there is no curb. It can be done without spinning.

In fact, as soon as I'm done reading some things in the forum, I'm heading out to hopefully see some folks at Westhill. I've got 800+ laps there now.
i was in aston a minute ago one (of the tracks i dont know what it was called i havent been on all of them) there was about 5 people in all through out the whole night, two of us where having some really good races both kept getting new pb's i loved it so its looks like im going back there tomorow. im not saying which server as i will probably get surrounded by noobs from the forums lol

i think it may be the fact that i may get a bit stressed when i go to some servers where there is above 5 people, to think about there positions but i can race with a few people but its some that make the silly mistakes and tap you into someone else and it can get frustrating.
Having driven at Road America in Wisconsin in real life, Westhill is the closest track to a real track, like the aforementioned. Its....its just a great feeling to drive on Westhill. It is challenging, but relaxing. And put a FOX on it and you lift off the throttle, what, maybe 2 times?

And I cant complain about the grass, because it keeps you far away from the barriers, so you can burn off speed before you smack them.
WE = w/e

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG