The online racing simulator
Gave it a go this morning just to see if it actually works.

-Megaupload seemed to be the fastest mirror :P
-Unlocking went like a breeze
-found an orange server with one connected client. I couldn't connect, obviously orange means password-protected.
-found a green server with one connected client, the game connected and synched just fine.
-there was no visible lag as far as i could see, a third person connected during qual and it still seemed to be running ok
-had a few stutters running in windowed mode, switched to full and the hickups were gone. might have been a fps drop or two, but im not sure.
-couldn't really try to actually PLAY the game cause i couldn't be bothered to hook up my wheel at the time.

hints for those who, just like me, can't remember everything:

k turns on keyboard steer
l wipes the visor
f1 returns to cockpit view (iirc)
returning to pits wont repair a damaged car, you have to hit "fix car".
fixing a car wont give you new tyres, you have to remount them.

all-in-all it seems to work, so if you do download it, and are licenced, you should be able to go online.

Downloading now, will give it a try this evening at home.

On the list of fixes it mentions physics improvements. Anyone know what improvements exactly?
Awesome :up:
That's my weekend spoken for then. Sure, Mrs Hank's exams will be over and she'll want to party, but hey - I've been waiting months for this patch! Gotta have priorities
@ tristan
netKar PRO v1.0.2

- Multiplayer sync improvements
- Physics updates on tires, drivetrain and aerodynamics
- Interface polishing
- Added support links
Yeah, but what improvements to them.

e.g. Solved major physics bug that leads to unpredictable and automatically recovering 90 degree spins, which was a single line bug in the tyre grip coding. Clutch and gear change bugs improved, including the 'double shift' cheat which bypassed any need for throttle lifting, and improved aero code to include buffetting and multi-car train modelling (i.e. lead car also benfits).

As it is we just get told 'we did some stuff, but you don't need to know what'.
netkar pro patch 1.02 is out
megaupload ? filefront ? you gotta be kidding me
Thanks but there's already a thread in Gerenal Racing Talk... this really has little to do with LFS.
Quote from tristancliffe :Downloading now, will give it a try this evening at home.

On the list of fixes it mentions physics improvements. Anyone know what improvements exactly?

No,but you have to try the f2000.
am i the only one who thought the guy who first posted the filefront link on rsc was bullshitting everybody with a dummy file ?
Quote from Shotglass :am i the only one who thought the guy who first posted the filefront link on rsc was bullshitting everybody with a dummy file ?

I thought so too... and I was shocked to see that the file was uploaded at 9am on Sunday.
wtf? So they had it for 3 days, eh? Hmmmm....

Seems like their just bullshitting their customers, lucky im not one of them!
D'oh, downloaded it only to notice that I have no unlocks left. No probs, my fault that one.

Still some comments:
Getting 160fps and still having noticable steering lag
F1600 felt the same physics wise.

The control menu is still bad. Couldn't get my paddles configured so I just copy/pasted my old controllers ini file. May have something to do with steering lag, but I doubt it.

The scazzatto sound engine sounds still much better than LFS imho. Anyone who thinks LFS sounds better is a deaf LFS fanboy/girl imho.

Steering lag
I live just near Aviano... but hey there isnt a track here?!
"Scazzato"? It's kind of a bad word in italian...
Sound interesting... i will try the demo... but i dont think i will buy it...
LFS it's more than enough...
Hey I just spent 2 days in Kyoto, guess what? No ring! Then I realised it was a race sim and not reality. Get a grip.
I like NKP a lot. Has a great 'feel'. Wish it would hurry up and develop a bit more, the community is fiercely loyal like lfs, or totally peed off (in which case they leave).
Tried the patch online, all seemed ok at the start... Then everyone seemed to spin and stall or something, won by 59 seconds in a 10 lap race..

And the only car I saw was jumping all over the place, hmm..

Still my favourite 'feeling' sim Will give it more of a go later
theres no community. theres a guy named jaap thats trying to get a job defending the undefensible.
the feel of nkp is the feel of getting screwed.

releasing this patch to a pissed off audience via all the crap and spyware installing "free" download websites, with queues, country quota limitations and speeds my 56k would fly over, is just a touch of genius.
Yea seemed a bit strange that they only uploaded the patch to free upload sites, only had luck with the uploading.com mirror which actually went nice and fast at 700kb/s.
"Hey I just spent 2 days in Kyoto, guess what? No ring! Then I realised it was a race sim and not reality. Get a grip."

Ehm, it was a joke. See there was even the smile thingy
So are those spyware and everithing real? Or it's a safe download?

EDIT: Ryanry64 posts already answered my questions. going to download!
No, no spyware, Kid's just trying to be controversial
yep looks not really pro with this free 1click hoster downloads
but i have to say the 1.0.2 feels a lot better then previous versions
(maybe its just because i switched to a dfp^^)

if there would be a multiplayer test i guess i would buy it
the system atm makes me wait until i see some detailed infos
but i would say it was another step forward for a promising sim
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Someone let me know if it's worth installing. I really don't have time for sims/games this week and if I do get a spare hour I'd rather waste it in LFS if nK 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.2 is still too rubbish for public consumption.

See for yourself

I guess no license = no multiplayer

EDIT: and why is the FLP nkpro server passworded? I can't get in :omg:
EDIT2: Better multiplayer, check attachment
EDT3: seems that the pings are normal inside the game though...
Attached images
better.jpg
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG