The online racing simulator
#1 - vpr01
Buying a license - payment bug/problem
Hi,

Although the problem is now resolved for me - since i used paypal to pay for a license in the end - there is still a bug in your ProtX payment system.

It simply refused to accept my perfectly valid debit card as a valid payment method. I have a Visa Electron debit card, which is clearly indicated as being accepted and there is an option for it in the payment method selection. However, every time i attempted to fill the form out (all fields filled in correctly) the system would refuse the payment method. The payment method is a drop down list of set selections, and it wouldn't accept it no matter what card type i chose.

This could do with fixing, cos i don't really like paypal.

Cheers,

vpr out.
I have a Visa Electron and the customer must be present for them to work. I'm sure LFS doesn't accept it as I had to borrow my parents credit card to buy it. The reason I know the customer must be present is the website I run for my parents can't accept Visa Electrons because the machine will not allow this type of card to go through with out the customer entering there pin.

Keiran

edit // Just checked and there is no Visa Electron on the list just Visa, Visa Debit and Visa Delta
#3 - psy00
i used my visa electron to pay for lfs and got no problem , i just select visa and fill the form ... no errors
really ?? Will have to bare that in mind for S3 . The way the website I runs e-commerce works is probaly the reason that we have to have the customer present.

Keiran
Used Visa Electron with PayPal, worked fine
used visa electron, worked fine and dandy
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#7 - vpr01
Quote from keiran :I have a Visa Electron and the customer must be present for them to work. I'm sure LFS doesn't accept it as I had to borrow my parents credit card to buy it. The reason I know the customer must be present is the website I run for my parents can't accept Visa Electrons because the machine will not allow this type of card to go through with out the customer entering there pin.

Keiran

edit // Just checked and there is no Visa Electron on the list just Visa, Visa Debit and Visa Delta

Visa Electron IS Visa Debit. Electrons are debit cards. I don't know where you got the idea of the customer being present from, since Debit cards are pretty much the same as Credit cards. The only difference is Debit cards take money direct from your bank account when paying for things, and credit cards take money as credit from the credit company, and you pay them in a bill which includes interest *shudder*.

Someone should look into it, since it wasnt just throwing out errors on the Visa Electron card type. I tried all of them, and got the same error over and over.
How it works:

There is:
a) a payment gateway
b) the bank

The page that you enter your credit card details on is the payment gateway. When you submit your details, the gateway send your data to the bank of our choice, who then verify your data and return OK or NOTOK.
The bank now states that VISA Electron cards require 100% verification, that means that your card number, security code, name, address and postal code _must_ match. Herein lies a problem in that at the same time, the bank cannot always verify certain details (because of missing information), so the transaction is returned NOTOK. So this is their way of protecting this type of card (because it draws straight from your account and not via a credit company).
I suppose websites like PayPal have a different policy, because Electron cards are always accepted, BUT often require some days to pass for verification of funds actually being transferred. That's their way of dealing with it.
So unfortunately, using Electron (or VISA Debit) cards simply won't work because of the security scheme of our bank.
The only option for those who cannot use their card is to use PayPal I'm afraid.

BTW, VISA Debit cards are _not_ the same as VISA Electron. The Electron is a debit card yes, but the VISA Debit card is another type of card (I think used by UK bank account holders, who have VISA on their normal bank card).
#9 - vpr01
In the UK, Visa debit changed its name to electron (i think). Would be silly to have 2 cards with 2 names that are exactly the same.

What i found odd was why my card works everywhere else and not here. I guess it's like you said - your banks uber tight security, reassuring to know i suppose, but there is such a thing as too much security!
My Electron didnt work, kept being rejected. Had to buy the game on my dads card, which he didnt really appreciate

Electron are being accepted more widespread now, but mainly within the UK. Dont know where the money goes to, but if its outside the UK i doubt you would be able to use an Electron.
Heh, my Electron worked fine for getting S2 licence.

Indeed I have two Visa Electron cards. The one can only be used for getting cash from ATMs really. I use the other one I have, as a debit card really, for online shopping.
Quote from Victor :How it works:

There is:
a) a payment gateway
b) the bank

The page that you enter your credit card details on is the payment gateway. When you submit your details, the gateway send your data to the bank of our choice, who then verify your data and return OK or NOTOK.
The bank now states that VISA Electron cards require 100% verification, that means that your card number, security code, name, address and postal code _must_ match. Herein lies a problem in that at the same time, the bank cannot always verify certain details (because of missing information), so the transaction is returned NOTOK. So this is their way of protecting this type of card (because it draws straight from your account and not via a credit company).
I suppose websites like PayPal have a different policy, because Electron cards are always accepted, BUT often require some days to pass for verification of funds actually being transferred. That's their way of dealing with it.
So unfortunately, using Electron (or VISA Debit) cards simply won't work because of the security scheme of our bank.
The only option for those who cannot use their card is to use PayPal I'm afraid.

BTW, VISA Debit cards are _not_ the same as VISA Electron. The Electron is a debit card yes, but the VISA Debit card is another type of card (I think used by UK bank account holders, who have VISA on their normal bank card).

hi, i cant pay for s2 license, it says payment rejected,pls help me Smile
IM USING VISA ELECTRON DEBIT CARD
Quote from BG JACK SPARROW :
Quote from Victor :...

hi, i cant pay for s2 license, it says payment rejected,pls help me Smile
IM USING VISA ELECTRON DEBIT CARD

Your answer (and explanation for it) is in the text you quoted fella, Electron won't work.
-
(emil05) DELETED by emil05 : wrong license

Buying a license - payment bug/problem
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG