The online racing simulator
Redline Race Server (They got something there.)
Yes... It's yet another post about the Redline servers.

I was out there yesterday. South City Sprint 1 in the FOX. I had just come from another server running the same combo.

The other server was full with the fastest drivers putting in even 47s as a rule. Slower drivers were average. All drivers were what I would consider good to excellent online racers. It came to my attention that SoSprint 1 might not be the best place to run FOX races. It's just too tight and any speed differential leads to disaster. It wasn't just a turn one disaster, there was mayhem at every corner, every lap. No one was being an idiot specifically, it's just crazy tight there. No room for error when racing nose to tail.

So I head over to Redline with some trepidation, I must admit. I've heard about people being banned for saying the wrong thing. I fear making the wrong gesture there. But I went anyway. The field was slighty smaller, 12 to 17 driver per race. But still the same tight, unforgiving combo that SoSprint1/FOX really is. Still nose to tail with the quick drivers doing slightly higher times. 47.3-5x laps. The odd high 46. Something was quite different about the racing there.

Hmmm...

How do I say this...

I was sitting in my bedroom, at my desk, looking at my computer screen. The images on my screen were exactly the same as the last server with the exception of a few skins. Still, I'm staring at a little TV.

I felt this overwhelming sense of respect. Some of it simply for the rules, trying to avoid a ban. Some of it for other drivers on the whole, and some of it for the combo itself. I started out with the former. Quickly learned it and earned of the rest of the field, And practiced the latter at all times.

There were so few incidents on that server that it was remarkable. Hence, this post. Make no mistake. I'm writing this for a reason. It was clean, clean, clean! Everyone running nose to tail. Braking ever so slightly early. Being ever so cautious not to bump or spin in a corner. Waiting for traffic when rejoining. Watching the map, watching their mirrors. Saying please and thank you and hello, and well done.

I noticed a group of drivers that were doing what, I have for a long time believed, should be common practice - not attacking at L1/T1. I don't mean no passing. Sometimes someone may make a mistake or get off slowly, but just no aggressive maneuvers. Respect for your starting position. You are starting 4th because you qualified 4th. (ie. Final position in last race.) Have respect for the driver who earned third, and so on. Hold your position and ensure the race get's off to a healthy start. Then it will be a rewarding race. Rather than a frustrating one.

Anyway...

Comments were made about what an amazing situation the Redline server was. Clean was the order of the day. Races were won and lost. Everyone ran like heros and had a great time.

Whatever it is they are doing at Redline, whether it be strict or otherwise, it's working.

I had league style races on a public server. Yay!

(More combos would be nice.)
#2 - TiJay
I've raced GTRs at Redline quite a bit and it's some of the best racing I've seen.
Agree with topic starter.

Redline Racing have gotten a relatively bad rep after those silly posts some months ago, but I raced there last week. Were a blast.
One thing I can't stand is the servers with those horrible spam addons "COLISION DEDECTION: WARNING" etc. it's just plain horrible, and I think that at least the other Redline server have that, or atleast had last night. I just couln't race because of it, and didn't want to block messages if my teammate wanted to say something, just awful in that way, but racing had potential to be good. Really can't see what's the bad fuss about them.
Quote from Blackout :One thing I can't stand is the servers with those horrible spam addons "COLISION DEDECTION: WARNING" etc. it's just plain horrible, and I think that at least the other Redline server have that, or atleast had last night. I just couln't race because of it, and didn't want to block messages if my teammate wanted to say something, just awful in that way, but racing had potential to be good. Really can't see what's the bad fuss about them.

Yes this is one of the reasons why I don't like to race there. If they turned that off it would attract even more users I think. The split times are fine, but the other announcements are just annoying.

And yeah, before... they had a bad reputation from having some unfair administration I suppose. If it is better, I could likely give it a shot. But I typically do not like the FOX on their servers. They really need to try other things (if not already doing so).
Well, I were there for a few races after my last post. Positive thing was that the spam-program was turned off on the FOX/SO sprint 1 combo (because the walls maybe?) but can't say the racing was anything you could call special or better than enywhere. I think it's about luck and what time you race and on some accesions about the server, sunday mornings at dsrs server has proven very nice experience. The kids are still sleeping, good nice admins, and most importantly good racers
I found the Redline server back in mid July. Before that I'd never really been online much. Between then and now I have raced on there a hell of a lot, for me at least. The team members are good racers, and racing there is always fun. Following the leaders helps improve my PBs too!

Yes, newbies can cause problems. But if you have a brain and are a good racer, and have just joined at the back of the grid, you know you might have to avoid them. It's simple - do that, get to the finish, and for the next race you'll start in front of them.

I was quite surprised when I saw the posts here because I have never been banned or had any problems. Funny that.
Quote from Blackout :sunday mornings at dsrs server has proven very nice experience. The kids are still sleeping, good nice admins, and most importantly good racers

[DSR]s server? Or dSRC?? Both are fun to race at. But likewise, dSRC is at our level of competition, so I tend to find places that have better drivers. Redline doesn't always have a large group of really good drivers, so I tend to stay away from it... Our Mercury server fills up occassionally, and we've had some good racing on there when a good combo is in use
I think S1 / Fox is a great combo, personally.
But what you've observed is good to hear.

There are good FAST RACERS and there are people who can go fast.
The former are skilled, and understand the big picture. And, for that matter, probably enjoy themselves a lot more on a given day.

The only thing worse than being rammed off the track by a noob, is being rammed off the track by a hothead who thinks his birthright is whatever part of the track the person in front of him occupies.

Anyway, I've never had any negative experience at the server in question, and it's good to read your impressions.
Quote from Tweaker :[DSR]s server? Or dSRC?? Both are fun to race at. But likewise, dSRC is at our level of competition, so I tend to find places that have better drivers. Redline doesn't always have a large group of really good drivers, so I tend to stay away from it... Our Mercury server fills up occassionally, and we've had some good racing on there when a good combo is in use

Ummm...it gets filled with aliens and Tiny is hosting it, Im not good with names, but I remember the tag when I see it, dSRC that is I think. But I've noticed that it either late nights or early mornings, and weird unpopular combos which usually bring the best racing and racers together. For example, I just came from LX4 at Westhill combo, and had a great few races, perfectly clean fights Was fun, shame it's so unpopular car that there is hardly any racers to make a proper race.
Quote from andy29 :I found the Redline server back in mid July. Before that I'd never really been online much. Between then and now I have raced on there a hell of a lot, for me at least. The team members are good racers, and racing there is always fun. Following the leaders helps improve my PBs too!

I was quite surprised because when I saw the posts here because I have never been banned or had any problems. Funny that.

Exactly the same experience for me as well. Only servers im ever really on. I tried out this combo for the 1st time the other night, really close racing, but fair.
I read all the hype about Redline Racing servers, and when I got S2 I went on there...any publicity is good publicity

ande I never found any problems, quite the oposite, the servers were brillaint..I didnt see any unnessacery banning like people said, I often saw admins leaving races to watch replays of a crash to see who was to blame then who ever was to blame would then say sorry.

I dont go on anything but Redline Racing servers, as the close racing is brilliant.

Well Done RR!
I also race on redline quite often, mainly because of the numbers of people racing there (even through i suck big time :S). I have seen what I would say unnessacery banning on one occasion, but the rest of the time its been quite pleasent, and most of the rules make sense (I hate people who wreck after the race, since I usualy just keep on trucking).

Just wondering how often the tracks change? I know blackwood is proberly here to stay, but when will south city server change tracks?

fd
I'm a member of team Redline and an admin on Redline servers and I must say this topic is fantastic (thanks to the starter and contributers). I'm sure the other team members will appreciate this if/when they see it too. We all try to encourage an atmosphere of professional racing with an emphasis on enjoyment and do our best to keep crashing to a minimum (but as with all racing there's always the possibility). The SO Sprint 1 / FOX combo seems to be really popular (thanks to EVO ) and I've had quite a few good, close, clean races there myself in the last couple of days. Glad you guys are enjoying racing with Redline.
"Glad you guys are enjoying racing with Redline"

Yup ... we are indeed.

And dsRC .... as everybody knows ( or should know ) ... Class A1 servers
and racers
I personally love the redline servers I usually make at least one stop there... This is due to the fact of the great racing and that they are a FOX server... I just love the FOX takes real skill to be fast in those (skill I don't have )...
The South City sprint1/fox redline server has had some brilliant races. Of course there are mishaps....some caused by me...but the RACING has been absolutely breathtaking at times. Courteous and respectful, fast folk helping those asking for hints/setups, folk leaving each other enough room.. 3 wide into the 180 isnt unusual.... and what is unusual is that all 3 (usually)come out the other side=). So I'd like to add my thanks to Redline..and to all the racers who have made it all such adrenaline filled FUN.
I also like Racing on the Redline Server. Theres always the thought of Huttu or other Aliens showing up I hope the FOX-BLGP Combo does stay, it's challenging to drive and good Races can happen there

PS: Hello Dik
At the end of the day the people are the same, S2 licensed drivers run on all the servers whether they are actively adminned or not. When you see lots of posts on the forum about activity that is happening on a server it is invariably a reflection on the community more than it is a reflection on the server.
I wish Long life to Redliners ...and their...sweet "Chief"
Good to see Redline servers doing well , i think becky got it right "When you see lots of posts on the forum about activity that is happening on a server it is invariably a reflection on the community more than it is a reflection on the server"

Damn right
Its good to see Redline Racing get the credit they deserve for being a decent server. I myself no longer race there and haven't since the whole drama caused a few weeks/months ago with bans and what not. I remember having a small disagreement with Evo, whom i still respect but i feel if i had stayed there any longer it would of gone the other way.

Anyway - Hello to all the Redline team - i hope Barlingo is behaving
I have very good news to EVO.
Plz tell her to contact me quickly on MSN
Some good racing on redline, but I agree with blackout, too much extra spam in the top left corner
Nothing like a little controversy to make you famous.
I join the Redline servers fairly regularly, and the racers there are usually of a very high standard. I very rarely see anyone who doesn't know what they're doing or who is just out to cause trouble.
Likewise I've never had any problems with the server admins, which may or may not be down to good luck on my part.

I was pleased to see them expanding from just running BLGP/FOX, although I'd like to see the same quality of players in different cars as well as different tracks. Maybe that's something we'll see in the future

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG