The online racing simulator
MOMO racing help!!!
(63 posts, started )
MOMO racing help!!!
MY Momo was just delivered ( i bought it off ebay) and i have plugged everything in. When i turn the pc on the wheel moves but no LED's appear. I have also installed the logitech racing software and it can't pick my wheel up.

Pleas ehelp as i'm desperate to get it working!
err.. did you plugged the power cord?
I have plugged in the power cord but it seems quite loose at the back and it wont go in any further. It must be this that's the problem. Should i send it back??
It's off Ebay but the guy has a really good reputation.
Sounds like the power connection came unsoldered from the circuit board. It's an easy fix but you need to know how to solder =) That is an option, other than sending it back.
Does it show in your control panel?
I have done it before but don't own a soldering iron. I have emailed the guy on ebay and hopefully i should get a new one. Would a new power cord do or will i need a new wheel?
can i have the ebay auction number to see what it looks like?
well just an idea try and use another powercable BUT before you do tht change the fuse.

Hope this helps!

Also check if the guy has good feedback and there not just 1p items!

My 100th message
No he has great feedback and is a power seller and i have emailed him teling him about the problem. It took nearly 2 weeks getting here and it's going to charge me a fortune to send it back.
I buy through ebay and never had this problem b4. My suggestions is try the fuse and also change the powerlead if not accepeted on return aswell did you pay through paypal?

P.S just wondering is the disk clean when you installed it and did you install it correctly because i sometimes find myself russing to use it but i set it up compleatly wrong.

Hope this helps
All the wires are definately in the right place and i can't have set it up wrong on the pc as it wouldn't even let me do it lol!

i'll try again tomorrow
Quote from jaws99 :I have plugged in the power cord but it seems quite loose at the back and it wont go in any further. It must be this that's the problem.

Check for bent or retracted pins in the connector, I have seen this prob before.
Also you are screwing the retaining thumbscrews in at the sides of the connector arnt you? this should stop any looseness and pull the connector in tightly. but check the pins first.

SD.
Quote from jaws99 :No he has great feedback and is a power seller and i have emailed him teling him about the problem. It took nearly 2 weeks getting here and it's going to charge me a fortune to send it back.

You got defective merchandise, and you have to pay to send it back ?
That doesn't sound right. You paid for a product and paid to have it shipped already. He should be responsible for the return and replacment costs.

As others have suggested, you should check the wiring at the circuit board, check for bent pins, etc, and make sure it's not an easy fix before sending it back.

Does your USB port function with other controllers ?

If you, or anyone you know, has a Volt Meter, you could verify that the power cable is or is not the problem.

Good Luck
Im thinking why did he sell it in the first place?
Broken or genuine?

DMWRIGHT
Sorry i couldn't read all the posts because my eyes are in bad condition i gotta sleep.... I was going to say that i have a momo and mine has a problem with connecting the power coord as well. I have to push it in hard to get it running. Did you try to push it till it clicks?
Quote from jaws99 :All the wires are definately in the right place and i can't have set it up wrong on the pc as it wouldn't even let me do it lol!

i'll try again tomorrow

btw the my wheel goes all crazy sometimes when i play the game. mostly when im impatience and start up the game, then plug in the wheel. a very bad no no. shut down your machine, start it back up. once windows loads completely, then plug in the steering wheel. check control panel to see if it is there.
NOW IF YOU PLAYING FROM A LAPTOP, NO WONDER WHY.

if it is good from there, launch the game and just really relax and go slow. read over the url provided above which these guys pointed out.

if bad wheel, contact the seller and tell him it doesnt work, and want to work something out without giving bad rep! dont give bad rep if you havent contact him first to resolve it. and just keep truckin from there to see what they can do if it is broken.
Quote from VipeNess :btw the my wheel goes all crazy sometimes when i play the game. mostly when im impatience and start up the game, then plug in the wheel. a very bad no no. shut down your machine, start it back up. once windows loads completely, then plug in the steering wheel. check control panel to see if it is there.

FWIW, if you start the game first, then plug your wheel in, hit ctrl-C. It will reinitialize the controller in LFS and all will be fine. Crank the wheel left and right and press each pedal for calibration and you're good to go.
#21 - Goop
Sheesh! Tell me where that trash can is!!!!!! Don't worry if you see a fat thinning hair ugly guy rooting through there tonight .

Other than I take my pedals apart once every 6 months, I don't see what the huge problem is to cause so much complaint about the Momo pedals. I love them. I broke the retaining ball off the throttle pot and have to refix it every 6 months is all I do. It's so simple, I do it while spectating the following public 5 or 10 laps race and am back for the next one. Then I'm good for another 6 or more months. And that's a lot of hard abuse in those 6 months. All I need is a new pot and they are like new again.
Those of you that own momos. do the LED's come on when you plaug it on or when the pc is turned on. What i don't understand is, m ycomputer says the device cannot be recognised so that's picking it up. When i go on the logitech profiler it can't pick up my wheel.

When i plug it in to the USB connection it says that it does not recognise the device and that it has malfunctioned.

How do i check the pins?

Quote from SparkyDave :Check for bent or retracted pins in the connector, I have seen this prob before.
Also you are screwing the retaining thumbscrews in at the sides of the connector arnt you? this should stop any looseness and pull the connector in tightly. but check the pins first.

SD.

#25 - Goop
The left LED comes on when there's power, the right LED comes on when it's being used by a game.

@mrodgers - yeah, perhaps it is a bit harsh, it 'lasted' for two years My main gripe (i could live with/work around the pedals) was the wheel itself losing calibration when it was turned quickly, it made counter-steering nearly impossible. I thought about selling it, but this is much more gratifying.

Oh, and you're welcome to it, but you'll have to fight off all the other fat, bald ugly dudes out there... honey is to bees as my bin is to a bum

MOMO racing help!!!
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG