The online racing simulator
#26 - Jakg
they are good servers, just with an over-zealous admin (fair though!), she bans quick, and people come here who've been banned "for no reason" when they have actually been an ass, and Redline gets a bad reputation
Adminning a server quite strictly myself i've found a similar thing. I've been acused of banning for no reason, but when I check the replays or recall events they've been banned for something that they dont even realise is offensive. It's more a reflection on low standards, and the fact that they can get away with it elsewhere/when an admin isnt about, than it is on the server admin.
Quote from George Kuyumji :I also like Racing on the Redline Server. Theres always the thought of Huttu or other Aliens showing up I hope the FOX-BLGP Combo does stay, it's challenging to drive and good Races can happen there

PS: Hello Dik

I'd like to point out that Redline racing servers have nothing to do with www.teamredline.co.uk .
MY friend and I pretty much always go on the redline server on BL/FOX...

We've not had the game long (less than a month) and i'm already hitting 1.09's, and i can say thanks to the top drivers in that server as they actually listen to your queries and help you out !!

I haven't had that kind of help anywhere else yet, another point is that wreckers or bad drivers are dealt with properly, thus the reason that everyone is polite, mainly, although i whine a lot about being bashed at turn 1
I've had some good experiences on the Redline Racing server, but I just can't stand driving BL anymore and the formulas remain cars that are fun for a little challenge every once in awhile, not all the time (imo). However, it remains a great server because it always seems to be up and it always has lots of people driving! I just wish we were able to have several servers of its kind that each has its own combo types.

Anyhow, the best races I've ever had were on the dSRC and DSR servers, hands down. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the dSRC server up in quite awhile, so I've kinda adopted DSR as the daily server. Only wish we had some more competition, sometimes .
Hmmm at the moment I see 5 dSRC servers up + dSRC Training Grounds so I guess they're ok and have been ok

Maybe they have been just empty atm you were looking or some of them could be sometimes Private ( at least for a while ) forexample in case of team events etc...

Edit: And you can always ask Tiny or somebody else @ dSRC for more info I quess
Yeah, redline got a bad reputation, I went there a couple of times.
It wasn't really all that totalitarian there, but I really don't care for the FOX all
that much.

But Digiserve? There's alot of fast people there, but it's really laid back
and alot of fun.
Quote from DrDNA :Anyhow, the best races I've ever had were on the dSRC and DSR servers, hands down. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the dSRC server up in quite awhile, so I've kinda adopted DSR as the daily server. Only wish we had some more competition, sometimes .

Our servers are up 24/7 Always have been, always will be if it's within my powers to make sure.

[dSRC] Battle Grounds #1 runs the combos for our Midweek Challenge Cup races that are open to all. no signup needed. Feel free to join and train for the following week's race. Next week, Nov. 8, we're running WE1R with FOX. More info here.

#2 - 4 run various tracks and combos and on occasion are loaned out for other events if needed.

#5 is an S1 server to help encourage S1 drivers to come back to the LFS community... and last but not least the dSRC Training Grounds is hosted by Bladerunner for his daughter and others just starting out in lfs to train on.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Thanks for the good comments guys glad you are enjoying our servers we try our best to keep the racing clean and fair but you cant ever please everyone ohwell cya on track

P.S Alwight Rooble im behavin dont worry
I enjoyed the redline servers... until one of the redline admins started cussing and causing a big scene when it was his fault in the first place and then proceeded to kick people he felt like kicking. But other than that I enjoyed the servers =P
#36 - Goop
cheers redline, great to have well populated and mantained servers

Maybe you guys could start a community suggestion thread for just one of the servers, to mix things up a bit.
Quote from tinyk :Our servers are up 24/7 Always have been, always will be if it's within my powers to make sure.

Sorry, I meant 'up' as in populated with other drivers . I set LFS to not display empty servers and more often than not I don't see any of yours displayed. But you already let me know that most members live in the UK and Europe, so it's just a timezone thang. That said, I've had lots of fun races there in the past and, after racing there for an hour or so last night, should go back more often .
Good idea goop may have to look into that one
#39 - 3MtY
I didnt seen any other thread from RR servers. I just raced there, then amp88 i think clamed i hit his back. ok fine, said sorry and all. And now im banned ? Can i ask why
Quote from 3MtY :I didnt seen any other thread from RR servers. I just raced there, then amp88 i think clamed i hit his back. ok fine, said sorry and all. And now im banned ? Can i ask why

I've just checked the replay from that race and established your racer name is C. Lopez. For the benefit of the members of the forum I've made a small slideshow as an explanation of the incident. Firstly, you braked far too late for turn one with dirty tyres and locked up all four wheels (Image 1). You then kept your foot on the brakes (all four wheels still locked up) and headed towards my car (although since you weren't in control at this time I'm not suggesting you intentionally aimed for my car (Image 2)). You ended up hitting my car (Image 3) with enough force to flip your car (Image 4, Image 5). I told you to read the rules of the server (Image 6) and rather than reading the rules you tried to claim innocence and denied hitting me in the first place (Image 7). You eventually apologised (somewhat reluctantly) but you didn't read the rules (which was the intention of me asking you to, funnily enough). The fact that you would crash into my car and then 1 minute later claim you didn't do it is effectively lying to a member of the admin staff. In the future if you come back to Redline I won't be able to trust what you say, as I'm able to with some of the long-term members. Your credibility will (rightly so) be in tatters. Everyone makes mistakes, but in the rules of the server we expect racers to apologise for causing accidents. I did not ban you from the server.
#41 - 3MtY
Yea thats me!
#43 - 3MtY
Ok lemme tell you my view.

It starts like yours, i didnt holded in control. Locked wheels and etc. Since i whas going sideway's and didnt really looked were i whas going, i thought i hitted the curbs and that made me flip. And since i didnt saw any stopped yellow dot around my crash. I suspected i hitted no-one and i didnt said no. Then i went to pits, and after the First split you said, i need to read the rules. So what made u took so long to say that ? I replied with, "what did i do" Since at that moment i just was racing in a straight lane "alone". Then u kept going on. So i pitted again, and then u said i hitted u. After that minute what u said. And then i said sorry, since i just didnt had a clue why u said read rules and that i hitted you.
Quote from 3MtY :Ok lemme tell you my view.

It starts like yours, i didnt holded in control. Locked wheels and etc. Since i whas going sideway's and didnt really looked were i whas going, i thought i hitted the curbs and that made me flip. And since i didnt saw any stopped yellow dot around my crash. I suspected i hitted no-one and i didnt said no. Then i went to pits, and after the First split you said, i need to read the rules. So what made u took so long to say that ? I replied with, "what did i do" Since at that moment i just was racing in a straight lane "alone". Then u kept going on. So i pitted again, and then u said i hitted u. After that minute what u said. And then i said sorry, since i just didnt had a clue why u said read rules and that i hitted you.

How can you suspect you hit no one when there is a picture clearly showing you running into amp88!!!! Crazy
Quote from ebola :How can you suspect you hit no one when there is a picture clearly showing you running into amp88!!!! Crazy

He thought this during the race o_O not now ...
3MtY right firstly amp doesnt need to have a reason to ban you. If he thinks that you are going to make the racing on our servers bad he will ban you. Secondly how can you argue amp has taken the time to show you how stupid you were and how can you argue when he has shown everyone 7 pictures of your bad driving!! (good idea btw amp )
Er....I'd just like to put in that I drove in the Redline SO Sprint server for the bulk of yesterday and had nothing but fun. Thanks to the friendly advice I dropped 3.5 seconds off my lap time.
#48 - 3MtY
Oh god, why you guys who werent in this race discuss.. And give the points to one of the admins ? Scared that he will kick you. LIKE I SAID i didnt know, and all the yellow dots went racing on.

Second i never said that AMP banned me, i just said i got banned. And like said, i lost control, that can happen to everyone tombarlin.

And to ebola. i was flying in the "hit" I dont know how you look around if there is another one involved. I looked to the yellow dots and no1 whas stoped.
I knew it was gonna come down to 'someone from Redline banned me'.

It's their server, it's their perogative.

I don't always like racing with the FOX (I personally think the V8 rules - but no racers ), but the racing is always populated, close, exciting, friendly, and most of all, fun. If you ever talk to the admins, or just listen to them, you can see how they justify their decisions. If you don't like it, talk to them directly, in a civil manner - instead of coming onto a public forum, and trying to tear into them.

Doesn't make much sense does it.

Besides, there are plenty of other servers out there. Plenty that offer the same combination in fact. So now you've no reason to complain!
#50 - 3MtY
Well if u can say me their contact details.. Since i couldnt find any site..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG