The online racing simulator
MOMO racing help!!!
(63 posts, started )
Hi agen,

Yes so thats a fact that the power is ok but if windows is picking it up well i would of thought it would work when the software is on. BTW i have found that on ebay auctions that they charge slightly abit more than it would cost (to make a profit) because i bought a mp3 player and it cost including P&P £2.50 and they charged me a fiver. Im thinking that it must be the (forgot the name the power lead you plug into the back of the steering wheel is Bust?)

DMWRIGHT

P.S has the guy replied?
Quote from jaws99 :

I'm going to give the tosser bad feedback

LOL i wanted to do tht when my helmet visor which was iruduim(coloured meaning you cant see through it) was scratched

GOOD LOOK M8
Quote from jaws99 :Return Terms
All sales come with JustDeals-uk' 30-day warranty unless advertised differently. Refunds will only be issued if a replacement is not available. If the item is faulty, death on arrival (DOA) then we commit to issuing you with a working replacement within the warranty period. If in the event that a replacement is not available then and only then will we issue you with a full refund (including shipping). Specific terms are:
  • For replacement, merchandise must be returned within 30 days of receipt and in the original packaging accompanied with packing slip.
  • Returned items must not have any signs of abuse or intentional damage. We carefully inspect returned items upon receipt before issuing refunds, credits, or exchanges.
  • Merchandise should be carefully packed and insured for the full purchase price and shipped via traceable means.
  • Absolutely no walk-in return/replacement service will be accepted.
  • Short-shipments, DOA (Dead On Arrival) and Deviations products must be reported within 5 days from delivered date.
  • Buyer is responsible for all return shipping charges.
  • A refund may be issued if replacement is not available.
  • Returns may be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
  • All defective products will be replaced within the appropriate warranty peri
So i have to pay the shipping because they sent me a turd product.
Ridiculous!

ME i would report it to ebay(sorry for different posts)
#54 - Jakg
most (ie all but mine) are just "see what everyone else is charging and charge the same" for postage - im not over keen on this practice, although TBH sometimes it is sodding expensive (ie my old wheel is costing me a tenner to post!) - although normally they do that as if they get a refund they still make money on the postage (namely why i never by a 1p item - if its broken i get a penny, not the £30 they "claim" it is to post!)
Quote from Jakg :most (ie all but mine) are just "see what everyone else is charging and charge the same" for postage - im not over keen on this practice, although TBH sometimes it is sodding expensive (ie my old wheel is costing me a tenner to post!) - although normally they do that as if they get a refund they still make money on the postage (namely why i never by a 1p item - if its broken i get a penny, not the £30 they "claim" it is to post!)

Yes i have to agree with you, Because there are some video camcorders which are costing £40- £50 to post!
Quote from jaws99 :Let's get this clarified.

When i plug in the power adapter no light appears on the wheel although i tried just plugging in the adapter and it got slightly warm.

When i plug in the USB cable windows reconises it as an unknown device.

To send it back i;m going to have to pay about the same amount of money i paid to get the wheel and there's a good chance that could be faulty too!

Is there any way i can repair the wheel myself and what do i need to repair?

I'm going to give the tosser bad feedback

you could pull a Best Buy Best Return.

basically, buy a logitech racing momo from them. go back home, unpack the new one, pack up the old one. then go back to the store and tell them your parents /or wife said you could not have it and want to return it. get your money back, and BAAM; New Steering Wheel, and they will send the old one back to the manufactor before they can sell it. so you just won.
Quote from VipeNess :you could pull a Best Buy Best Return....

...and they will send the old one back to the manufactor before they can sell it. so you just won.

These POS stores like Best Buy doesn't do that. They would just put it back on the shelf and next week, someone here or at the rFactor forum, or the GTR2 or Racer or any other racing forum would be posting about it again.
What a suprise he still hasn't replied. His stock doesn't get checked before it leaves as mines damaged in 2 places and also has a big dint in the side of the wheel. I have contacted ebay about him and i'm also opening up a paypal dispute as well as i mentioned before "givingg the tosser bad feedback"

FIRST. I'm going to take the wheel apart and se if i can fix it myself. Are there any guides on taking it apart as i don't know where to start.
Quote from jaws99 :Are there any guides on taking it apart as i don't know where to start.

Err, no. i searched for that 2 weeks ago but found nothing than a photograph showing inside of it. if you find , please send me the link.
The screws are too deep doen for my screwderiver
I've spoken to another guy who bought one. His is also faulty!
He has had no response to his emails so we are going to report him.
lately mI have the problem that the throttle of my Momo stays a bit (not 0 input) even when I'm not on it. Did ever anybody have this problem? Is it a software or Hardware thing?

MOMO racing help!!!
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG