The online racing simulator

Poll : hotlaps

yes i upload hotlaps if i have a good laptime
no i dont bother to even if i beat the wr
i only upload if its very close to the wr
hotlaps? whats these?
I must be blind, can someone please tell me where to click to upload hotlaps? thanks..
#52 - joen
Quote from ZeroIndex :I must be blind, can someone please tell me where to click to upload hotlaps? thanks..

On lfsworld.net click on the s2 hotlaps icon. Then go to hotlap charts, look in the bottom right corner.
Quote from joen :On lfsworld.net click on the s2 hotlaps icon. Then go to hotlap charts, look in the bottom right corner.

thanks
how many laps do you have to do to get it on lfsworld?

thanks!
#55 - Goop
I'll only hotlap if I need to qualify for league races. I find it painful and annoying; i'd rather just race :cyclops: I didn't vote, none of the options apply.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :how many laps do you have to do to get it on lfsworld?

thanks!

1 lap is enough. But you have to drive clean, to be allowed to submit a hotlap. You can see the hotlap time, if any legal, up in the rigth corner.
The time will be inside the paranteses - Again, if you have got any legal one
I choose first option, because i learn tracks (and cars) by hotlaping.

I have also seen people drive WR online (clean laps) and made a hotlap after that (5-10 min gap illepall), and it was posted. It took him 4 laps online to beat WR (my expiriance with "Alles").
I usually only upload hotlaps when they are needed for a league (qualifying) or when it's a WR
well. i have tried to do hotlapping. ive uploaded about 20 hotlaps in the XFR to get "a rank" i had no idea what id get or where id be but i sure as hell knew it wouldnt be fast. i dont even try for the WR, i just try to get under the benchmark time. I cant do setups, i download those off inferno then try and match that time. I often get Flotch's setup, then i find flotches WR then i watch the replay, then i try and do the same thing.

hotlapping taught me to drive the car properly, i could drive before i did the hotlaps, but watching the replays and really finding the sweetest line on the track improved my races there so much.

You need to add an option to the poll: I upload hotlaps because noone is online.
#60 - lyd
Quote from richy :I often get Flotch's setup, then i find flotches WR then i watch the replay, then i try and do the same thing.

I have never tried hotlapping, I'm still too busy trying to learn to drive and setup the car in lfs, but I have downloaded a few hotlap replays and setups to help me figure these things out.

Thing is, I wound up more confused than when I started. Locked diffs? Four-wheel drifting on corner exits? Cutting corners over huge curbs and flipping the car up on two wheels?

Does anyone really drive like this in races?

I wasn't sure what to make of it all.

lyd
There are tracks in real life where the fastest way through them is to cut a corner so that the car goes on 2 wheels momentarily, it may not be as spectacular as in LFS but does happen to some extent. In BTCC I saw the whole field do this over the whole race during the entire race length (sorry, can't remember the track though).

I don't bother with hotlapping for combos I'm not fast at. Good thing that I'm only fast on one combo, leaves me time to get even better The main reason I don't hotlap however is is because it's so incredibly boring and monotonous that i can't keep concentrating for more than a couple of laps. I cringe at online hotlappers.
im not really sure about the setups, ive had a little try and tinkered with my own setups but i cant get my head round it. i use others setups who really know about mechanics and physics, im such a noob hehe. i think it allows me to actually have more fun racing and get better hot laps than if i made my own sets, i would be so damn slow otherwise. im not fast now even with other peoples setups, much slower, but i would be worse off if i did setups too. slowly over time i am picking things up, learning more about lines, braking, and techniques to get the best corner exiting speeds you can, which in racing has helped me to really tuck up behind others cars and make passes down the straights instead of risking corner moves that i think would be unsafe i now know how to get the best exit from said corner and make a safer move later on in the race.

learning from a hotlap, then taking it to a race track and adapting it to suit cars around you, on the track etc is definately advantageous. theres no point just following the car ahead of you, he might make mistakes and take different lines. you need to go find the line from hotlapping IMO and then take it to the races.
When I get done with work late at night and can't be bothered to race online I spend 20-30 minutes working on hotlaps. If you keep plugging away at a single track/car combo its amazing how you can find how to cut off seconds. And I'm horrible at racing. And I only have a gamepad. I love hotlaps, especially because if someone is faster than you you can see it and download his lap and compare. Good feature.
I wouldn't bother with hotlaps if they weren't required for the Hungarian league even though I can get good times if I really try. I also lack the experience in racing and can't drive consistently.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG