The online racing simulator
S3
(31 posts, started )
S3
when S3 comes out, does that mean i have to pay 4 a new license??
Yes. And because you are already S2 licensed, the price will only be £12.

But you don't need to worry about that yet, as S3 is expected to come out somewhere 2008+ (with emphasis on "+").
#3 - Jakg
no, you will have to pay for an upgrade, which will be £12, although if you are a demo racer you will have to pay £36
I´m sure 2012 GB also will have the €.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Crazy Harry :I´m sure 2012 GB also will have the €.

doubt it, and tbh i'm glad about that!

EDIT - 2012 seems a little far, i say 2008/9
You still believe in Santa Claus?

As i sayed before:
IMHO S3 will never come out. Even 08/09 the engine is much too old to get a lot players to such a game.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Crazy Harry :You still believe in Santa Claus?

of course

It wouldn't surprise me if they tried the Euro, but i can't see there being enough public support (...which of course governments need) to the idea

EDIT - It wouldn't surprise me if S3 was a complete re-vamp, anyway, if S3 is the last then it needs to be damn good, as i suspect that Scawen (and the rest of ScavierGeraldineLeo or however it is by that time) will want to live off LFS for a while, although i can see him finding a new project
thanks guys i dont need too worry then, lol just got s2, glad i did get it tho
So, the obligatory...

Welcome to S2
+1
#11 - Jakg
Quote from chopaholic :Meh not many people here will be playing s3 we will get to bored of waiting.

i'm not bored of waiting, i'm quite happy with all the cars and tracks i have, but demo racers may get bored of 5 tracks and 3 cars, but then you should just get S2
Quote from chopaholic :Meh not many people here will be playing s3 we will get to bored of waiting.

Maybe.
But what about getting the S2 alpha now and wearing -like I do- a shirt that says "I´M AN ALPHA TESTER"?
S2 was supposed to come out what, 2005 ???? Couple months to 2007 and S2 is still alpha :vomit: i would not expect S3 at 2008, actualy, around 2012 and UP (that if devs do finish S2,wich doesnt seem much probable so far,still so much to do)
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Slidaaaa :S2 was supposed to come out what, 2005 ???? Couple months to 2007 and S2 is still alpha :vomit: i would not expect S3 at 2008, actualy, around 2012 and UP (that if devs do finish S2,wich doesnt seem much probable so far,still so much to do)

it WILL get to S3 unless something serious (ie Leo beats up Scawen and breaks all his fingers) happens

And who said S2 was coming in 2005?
Quote from Crazy Harry :I´m sure 2012 GB also will have the €.

There is an art gallery where I live called 2012, it's built onto an old church and they have some interesting things on display at times. But it's always filled with the towns missfits because it is in Church Square, where they (and I used to) hang out.

But they euro wouldn't take off in England for many reasons, one being the only party that wanted to go Euro is labour (the idea got scrapped when people protested it), and they wont be in power for much longer. Though being British kinda sucks to live here, we have the poorest rich people here. We are only poor in England, go anywhere else in the world and we're loaded.
Quote from Jakg :

And who said S3 was coming in 2005?

S2!!!!!:chairs:

@Psycho: That´s possible. Myself would like to have the good old Deutschmark back. Euro suckz.
#17 - Jakg
Many Forums.

Release Live For Speed S2 Alpha Full Public : 24.Juni 2005
#19 - need
Quote from Crazy Harry :Many Forums.

Release Live For Speed S2 Alpha Full Public : 24.Juni 2005

Note the 'Alpha' in there.
Haha, so you're playing S2 Alpha all the time and didn't notice it?

S2 Alpha Full Public != S2 Final
@need: Sure. But also remember we are STILL on Alpha-Status. On 08.10.2006...

@Android: Cmon go play balls outside or something...
[spam]Crazy Harry owned :slap: [/spam]
Seeing as your join date is Oct 2005 I don't know if you've already experienced it, but currently you should be very happy with the progress and amount of updates. Trust me, it could be faar worse. People were going insane prior to S2 Alpha release.
I dont blame the devs for not releasing S2 'final' yet, but i do blame any game dev who takes long to develop but doesnt allow the community to mod it, if Lfs could be modded, be pretty sure MUCH more people would be atracted by for it, and ibe allready playing at Nurburgring racing NSX's or something, and we would probaly have mods like D1.gp to DTM etc...

ps; Proton you not talking to me are you? I play Lfs since april 2003. And NO im not happy whit the amount of updates,i like lfs very much and i wish the best for it, i also think it deserves more attention and updates.
That's a moot point, but afaik there's a whole bunch of people (me included) who think it's actually better that we can't mod yet. It spares us alot of incompatible-version hassle and guarantees us that everything is of high quality.

Also there are many other problems, like how to integrate this custom stuff into LFSW, how to make the modding tools user friendly, how to roll out the often occuring mod-tool upgrades and who is going to answer the million of questions that the release of these tools would bring with? You'd have to write a manual and prepare lots of stuff, all things that need time. And spending more time on that means less actual physics updates.

PS: I don't know who "Proton" is but I was not talking about you.

S3
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG