The online racing simulator
A thank you.
(7 posts, started )
A thank you.
I'd like to thank Rune DK for his assistance and help tonight.

I've been trying to get a handle on RWD cars for a while now, and it's never really clicked. So have a bit of a play around I joined an empty drift server and messed about for a bit. After a while he joined and then asked if I was new to LFS Big grin.

I explained the situation and he sent me a setup, then gave me tips for about half an hour where I was going wrong. I had an absolute blast, and so here's my thanks to a helpful player.

Thank you sir! Thumbs up
its always nice to hear things like this. i think its important everyone learns from someone else, as two heads are always better than one. Thumbs up
Nice for you.

for me is always " BLU FLAG NOOB GO PRACTIS OFLINNE LOL LOL LOL!!!" :rolleyes:
One thing I have learned to do before "speaking my mind" immediately after an incident is to check that persons total laps done. That will instantly tell you if the person is new with very few laps or just an idiot who should know better after 3000 laps.

I'm not the fastest out there, and am probably the slowest learner, but I've been here for nearly 2 years now, so I have plenty of experience. I've also been sim racing for 10 years before I found LFS. I am more than willing to help out the new guys since there isn't many folks racing in the US. The more we help, the more good drivers we have to race with is my thought.

Education is the key, not yelling "you noob, blah blah" to them. I'd rather have one more future competitor than one more turned off by the elitist mentality. And as you can see from the first post here, we have just that, one more future competitor due to education. Good job Rune DK. Thumbs up
#5 - Goop
^^ nicely said Thumbs up
I've always thought it would be cool having someone out there on the track in helpful instructor mode. Go Rune DK!
Rune DK rules Big grin...we need more Rune DK's do we not Big grin. Nice to see more and more friendly people + more and more people loving LFS for it Smile

A thank you.
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG