The online racing simulator
Chosen Username Regrets
(96 posts, started )
Chosen username regrets...
Always hated my small s...

But I compensate it with my huge p...
#2 - SamH
I'm sorely tempted to ask if I can move that post to Off Topic as a new thread. I bet it'd be fun to find out everyone's licence name regrets!
[edit] Done!
I wanted 'Bobby' but some yank has it apparantly, so I needed to be a little 'creative' . It's surprising how many people fail to understand my username.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
No regrets here... Riffey#4 dates back to Quake. I was trying different .cfg files and I changed my name Riffey to Riffey#1, #2 etc to make sure I was using the right config. At #4 I got my config right..
Only regret is that a lot of web sites and games dont allow # in a username..
franky500- no problems here of course that was never my Origional Username but it came from it.

Seemed to have difficulties on ebay though.. tried so many different things and ended up with jupiterisfurtherthanmars ..... is it!!!!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Kev was taken, so what choice did I have?

do a better job at concealing you have an ak name (certainly only the german speaking users will get this one so dont even bother )
Tweaker was my old old nickname, only to refer to being obsessed with making setups and adjusting things before even driving. But then I preferred the short "Tweak" version that people call me now, since it may not so directly imply what some people think as being a druggy, lol.

But still I wish I could change my license username. I am slowly growing tired of having "Tweak", and I want to start using my real name actually.
Quote from Shotglass :do a better job at concealing you have an ak name (certainly only the german speaking users will get this one so dont even bother )

Its time like this i wish i could speak german...

EDIT: Its ok. that thought has passed
#9 - _rod_
I regret having the "_" on my name. I dont know why i putted them in there, I never liked them. Would be nice if my name had a capital "r"
Some regrets for coming up with this nick some 9 years ago (Could have picked something better, too late to change it now ), but no regrets for using it as LFS username...

Even if someone would have wanted to take this username before me, they propably would have failed to type it correctly. So far I have seen it typoed by non-finnish people at least fourteen different ways, and even google has learned fix some of those :P
Quote from i30i3i3y :I wanted 'Bobby' but some yank has it apparantly, so I needed to be a little 'creative' . It's surprising how many people fail to understand my username.

Luckily I'm |33+, so I can read it fine

l30l3l3y would've been easier, though, I suspect...

Edit: By the way, I have no regrets about my username... I was TagForce, I am TagForce, and I will always remain TagForce... Chances are, if you find anything to do with sims on the net and it has the name TagForce attached to it, it's me. I even have a game named after me (Yeah, so it's Yu-Gi-Oh!, maybe I'll sue).
I have no regrets, after that one summer with the silly songs the name "Rappa Z" got stuck.
I regret my name. I first registered long ago with -PsYcHo-MaN-, but then lots of time passed, and I forgot the login details, so I made a new account, paid for S2 and then remembered the login details for the old one.
But even then I'd have probably regretted the name, as these days I'm just dropping it to either my first name, or just P-Man.
At work I am mrodgers. On RSC I was mrodgers. At the US Pits I am mrodgers, wspilots-mrodgers, CRC-mrodgers, master skinnerz-mrodgers, avsim-mrodgers, home email-mrodgers, GURU I was mrodgers, NAL-mrodgers, NASRL-mrodgers, RCGroups, RCUniverse, and Wattflyer - all mrodgers. Do you kinda get the picture? It wasn't until online with LFS that I wanted a "cool" name since I started in S1 demo without my actual registered name in LFS. I started with Lousy, since, well, I was lousy. Then I joined GURU for a bit and they said pick a better name because I'm not quite lousy any more. So I picked NightHawk since that was the bike I rode. Now I would rather use NightHawk, but so much is already registered as mrodgers so I just stick with that for all forums and net stuff. I also fly flight sim and I'm mrodgers at the WSPilots website/forum, but fly as NightHawk on the servers.
I've been 96 GTS ever since I've been on forums, so it's natural for me. I like using my real name in my racername though.
I'm happy with mine as "Monaro" was taken (which is what i use in all games) so i use nicknames ppl have given me over the years while using monaro such as my s2 license name (Munza) and others like Monny etc

<3 monaros
At least "Hyperactive" has some professional sounding tone innit

I used hyper when I was playing the demo over a year ago online, before that I user nicks like Dr.Cop () in Gran turismos (but only because they had that 6 letter maximum). In older LFSes, in GPL and Nascars I have used my real name, but never played those online...

I would most probably change my nick to something different but I just can't think anything else. I've used "Hyperactive" since I started playing in interweb ... prolly I would use my real name, dunno though

EDIT: nice avatar spanky
I like my username. Everyone used to call me it in my class ages ago and it stuck. I use it everywhere now.
In fact i'e just looked and if you type nuttyboy in google the 2nd and 3rd links are my google earth forum profile and my muse forum profile.
I do regret mine. My demo nickname used to be [HRT]BurnOut, and I simply filled that in the license username field. I didn't realise that it was permanent, otherwise i'd have picked Erik, or something like that.
#20 - Jakg
quite happy with mine tbh!
I had a website with articles (in Russian) on PHP programming, called "PHP in details" with URL "detail.phpclub.ru", so everyone started calling me by the first part of the URL, and I decided not to resist and started using this name. I think, it looks like a silly nickname in English It's 3 years since I handed over the project to other people, and maybe if I were to register now I'd have invented something more creative like Dettaglio
I'd probably have registered as "The Widget" rather than "Bob Smith". I normally use one of those two nicks, but with most people assuming Bob is my real name I'm starting to prefer the former. So long as people don't start calling me Bob IRL, I'm fine though.

Jakg - don't feel like changing your avatar do you, it's weird seeing my face everywhere.
#23 - CSU1
:sadbanana
I should have used all capitals
#25 - CSU1
Quote from P1lot :I should have used all capitals

I should have picked a real bloody name CSU1 pfff! wtf?illepall

Chosen Username Regrets
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG