The online racing simulator
This conversation is one of them ones where you agree with for and against points. You don't know what to choose.

Quote from Gunn :It was Richard Hammond's wife who asked that people donate the money to the service rather than send flowers, so it is perfectly understandable to see many people donating to this cause even though they might not have normally thought about doing so before. This information makes the argument above seem a bit silly. Not only are the donations a positive outcome but the exposure helps to highlight the financial challenges that the service faces every day and brings awareness to millions of people, also a positive outcome.

Agree

Quote from Rappa Z :It does not take a celebraty(sp) to make people donate. Does anyone remember Huricane Katrina? Any celebraties in that?

The ambulance saved him(basically), and as said, someone you know may need it, you might need it!

Agree

Quote from tristancliffe :I agree with you bbman - totally!! The Air Ambulance is and has been a going concern, and people should do something to help in their own way NOT just because a celebrity needed it, but because, perhaps, THEY might need it, or a close family member, or a friend. Some people donate directly, others assist by sponsership or events (Mile of Triumphs for example, which was this weekend in Norfolk to raise money for the local air ambulance).

However, as hard as I find it to believe, some people will only hear about this service when it's brought into the public eye by a 'celebrity' accident, and it's never too late to support such a venture.

So, don't support the air ambulance because of the celebrity, but support it for your own reasons after hearing about it, perhaps after something like Hammonds accident. As the National Lottery slogan (used to?) say : It Could Be You!

Back on topic, how is he doing? I've been out all day, and I've not checked Google News yet...

Agree.

I agree with all these points. And they all contain for and against points.
What a pointless argument.

People donate when it suits them, or when something prompts them to do so. How many donations are made by people who wake up one morning and think......"hmm I'll make a donation today, let me do some research so that I can find a deserving charity and support them in the long term"?
Not many. I assume the critics of people donating because of the Hammond accident have never given money to man in a shop-doorway, or bought a badge/flower/local equivalent from someone on the door, because it would be a donation made on the spur of the moment (the guilt-prompted kind of donation).

Besides all this: what gives anyone the right to questions people's motives behind a donation to a charity?

There are no "against" points when it comes to donations to honest charities.
^ That man speaks the truth

Calum
Quote from Blackout :Ofcourse the show will not be put down, but it seems the new series will be delayed.

That's from BBC News

Shame that. I was reading some of what they're doing in TG mag today, Miami to New Orleans TG style meeting The Stig's hillbilly cousin on the way?

'Ave it!
Quote from PCCD :Shame that. I was reading some of what they're doing in TG mag today, Miami to New Orleans TG style meeting The Stig's hillbilly cousin on the way?

'Ave it!

WOW. That sounds absolutely hilarious. That would be amazing.
Apparently he wants the crash to be shown on Top Gear
Well, you can imagine clarky goin "How did you manage to do that?!" or simular ^^
Well at least hammond is ok now, and from what i hear Top Gear is coming, and staying back on air. It also seems hamster wants to get back on TV to stop Top Gear ending (Good boy hammond), because the crazy environmentalists are having a fit over Top Gears "bad safety record"...... i dont think so, go back to tree hugging please.....
A quote from an MP.... "and in 1999 a group of MPs criticised the series for being "obsessed with acceleration and speed"..... it is TOP GEAR..... not 1ST GEAR, god MP's, dont you just love to hate them?
Quote from Bradracer :Well at least hammond is ok now, and from what i hear Top Gear is coming, and staying back on air. It also seems hamster wants to get back on TV to stop Top Gear ending (Good boy hammond)

:elefant:
Quote from Bradracer :Well at least hammond is ok now, and from what i hear Top Gear is coming, and staying back on air. It also seems hamster wants to get back on TV to stop Top Gear ending (Good boy hammond), because the crazy environmentalists are having a fit over Top Gears "bad safety record"...... i dont think so, go back to tree hugging please.....
A quote from an MP.... "and in 1999 a group of MPs criticised the series for being "obsessed with acceleration and speed"..... it is TOP GEAR..... not 1ST GEAR, god MP's, dont you just love to hate them?

Well all that is great news.
Yeah thanks for posting.
Thats fine.... more news when i receive it
Quote from Bradracer :Well at least hammond is ok now, and from what i hear Top Gear is coming, and staying back on air. It also seems hamster wants to get back on TV to stop Top Gear ending (Good boy hammond), because the crazy environmentalists are having a fit over Top Gears "bad safety record"...... i dont think so, go back to tree hugging please.....

What bad safety record?

Clarkson himself has said that in the 20 odd years TG has been going in it's various forms Hammond is the first person to end up in hospital with an injury like this.

The next most serious injury in TG's current form is a broken thumb by Clarkson while crashing on purpose into a brick wall.

That's a helluva safety record considering the stunts they do.

Heck the MP for hell and speed cameras has been on the show as has an MP for the Green party (fastest political party, worth it for the send up of election night).

Damn enviromentalists!

GO CLARKSON!
Probably meant BBC's(bad) safety record
Quote from PCCD :What bad safety record?

Clarkson himself has said that in the 20 odd years TG has been going in it's various forms Hammond is the first person to end up in hospital with an injury like this.

The next most serious injury in TG's current form is a broken thumb by Clarkson while crashing on purpose into a brick wall.

That's a helluva safety record considering the stunts they do.

Heck the MP for hell and speed cameras has been on the show as has an MP for the Green party (fastest political party, worth it for the send up of election night).

Damn enviromentalists!

GO CLARKSON!

thats why i said it in speech marks"""""", because that is what the MP's say. They think TG has bad safety record, but obviously they are wrong
I'd love to see these MPs proof of TG's bad safety record. If anything so we can see the lads at their best when insulting something
Great news
I'm sure TG presenters are made out the same stuff Toyota Hilluxs are.

Either that or there's someone upstairs who's a TG fan.

A quick rant here:

Fair play on the BBC's part delaying TG while RH recovers, but replacing Sunday night's best of TG with Battle of the Geeks hosted by a Mr R.Hammond just makes a mockery of that.

That and Sky are still showing Brainiac episodes hosted by Hammond. I fully expect Time Commanders to be on next week
Quote from PCCD :I'm sure TG presenters are made out the same stuff Toyota Hilluxs are.

That made me think: Since the hilux is up on a podium of sorts, will the dragster be too? Or will it be to morbid?
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :That made me think: Since the hilux is up on a podium of sorts, will the dragster be too? Or will it be to morbid?

I'd think the owners may want it back.
Yeah, i didn't really think about that.
Have you heard about the donor hoax? Someone pledged £50,000, but when they came to take the cash the bank rejected it.

Link. Some people suck.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG