Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel and separate axis pedals
have you tried the 4.0 software too? ive got the one with ff and it works without problems, but ive heard of people who dont get it to work, dont know whats wrong there though...
First I hope you don't have the now FF problem, because the Precision Racing Wheel didn't have FF. Second when setting up the profile in the wheel properties make sure its set like this (separate), and then in games makes sure you have selected "Separate Axis".

[quote=P5YcHoM4N]... Second when setting up the profile in the wheel properties make sure its set like this (separate), and then in games makes sure you have selected "Separate Axis"...

Hi - wonder if you could confirm that it's "safe" to install sidewinder 4.0 on an XP installation - I'm sure that it previously caused me huge problems. I now have clean install with sidewinder precision pro running without the sidewinder software - mostly OK but I can't get it to separate the pedals.

Thanks
Indeed it is. I run them on XP fine. It says "warning these drivers might do damage, blah blah blah, not made for XP, blah blah blah", but I've always used them without any issues on XP and Windows 2000. Also, if you have the none-force feedback wheel you can get XP made drivers from Microsoft (somewhere). They never remade them for XP if you have the FF wheel though.
I have the one without FF.
There is not an option to set the pedals mode in the wheel properties.
Can somebody give me software that will allow separate pedale mode. I just could not find it by myself.
Thanks.
Attached images
rooli set.bmp
Errmm... I mean using the "Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0".

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Nice and simple. You just need to have the software installed.
I actually wanted a link where I could download the software because I couldn´t find it, not how to use the software. I think I would have figured it out by myself. But still thanks.:thumbsup3

Anyway I finally found the software, downloaded it, installed it but there was no difference. I still can´t put the pedals on separate axis.
I followed your instructions and the first three steps were the same for me but the fourth window looks like this for me.

As you can see there isn´t a pedal mode option. Maybe it´s impossible to use the separated axis pedals with the version that hasn´t got FF.
Attached images
rooli set.jpg
Hmm, that's odd. Try getting your mits on the older software. I would slap mine on the web for you, but as it's for the FF I'm not sure how well it'd work. I can still try it if you like, though it's just the v4 drivers for Win9x.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
If I choose the separated option the pedals don´t work at all.
Quote from Kalev EST :If I choose the separated option the pedals don´t work at all.

After you change them to separate you may have to remap the axis for both throttle and brake.

We really need some sort of setup guide for LFS.
P5YcHoM4N, you're a star. Tracked down a copy of version 4.0 software from driverguide - ignored all of the warnings from XP and it works fine ! No more combined pedals. Now if I could just get rid of the dead zone...
Thanks
Glad I could help.

You can turn the deadzone to very low with the profile dodar, and in LFS you can turn the deadzone off all together.
Quote from Cue-Ball :After you change them to separate you may have to remap the axis for both throttle and brake.

I did that, it doesn´t work.

To wobbly_rider: do you have the FF version or the one without FF?
hi. in answer to your question i have the FF wheel. with xpsp2 (pro) and now with sidewinder 4 control centre.

works fine now (but still need to tweak wheel settings - profiles now mean that degrees of movement of wheel can be set outside of lfs, as can centring and forces. can't quite work out what's best, yet... sure we'll get their in the end!)
Go to Options/Controls in the game and set the pedals separated. Then calibrate the axis.
If the test in Windows works correctly go to LFS, you can recalibrate the Axis in LFS in the controller menu(go to the axis settings and use one of the bottom options. You can use the pedals inversed by clicking the invert button next to the action. Works like a charm here (Sidewinder FF USB)
hi guys, i have a saitek r440 ff wheel. i have been told it is more or less a sidewinder. the thinng i am getting at is this.....my pedals work a treat, so maybe you could try the saitek driver.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.htm

the r220 is the r440 but with no forcefeedback. it might be worth a shot

i hope it works guys
Thanks for the zip. But I have some trouble still installing this software it insists that i'm not the administrator, eventhough i defenitively am. So i'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems using this patch?

Tried every other patch and had the same problem as you Kalev.
-
(daveb948576) DELETED by daveb948576
For what its worth, I use the original Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel with FF (the one that plugs in through a game port) and I run Win XPsp2. I do not use the Sidewinder 4 software at all - I used to when I originally installed XP ages ago, but now it is not required for it to work flawlessly with seperate axis in LFS (or any recent game for that matter). Older games, made before XP always set the pedals inverted so the brake was on until you pressed the pedal - this was very annoying.

LFS was the first driving game I found that allowed me to invert the pedals. Before that I had to run Win98 to play Geoff Crammonds F1GP4.

Tim

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG