The online racing simulator
Hummer, marmite car??
(45 posts, started )
i think hummers belong in the middle east shooting terrorists. and as for people who use big 4x4`s in citys, they need to be shot at aswell, or mibi thtas going to far, but they should still just buy a normal car.
Quote from Blackout :But about the Hummers and SUVs, I hate them. Every time I see one of those I feel I should go and shoot the owner in the face.

Maybe that's why they make the bullet-proof SUVs
Here is the video of the h2 breaking the steering arm, you can hear it crack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwq-A6dsQGM
I dont really like the h2, its to damn ugly,unfuctional,not economic, it just sucks.

Whats you guys thoghts on the original h1?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That's the thing. Most new SUV's are made just to run around town, and when it comes to going offroad they get stuck driving over gravel. I've seen videos of super costly SUV's getting stuck in anything and the cheaper 4x4 made for such a task towing it out. Though the best is a H2 driving over a rock no higher than the tips of my boots and snapping the steering arm.

Heh, yeah. I dispatch tow trucks at work, and it's always good for a chuckle sending someone to "recover" a supposed 4x4 suv stuck in an inch of mud in their driveway, or 5' from pavement in sand at the beach or river. Whether they don't know how to operate the equipment or just that the vehicles themselves are worthless for going off the road, it's still pretty darn funny (Especially when they're too far out for our cables and get washed away in the ocean muahaha!)
Quote from _rod_ :Here is the video of the h2 breaking the steering arm, you can hear it crack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwq-A6dsQGM
I dont really like the h2, its to damn ugly,unfuctional,not economic, it just sucks.

Whats you guys thoghts on the original h1?

Haha. That is a funny video. Just shows how crap Hummers actually are.
Without exception, the only people who need SUV's in the UK are either farmers or people who live in remote areas.

And if the highways agency could be arsed to resurface the roads, the second group could be removed from the list.
I don't think its the trucks, most of the time it's the drivers.

Couple of years ago we had some ice on the road where I live (rare occasion) and I noticed a very perculiar sight. A guy on a Jeep Cherokee 4x4 stuck on a half inch of ice. He was sitting in this huge truck with his gas pedal to the floor spinning the wheels like crazy. It didn't cross his mind to pump the pedal gently and roll of the ice patch, or as a last resort give the truck a slight push from the back. I just shook my head, got into my front wheel drive Ford, and drove away.

Bottom line, people can't drive
Quote from silver bullet :I don't think its the trucks, most of the time it's the drivers.

Couple of years ago we had some ice on the road where I live (rare occasion) and I noticed a very perculiar sight. A guy on a Jeep Cherokee 4x4 stuck on a half inch of ice. He was sitting in this huge truck with his gas pedal to the floor spinning the wheels like crazy. It didn't cross his mind to pump the pedal gently and roll of the ice patch, or as a last resort give the truck a slight push from the back. I just shook my head, got into my front wheel drive Ford, and drove away.

Bottom line, people can't drive

another example, at a feild where my dad fleis his model planes, it gets really muddy at the entrance, but we always make it in no problem in our estate car (even if it is a rover ) because we get speed up so that we dont have to acceelarete much in the mud. other people seem to go in slowly, and then put their foot down, which just digs them further into the mud. idiots.
When it snows/ices over in this country it amazes me to see how many people don't know how to drive on ice. So many people just wheelspin, and slam the brakes on like normal. Then wonder why they don't stop so well. Or just creep along at 3mph on a long flat road when cars in the other lane are doing a steady 30 without an issue. If they have no confidence or ability to do it, why insist on popping down the shop in the car instead of walking.

But getting back on topic, I live in the sticks and range rovers/pickup trucks are common down here. This I can understand, because a lot of the people down here live on a farm, or in a village only accessible by poor single track roads. But no H2's..think if someone tried driving one down the road I live on, it'd get stuck because they're so big. I can't see any pratical reason to own one at all. Infact subaru's are quite popular down here as well, I guess because the 4WD.
If I had a choice between an H2 and a Subaru, I'd take the Hummer

Then I'd sell it and buy a used Subaru and $30,000 in music equipment and a new computer

Saw a tricked out H2 at the auto show today and thought about the great cartoon Vain posted and had a good laugh. "Now Everyone Knows"

Great car show we have here once a year though. Drooled over some old Corvettes and Mustangs and 40s cars and all sorts of great automobiles. Even saw an LX6!!
Quote from Captain Slow :(even if it is a rover )

Have no shame in Rover : buy British *lol.

* I admit, our starter motors suck
I thought the starter motor was the only good bit about the last Rover 416 I drove actually, quite powerful. More so than the actual engine at times.

If you wanna buy british, go buy an LTI (London Taxi).
Quote from Captain Slow :another example, at a feild where my dad fleis his model planes, it gets really muddy at the entrance, but we always make it in no problem in our estate car (even if it is a rover ) because we get speed up so that we dont have to acceelarete much in the mud. other people seem to go in slowly, and then put their foot down, which just digs them further into the mud. idiots.

Reminds me of when I was on holiday, as you do we went to the beach to get sand in our sammiches, drinks, eyes, clothing, shoes. You know the normal beach things.

Saw a lil zookie sammie on the beach after him blasting around the little channels (the tide had gone out) and such, he went to leave, shot up the hill out and wham, gets stuck. We laughed, and helped get him out (as you do), a few minutes later we saw an old banger of a car (forget what) FWD, finish unloaded beach gear, BBQ, towels, food, gnats piss, so on and so forth and make the same trip up the hill, he made it out without a problem.

Most drivers don't know how to drive, they only know how to pass a test. You only learn to drive once you pass your test and really drive your car. The problem is most people think "awesome I passed my test, I can drive".
Quote from Rtsbasic :I thought the starter motor was the only good bit about the last Rover 416 I drove actually, quite powerful. More so than the actual engine at times.

Land Rover ones pack up every 15 minutes. I've seen plenty of Landys with ****ed up starter motors.
I just found this link on another forum and just laughed my ass off. Everything in Texas is bigger, just not where it counts
Quote from Rtsbasic :I thought the starter motor was the only good bit about the last Rover 416 I drove actually, quite powerful. More so than the actual engine at times.

If you wanna buy british, go buy an LTI (London Taxi).

aah you cant blame rover for the engine, they have peugout engines. (atleast ours does, and a honda gear box.)

interestinly enough, there was a lotus elise in for a service at a garage not to far away, that had a rover angine.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I just found this link on another forum and just laughed my ass off. Everything in Texas is bigger, just not where it counts

Oh my god!

Who would make it into a cop car. What's the point!
Quote from Ghostelites :Ive seen loads of posts on other forums with lots of different view about the hummer H2

on one side of the coin its very very 'blinging' as its now said and a very cool car,

but then it costs around £60,000 and does around 5mpg?

Do you like it? or do you hate it?

I wouldn't say this was a Marmite car. Marmite is either loved or hated by people. The hummer is hated by me that's for sure. But my guess is those that 'love' it have never actually tried it (unlike Marmite). Therefore it cannot be a Marmite car. In fact, to call it a car is kinda misleading. Big 'ol piece of crap.
Quote from silver bullet :When you see a man driving an H2 you know he's compensating for something.

When you see a woman driving an H2 get the hell off the road before she runs you off the road (women shouldn't be allowed driving cars more than half a tonn)

Lucky this is a male dominated forum mate. I thought I'd stepped back to the 19th century for a minute there!
Quote from Gentlefoot :I wouldn't say this was a Marmite car. Marmite is either loved or hated by people. The hummer is hated by me that's for sure. But my guess is those that 'love' it have never actually tried it (unlike Marmite). Therefore it cannot be a Marmite car. In fact, to call it a car is kinda misleading. Big 'ol piece of crap.

Nope. Big piece of junk that guzzles gas faster than a guy who can drink a pint in 30 seconds and is made out of a box that looks like metal piece of crap.

Got it?

oh by the way if no one has noticed yet, I hate it.

Hummer, marmite car??
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG