The online racing simulator
Quote from 510N3D :do fast laps without downforce and slicks thats a challenge. And dont forget to double- declutch like grandma

If anything, that makes it easier. And double-declutch? You guys don't double clutch :ices_rofl You guys are full of it. Do fast laps at a road course if you want a challenge.
Quote from TheDeppchef :Let's assume I have lots of gummy bears. Now you say "Huh.. the _red_ ones are hard to eat!" While that would maybe be true because they're harder to eat than Jaffa Cakes, the statement would only make sense if the majority of other-coloured gummy bears were easier to eat.

I like "gummy bears" and i pretty much dont like "Jaffa Cakes". But thats not a reason for me to have a go on everyone that do likes Jaffa Cakes. Its just not interesting at all. And just because the red ones are hard to eat doesnt means that they do not offers a good taste
I thought it was obvious enough, but apparently it isn't.
gummy bears = turns (and by that I mean all turns, not only on KY )
red gummy bear = T3
Jaffa Cakes = straights/kinks.
Quote from Tweaker : If anything, that makes it easier. And double-declutch? You guys don't double clutch :ices_rofl You guys are full of it. Do fast laps at a road course if you want a challenge.

Oh thank you, i have got some road couse experience. Would be boring to only race the oval or to only race at curcuit tracks. I just cant ignore such a wonderful track like kyoto ring ok but those who can or think they have to, who cares, you miss all the fun, not me

Quote from DeppChef : I thought it was obvious enough, but apparently it isn't.
gummy bears = turns (and by that I mean all turns, not only on KY )
red gummy bear = T3
Jaffa Cakes = straights/kinks.

yeah, im sorry for abusing this example to make myself a bit more clear

Quote from Ger Roady : My first laps where also on the oval, and it is a good track to come into the handling of the cars and in the game . This is the first track where you got banned, so ...

you may have joined Redline Racing first...
Quote from jamesrowe :faster111 has been annoying to most from the start!

and thats a reason to post everywhere that hes a bad driver ? ... yeah right

Quote :i have had reports by other lfs users about you! aint a pretty sight!

i cant think of anybody except kid whom im on bad terms with ... feel free to elaborate
except maybe a few fm members who blow a fuse as soon as you dare to say anything remotely bad about the oval

Quote :to see you being a right pratt, shouting way out of your depths!

do you even notice that youre the one insulting me instead of the other way around ?
Quote from jamesrowe :WTF? :s go away you stupid person!, I said about Faster111 and so did others because he was so consistant about joining everything when he could hardly drive :s, He also started asking alot on MG Forum to join when we have targets :s and dont get me started on becky rose

Its people like you shotglass that seem to make LFS less fun for others , stop having a go at every one! You should generally be nicer!

Why the heck are you bringing faster111 into this conversation anyways? Sure he may seem over-enthuastic at times, but it shows that he truly loves this game. He may have the wrong approach at times, but he has the heart and I don't really care how much skill you have, it should be how much you love the game.

And stop flogging a dead horse please, You did stuff wrong, Becky acted, you are banned. 3 phrases, 1 meaning: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT IS FINISHED!

I think that if you had 1/10th of the love of LFS that Faster111 has, you would be much better, but you treat LFS as it is "Meh whatever, I'M GONNA CRASH IN A RALLY RACE!!!". where as atleast faster shows enthuasium for what he does, but at times gets over-enthuastic.
Quote from Tweaker : You guys are full of it. Do fast laps at a road course if you want a challenge.

Already done. But you still dont know buddy. Oval is fighting the opponents, not the track. IMHO you will never understand. illepall
Quote from Crazy Harry :Already done. But you still dont know buddy. Oval is fighting the opponents, not the track. IMHO you will never understand. illepall

Wtf? All racing is about fighting with the opponents, oval isn't any different. It's just a track.
OMG. Ok, once again:

Most tracks are more difficult to "go around" then the oval. If you catch pole position in a qualification on a circuit track, you can take a start/finish lead and win the race. That´s impossible on oval. That´s all the sentence "Oval is fighting opponents, not fighting the track" is about.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why the heck are you bringing faster111 into this conversation anyways? Sure he may seem over-enthuastic at times, but it shows that he truly loves this game. He may have the wrong approach at times, but he has the heart and I don't really care how much skill you have, it should be how much you love the game.

And stop flogging a dead horse please, You did stuff wrong, Becky acted, you are banned. 3 phrases, 1 meaning: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT IS FINISHED!

I think that if you had 1/10th of the love of LFS that Faster111 has, you would be much better, but you treat LFS as it is "Meh whatever, I'M GONNA CRASH IN A RALLY RACE!!!". where as atleast faster shows enthuasium for what he does, but at times gets over-enthuastic.

Im not complaining! he brought it up, i wanted to leave it in the past! END OF! back to topic!
Quote from Crazy Harry :OMG. Ok, once again:

Most tracks are more difficult to "go around" then the oval. If you catch pole position in a qualification on a circuit track, you can take a start/finish lead and win the race. That´s impossible on oval. That´s all the sentence "Oval is fighting opponents, not fighting the track" is about.

If you're fighting any track, you surely don't belong to racing...
:bowdown: :chicken:

illepall
Quote from Crazy Harry :Already done. But you still dont know buddy. Oval is fighting the opponents, not the track. IMHO you will never understand. illepall

I've never said ANYTHING about fighting opponents and actually racing. I am only seeing what you guys typed "turn 3 is hard", but you would be referring to getting a fast time right (eg quote: "drive fast laps")? You are in a sense fighting the track if you find s specific corner difficult. Getting turn 3 seems to be the hardest because you have to have the right line. That almost has nothing to do with racing opponents (unless you are trying to catch or runaway from an opponent and gain or break space between).

Of course, nobody understands each other when "oval" is put in a sentance. Seems it isn't just each other interpreting words/sentances wrong, it is each other not understanding a common ground or at least agreeing that some things are just bogus.... everyone is for themselves because they "know better" :rolleyes:. Or rather only one addicted oval team is in here and backing each other up... this is like Napolean and his posse.

Oval racers of S2 are as comparable to the Drag racers of S1... only you guys are more polite with your seriousness for driving in circles rather than boasting how fast you are in a straight line
Quote from bbman :If you're fighting any track, you surely don't belong to racing...

You always sound like having no brain at all. Keep flaming, have a nice life. illepall
Oh my, I forgot to add a personal insult in my post... Thank god you got that checked for me...
WHY don't we clear this once and for all:

4 Track Challenge: KY1, KY1_REV, Westhill, AS_north. each time a 2h race. For Cars, i would suggest the BF1 or some GTRs.

We don't see who is faster or not, but maybe each party starts finding out why the other ones like driving oval/circuit.

I´m in
Quote from Fischfix :
We don't see who is faster or not, but maybe each party starts finding out why the other ones like driving oval/circuit.

Even though you say it won't be for finding out who is faster, it will still create prejudice between the two depending on who wins. If there was a "showdown" or "battle" between two groups, isn't that to prove something? Lets not make LFS into 'gang wars' illepall

Oval racers are in their own world and level of expertise. As are circuit drivers, and drifters too. The drifters had finally created their own community (torque) after the public had hated them as much as we hate oval racers now. Now the drifters have learned to not disrupt anything, and are actually not all that bad as they used to be back in S1. If there is going to be groups that are so divided with this game, then there needs to be communities for each, so one will not disturb another and just view each other not by who is 'better', but by what they love to do and what they represent.
Hmm.. I like all kind of racing in LFS. Mostly oval of course but I must say if all my buddies from the Fragmaster/Ventrilo Community would switch to another track, I will follow sooner or later. Actually we drive all kind of tracks. Oval, Circuit and Drifting (drifting sometimes is real fun with friends in voice chat)

IMHO lfs without any voice chat is half the fun. Many of us stay in the VC for several hours every day. First thing I do after starting the pc is starting the ventrilo client. Its like Little Computer People. =)
So we have a very good knowing of each other. Maybe you should try that out before you judge the closest kind of racing (ovaaaal)

And if you call a race-challenge "gang wars"... then let´s have a gang war

IMHO your problem and mistake is to think about lfs racers in different ways.
Drifter? Oval Racers? Circuit Racers? BS! RACERS!
No, you are getting the wrong idea. Fischfix said there should be a duel. But rather this would only make things worse. And if people are so fixated with making oval racers of LFS like a new "Drifters" of LFS, then they'd have to have their own community so it wouldn't bother people as much as it does now. However, many Oval racers don't like only oval racing and do road racing too. No problem with that, and it should be known they like other forms of motorsport. However, the point of a unique community is so that these constant feuds between the groups are not present all the time, and the group(s) can keep their fanaticism to themselves, so we don't act like this.... it just ruins the ENTIRE LFS community.... when the community is supposed to be a nice blend of different groups. But seeing how people act, it seems many of us would be better off it is was divided.

The drift community did this, and it was a great move. They have their own little neighborhood, and don't mind if you stop by and learn a few things from them. They like their own community, and it has worked out great for them. They really no longer have the public humiliation like back in S1.... it is nice. Plus it seems they have a set of rules or etiquette teaching them not to be so high-and-mighty about how they think drifting is better. They LEARN a lot.

Oval racers don't have to do something like this, but it is better off that multiple groups and multiple opinions don't clash about who is right, what is better, and how opposing views are being "judgemental"--- that's all you think about Harry. You get the wrong idea... yet you say I have the wrong idea. I am only saying something that could possibly benefit your unique group of fans, yet you think I am saying you are stupid or something illepall

EDIT: Because there are people that ONLY come online to race oval in a given night, and that applies to what people like to do in LFS. Drifters go in drift servers, Oval racers go in oval servers, and so on. It doesn't mean you aren't allowed in one of those servers, you can still jump around. But I'd probably only know 1 or 2 people on an oval server versus the hundreds of people on a circuit racing server. The same is probably for you, you obviously know lots of people in oval racing too.
Quote from Tweaker :...
The drift community did this, and it was a great move. They have their own little neighborhood, and don't mind if you stop by and learn a few things from them...

I´m sure they had the same stuff in this forum before like the so called oval racers have now. I don´t remember any post or thread where oval racers say something against circuit racing. But this happens MANY MANY times the other way. I´m sure the drifters had the same problems and leave. I don´t like the idea to split a game cummunity. If people stay out of discussions they don´t belong to, everything will be a little bit easier. Think about that.
Quote from Thorvertonian :People want another oval in the game, I have just found the perfect track for them, the Lingotto test circuit, built by FIAT on top of their factory!

http://www.rebel.net/%7Efuturist/trucco.jpg

http://www.usc.edu/dept/archit ... /ghirardo/CD3/010-CD3.jpg

Superb test track!

Yes I would love to see another Oval,
Although it would have to be ran by the FM Community, these guys know how to do their stuff and always get it right.
FM community keep up the good work and the happiness that surrounds you all.
See the Fragmaster web site at
www.fragmaster.net

Bye the way,, this thread is without Predudice to other sponsors
#98 - th84
Quote from Crazy Harry :If people stay out of discussions they don´t belong to, everything will be a little bit easier

This is a PUBLIC forum. Either you agree or disagree, that dont mean they have less of a right to post than you do. I think you get the wrong idea when you see the "oval basher's". I have no problem with the oval... it can be quite fun with the right group of people. But some of the bad apple's give the oval the reputation that it has now. A bristol type oval would be much better suited for lfs imho.

Quote from poops258 :Although it would have to be ran by the FM Community, these guys know how to do their stuff and always get it right.

Is there more than one [FM] community now?

I love you Harry!!
:monkey:
another question would be, what should the oval community do (if there do exists something like that) with only a single track? ok, with rev and all the cars you have got a lot of combos but thats still only one single oval track. Anyway, i see myself as a person that mainly uses the oval in lfs because it offers, with the right opponents, more close and intensive races then at any other track. That does not exclude that im using the curcuit tracks as well. And i believe im not the only one doing so and tbo those who only drive one single combo miss everything else that lfs offers.

But why on earth should i blame someone for what he is doing?

Because i dont like doing it? True. "Why should everyone else having fun there and i dont? Remove it because i cant live with that."

Thats how the so called "Oval Bashers" act. (such a shame something like that has to be named)

To give a corresponding reply on those brainless comments is not allways easy but you cant expect anything positive. I have seen quite a few neutral oval conversations in here but it seems to be hard for some guys to keep it on that level.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG