The online racing simulator
#1 - kalle
Pre-qualifying for Season 1
Because of high amount of sign ups we have decided to drive on two different servers And this means we have to sort you all on two servers. How it's done?

Pre-qualifying is held. You do two hotlap times (you do hotlap in LFS and upload the replay to LFSWorld), one at Aston Cadet and other one at South City Town. 20 fastest from this pre-qualifying drives in Division 1 and 21-40 fastest drives in Division 2, rest will get on reserve list. Both divisions have seperate standings/championships so at the end of the season we have to champs, div1 winner and div2 winner. This way those who would drive most of the time in server 2 gets something to compete for, winning the div2. After the season is over, top10 from div1 qualifies automatically to season 2 div1 and top3 from div2 qualifies automatically to season 2 div1 aswell.

Why hotlaps? Because it's the easiest way to do this. Everyone can choose their time to do the laps etc.

In short:

Hotlaps needed: Aston Cadet & South City Town driven with XFR or UFR
Deadline for hotlaps: 07/11/2006 23:59:59 (Tuesday)
Pre-qualifying ranking can be seen at lfs-tracker.de
People ranked in top 20 drives in Division 1, people ranked between 21-40 drives in Division 2 and rest will get on reserve list.

If you don't see your name at tracker, please pm me your online/league name and lfsworld name.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have some questions. You can ask in this thread or pm me.

Good luck

UXRL keeps the right to change the size of the divisions/grids even after the pre-qualifying deadline.
Kinda crap that we have to do hotlaps..
I dont know if i'll be on LFS before next tuesday. It's a long weekend in UK and Ireland this weekend and i'm goin away tomorrow until Monday night.
The deadline is the next tuesaday. So a week and a half.
hotlaps :weeping:

:tired:
Quote from Primoz :The deadline is the next tuesaday. So a week and a half.

:doh: got my dates wrong! ok cool, well i'll be able to get a time in before that.
i refuse to do more than 5 laps hotlapping! if i dont make the top 20 then so be it
Hi!
I have a question: On lfs-tracker there is a 400 team tag beside my name. Now that team no longer exists and as much i liked to see it (remembered me on the good days ), i dont know why it is there. So can anyone tell me this? And if it's possible then remove it? I don't know how exactly the tracker works so if it can not be done than no worries.

Thanks
Yeah, my name is wrong too, it says D Watkins, would prefer it to say T7R|Danowat is possible........

Yeah, hotlapping isn't IDEAL, but in this instance its probably the best way to sort the grids.....

Dan,
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Yes, me too. In game I am CeRT| Itar. In Czech league, we write only nick, not team tag.
i'd prefere T7R|nikimere if possible, but i dont think it's u guys who do this data, is it?
OK so hotlapping isn't the perfect choice, but its only to sort the grids out. I like that LFS-Tracker, easy to see where you are.

Good luck to one and ALL.

Oh Kalle, nice choice of tracks also.
I hate hotlapping, especially around South City. I will only re-do my hotlaps if go into the reserve list, division doesn't bother me now...
moan, moan, moan, how else would YOU have done the pre-qualifying?.

I don't think many people actually "enjoy" hotlapping, and there is every chance I won't qualify as I am shite at hotlapping, but I understand the reasoning WHY kalle has done this.

Dan,
I am not moaning, just venting a little frustration after a session at South City. Hotlapping probably is the best way to decide the divisions, but the least fun.
dont think anyone was moaning as such Dan, whats gotta be done is normally done. Personally, hotlapping for me isnt something I have done, nor will do much in the future. I've submitted my hotlaps, if i dont make it, so be it.
Ingame nick: CeRT| Harad
...thx
Quote from Cropsy :I am not moaning, just venting a little frustration after a session at South City. Hotlapping probably is the best way to decide the divisions, but the least fun.

Yes but with the ability to check back at the tracker, doesn't that give you a sense of determination to do well Does me
Of course you have to check out where you are in the standings ... and do faster hotlapping. For those who thinks that's ok it's a good system.
For me it's not ok since I honestly hate it. Well I don't mind go into the reserve list though. If you guys want to do it this way it's ok to me. The race itself is what means something, so starting in a lower devistion doesn't bother me either, probably it's where I belong anyway ...
About the team tags/names in tracker:

Some of you have taken part in some other leagues that has used lfs-tracker.de before so your details were in database so that why they might be wrong/different and I think that people at lfs-tracker.de would prefer to keep the real names there (if its already there) because if you take part some other league in future that requires real names then they don't have to change the names again,so I won't change names (unless you really think that it should be changed). But team tags will be changed later today.

Hotlapping:

Yeah it't not my favourite thing to do either, I like racing not driving alone but this is the easiest and the best way to do this within this time what we have.
Quote from nikimere :i refuse to do more than 5 laps hotlapping! if i dont make the top 20 then so be it

Feel the same way. -Ill give it 30min on each track max.
And go GRRRRR!!!! everytime I get a "Invalid Lap"
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
A mate of me have developed a good qualifying program.

I don't know exactly how it works, but its something along these lines.

The program is set up on the server, and records every lap that a driver does. It overwrites the last pb you did on that server and that combo, and saves it into a file I think.

You can write "tr list" on the server to see where you are on the overal qualifying place, and that list can allso be shown on a web page.
The nice thing is that this program can be on for a week, more or less if you want to, and it records your times. You can race with others at the same time, makes pre-qualifying more fun to.

I could ask him for the code if you want, thought I won't promise you anything. Its maybe a bit late for this anyway?
Quote from MyBoss :A mate of me have developed a good qualifying program.

I don't know exactly how it works, but its something along these lines.

The program is set up on...

Yeah it's too late for now but maybe in future But hmm, wouldn't that be same than hotlapping except it would be done online (and chance that others ruins your lap by blocking/crashing etc)?

Quote from LFSn00b : Ohh s***, im in a bit of a hurry. Well, ill drive those tomorrow. Now ill just make my sets perfect.

There is still over week to do the laps. Deadline is 07/11/2006 23:59:59 (Tuesday)
The ConeDodgers team used that system for their forthcomming league.

- worked very well.
But isn't there a problem with slipstreaming/drafting when you count the online pb. It's easy then that people work together (drive behind another) to get a better result. Uhmm

I don't like hotlapping but think it's better the way it is done right now.

Just my 2 euro-cents
Quote from bo-kristiansen :The ConeDodgers team used that system for their forthcomming league.

- worked very well.

Yes they did ... in combination with qualify races. A good combination and I thought the admins here where at that direction.

Anyway, they aren't so we have to live with it .. Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG