The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
sounds good, could add some excitment on some straights
Quote from xaotik :Read all about it here.
On topic: NOS in LFS would be totally pointless (as is yet another thread about it).

They never bothered to update the rules for the current season...
Although I'd imagine the system itself hasn't changed much, I know it gives more boost this season.
NOS is just another strategic element that we would have to worry about.

It's used in drag racing, Im not sure why it cannot not be used in LFS.

Downside of NOS = more speed = more crashes. Other than that I dont see why it should not be implemented.

I don't really get the whole "OMG NO NOS" attitude.
Noob/wrecker uses NOS to get ahead, only to enter a tight corner right after the pass, fails to slow down properly and causes a MAJOR pileup.

Hmm, the potential team strategies are endless.

Seriously, NOS is great for drags but crap for circuits with ANY corners. Conclusion, LFS should NOT use NOS.
Quote from Jamexing :Noob/wrecker uses NOS to get ahead, only to enter a tight corner right after the pass, fails to slow down properly and causes a MAJOR pileup.

Hmm, the potential team strategies are endless.

Seriously, NOS is great for drags but crap for circuits with ANY corners. Conclusion, LFS should NOT use NOS.

Current situation:
Noob/Wrecker steps on gas to get ahead, only to enter a tight corner before he's even passed, fails to slow down properly and causes a MAJOR pileup.

Doesn't have to be NOS, but some sort of boost button for some cars might be nice.
Quote from TagForce :Current situation:
Noob/Wrecker steps on gas to get ahead, only to enter a tight corner before he's even passed, fails to slow down properly and causes a MAJOR pileup.

Doesn't have to be NOS, but some sort of boost button for some cars might be nice.

you mean like a Turbo boost?
Quote from TagForce :Current situation:

But if there is a boost button then wouldn't that just make him crash into the players faster and harder?
As in a sort of NOS -_-'

Ah well...

No NOS for me...
because then you get the guys who will use it at EXACT the best moment and then they win, so it won't be an advantage... :-/
Quote from BlakjeKaas :As in a sort of NOS -_-'

Ah well...

No NOS for me...
because then you get the guys who will use it at EXACT the best moment and then they win, so it won't be an advantage... :-/

Then there is that also, and people will sacrifice lap times (which will also have risen by a few secs due to the nossage) just to pit an re-fuel on nos. Which will defy the whole point of racing.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :As in a sort of NOS -_-'

Ah well...

No NOS for me...

Yes absolutely! Right now every driver out there pushes break/throttle at the EXACT best moment, and turns the steering wheel to the EXACT angle, and thats why every racer has the same EXACT time on every track.

Oh wait a second, I don't think that's the case. Using NOS would require as much skill as using the throttle, and yes it would change your pit strategies. On the other hand i doubt that people would sacrifice an extra pit solely for the purpose of refueling NOS because the time lost would not be worth it.
#561 - Woz
Quote from silver bullet :I dont want to sound like a dick but you may have trouble finding a drag car that does not use nitrous oxide purge. And no you cannot have an "always on system" unless you want to travel to the moon. And yes there is a button.

Rule of thumb, if you want to sound smart but know nothing about drag racing, read this first:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_racing

The link you specified for Wikipedia is for a PURGE SYSTEM that clears out the N20 gas so the liquid draws, which is what you want to use. This is used BEFORE the race so the system is using LIQUID not GAS.

I take it you understand the difference between N20 in liquid and gas form, the difference in pressure between and the expansion and hence pressure changes that you get when the liquid is allowed to revert to gas etc.

A real drag car that uses N20 will run it ALL THE TIME and NO you will not end up on the moon because a drag car is for doing a short distance in a straight line AND NOTHING ELSE.

You are mixing up a REAL drag car and a Stupid and the Angry car (Opps, my bad... Fast and furious).

A driver that has to watch the lights and then dump the power down in the best way and keep the car in line while all hell breaks loose will NOT want to worry when is the best time to use the NOS button.

You do realise you can even get systems that will start injecting N20 into the system at specific revs etc etc etc. A button is NOT THE ONLY WAY TO TRIGGER THE NOS, that is for films and kids.

"Rule of thumb, if you want to sound smart but know nothing about drag racing, read this first"
Please don't get so emotional with me
on the whole dragracing car with/without nos..

drag m3 7.70 sec

this one uses nos off the line to build boost faster.. atleast they stated this on the old car!

this m3 is a new shell with a spruiced up m5 3.8 engine from the e34 m5 you can see other vidoes from on this link

offtopic as he**, but you definately need to check out the gatebil footage, e34 m5 on the wild side 1033bhp and 1091nm on the track!
:doh: And for the author of this thread, the one and only....
I do wish people would use the correct name though. You never fire NOS into an engine, nor is NOS used as fuel. Want to know why? NOS = Nitrous Oxide System. NOS is a brand name for a company that make a kit that you bolt onto your car which feeds it N2O. NOS and N2O != The same thing.

Saying you want NOS in LFS could just mean you want a NOS energy drink in the game.
Quote from CSU1 ::doh: And for the author of this thread, the one and only....

what do you mean ?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I do wish people would use the correct name though. You never fire NOS into an engine, nor is NOS used as fuel. Want to know why? NOS = Nitrous Oxide System. NOS is a brand name for a company that make a kit that you bolt onto your car which feeds it N2O. NOS and N2O != The same thing.

Saying you want NOS in LFS could just mean you want a NOS energy drink in the game.

+1 and you NEVER wanna fire it into a race tuned engine.
It belongs 1,000,000 miles away from anything to do with LFS.
#568 - Woz
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I do wish people would use the correct name though. You never fire NOS into an engine, nor is NOS used as fuel. Want to know why? NOS = Nitrous Oxide System. NOS is a brand name for a company that make a kit that you bolt onto your car which feeds it N2O. NOS and N2O != The same thing.

Yep, but because the NAWS mob don't understand the difference its the only way to talk with them

Quote from Woz :Yep, but because the NAWS mob don't understand the difference its the only way to talk with them

i'm slightly confused.. was any of this a comment on my post? don't think i used the expression wrong though..

uhhhh.. f*** it!
I think break fouce feed back power boost is more environment XDDD
I guess I got it all ass backwards...

Well I did see a History Channel special on drag racing cars a few years ago
Quote from silver bullet :you mean like a Turbo boost?

Yeah, maybe add the option to restrict its usage to x times per race, or a total amount of x seconds...
Kind of like A1GP and Champcar (if it simulates real racing, add all the real options)
Shoulda used multi-quote

Quote from xWolFx :But if there is a boost button then wouldn't that just make him crash into the players faster and harder?

No, I don't think so... Most will be using boost to get off the line, and if he's going to wreck anyway, it doesn't really matter if he does it at normal speed +10mph. It would make it easier for wreckers to catch up to potential victims on straights, but now they just block the track and take out the leader...
All in all, I think a boost button would not in any way have a negative impact in wrecks or the act of wrecking.
Silver Bullet - you just 'told us off' for talking nonsense about drag racing, and how we should do a little bit of research before talking out of our arses!

It's nice to know that you, the person who claimed to be an expert, and sarcastically pointed us at a poorly written wikipedia article, have been shot down, and your 'facts' proven to be imperfect.

Next time, do some fecking RESEARCH and don't just watch a history channel on TV IF you are going to 'tell us off'
I like the landmines idea! They would add important strategic element to the racing if they were limited amount for one race. You could stop backdrafters from gaining advantage from sticking at your ass, which is gay, but with landmines you just press the button and bam! It would also encourage clean racing, since you wouldn't need to make zig-zag patterns on long straights.

Oh yes wreckers, I hear you say. But I think that it would not in any way have negative impact in an act of wrecking, because now wreckers just block the track, with landmines they could just mine the track, giving you the better chance to dodge.

Before you hardcore elite VIP sim maniacs burn me down in flames, please consider how many people would buy LFS if it has landmines and how many dollars could devs earn for their living!

edit: LOL good one, hey there tristan!

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG