The online racing simulator
Lol. 134 MB patch. Lol.
Heh, that must be some kind of record
And one to be very proud of.
A patch as big as the current S2 release. Lawl.
What "lol"? Big size must only mean it includes lots of fixes and new stuff (at least the sample system). Though it has a good reason the include lots of fixes...
Mmmmaybe there is LFS S2 final hidden in that file

(anyway, gotta test it in future)
Wow, I really like the new license system and how you have all cars but only offline... except it doesn't work. All is the same as before, only F1600 at Crema and no AIM. Good work contradicting your own release notes :doh:
Quote from AndroidXP :Wow, I really like the new license system and how you have all cars but only offline... except it doesn't work. All is the same as before, only F1600 at Crema and no AIM. Good work contradicting your own release notes :doh:

Worked for me...

It has the new sound engine (you can still use that scazzato system), "crossfaded" but it means sampled? Didn't sound anything special, not "bee" sound but if you rate how it sounds as a sampled system I think it sounded kinda bad. More like some normal road car than formula. Though I didn't like the scazzato system at all, sounds annoying to ears and I didn't get as clear feedback as in LFS. I hope this new sound engine doesn't mean that they forget the generated scazzato system as it got so much bashed on forums.

I hope Kunos have done something to the multiplayer, didn't try it because now is time for LFS.
The improvements had a very significant effect on it running on my 'puter. Everything seemed to 'work', and it was a pleasure to use. I think the interface looked much less distracting since I've played Hikki before; even better, all the buttons work. I didn't however find an 'unassign' button which is still an inconvenience.

With the same graphics options as with the first full Hikki release, but this time using the crossfaded sound system the driving experience seemed much much improved. FPS appeared better (didn't actually check), driving smoother, and I could hear what the car was doing. The FFB remains too clunky in my opinion, getting my wheel to budge from the centre is heavy work, and immediately after some invisible point is reached it goes completely light, even if not understeering.

I fancy this release is much better than the previous, yet, I'm not ready to invest in it. FFB doesn't work for me, and if there's one thing I miss oh-so-much in NKP it's head/view shaking and moving with G-forces and bumps. LFS feels so much more intense with the head shaking all over the place while desperately looking for a place to pass..
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I fancy this release is much better than the previous, yet, I'm not ready to invest in it. FFB doesn't work for me, and if there's one thing I miss oh-so-much in NKP it's head/view shaking and moving with G-forces and bumps. LFS feels so much more intense with the head shaking all over the place while desperately looking for a place to pass..

I agree. Lack of those makes a bit "floating" feeling. I don't even use currently very high g force settings in LFS but still (and even the head turn is off - used to play on before but RBR doesnt have it and when swapping between games it feels distracting).

Though I like the easy way that you can change the place of the seat in nKp... in LFS you have to make a custom view.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I didn't however find an 'unassign' button which is still an inconvenience.

try the escape key
Ah, I see. Thank you
Apparently the F1600 physics have been updated, too. Dunno what to think about it yet...
Quote from deggis :Though I like the easy way that you can change the place of the seat in nKp... in LFS you have to make a custom view.

the only issue custom views currently have is that theres no preset values for non single seaters ... you can spend hours to find the correct values that put you in the normal cockpit view to change the seat position from there ... maybe time to make an improvement suggestion
Is anyone still playing this? I checked the multiplayer lobby tonight; 9:30pm, Thursday night, Pacific coast timezone. There were only a couple of people online and both were on a closed server. So I joined a public server and spent about 35-40 minutes turning laps all by myself. No one joined in that entire time. The empty grandstands on either side of the start-finish straight seemed sadly apt.
I tested the new patch quickly... but didn't get excited because the LFS patch was just released. RSCnet.org's netKar Pro section seems to be pretty active but I guess the multiplayer code still sucks so badly that people don't play online a lot.
Well, considering they cheekily nabbed the LFS slogan and tagged on the 'professional' bit to get 'netKar Pro: Professional Online Racing Simulator', they seem to have backfired on most counts. Namely the 'Professional' & 'Online' parts.

I certainly gave nKpro a good shot when it came out, but as yet I have not bought it. I think I will still support it eventually, but no doubt it will not have the same long lasting appeal as LFS does atm. If this latest patch sorts things out enough then maybe ill try it sooner
So the patch updates the game to v0.2 stage?

I'm willing to give a second chance... I hope they have learned something about the 1.0 crap release back in March.
Quote from Jaap Wangenvoort : Guys, don't hold your breath right now.

Marco is the one of will make the file available. I thought this would happen already Friday, but apparently something can in between. I'm not sure if he's going to do it this weekend. If not, I'm sure it will be the first thing on his mind when he returns to work on Monday.

Just know it's coming soon.

Damn, it may not come this weekend, i honestly hope it does come out today or tomorow
so theyre back to their a-game ... not releasing things in time
Maybe they found some "new" bugs to kill

[little bird told me]Expect the next nk pro patch in Februari/March, just to be killed again with the next LFS patch [/little bird told me]
Quote from Shotglass :so theyre back to their a-game ... not releasing things in time

Hey, don't judge man! The patch was ready on time - on Friday! They just haven't had the time to upload it since then!
wtf? make a new demo, and ill play it, but it needs the new patch and a decent host. I want to like nK, but it seems like they are just looking at their customers, giving the finger and tellling them to "**** off"

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG