The online racing simulator
What makes a race for you?
(45 posts, started )

Poll : What do you look for in a race?

A ruddy good scrap, win or lose, down to the line
working my way up the grid and being happy with a place in top half of the grid
working my way up the grid and then winning
finishing a race without wrecking your car.
Winning!!!!! nothing else!
I dont have a good start to win ratio and I dont win that much, I mostly enjoy close racing with good friends. Nose to tail for however many laps, the feeling of being in control, on the edge, just mm from someone else is great for me.
Well considering I completed my first race today I gotta say it's awesome when you start 10th and slowly pick your way up the pack that's just an awesome feeling and also seeing yourself beat your personal best and knowing everyone else knows your improving lol
I love overtaking, so for me it would be the battle...but then i thought...i am always dissapointed if i don't win regardless of the battle.

Although i would rather place 3rd having started 23rd than finish 1st starting from pole position...i hate starting at the front, its just boring.
I enjoy spamming "BLUE FLAG n00b!!11!!11", punting backmarkers, blocking passing drivers, leaning on the horn etc. and watching the poor sods get distracted by it and ending up in a wall. Usually if it's the last lap and I'm not in the lead I driver the wrong way and wreck the leaders.

Occasionally I do get my kicks from having a good battle with someone, whether or not I win

*edit: Having said that, in long (read: endu) races I take immense gratification from driving according to a well thought-out strategy, and perform well due to consistency, making no mistakes and gaining time in the pits. Doesn't happen often though. Actually ever. Never.
I've always enjoyed it as long as the racing is good and I've driven well. Whether that leaves me in 20th or 1st I don't really mind.
A damn good scrap is all I'm after :up: No fun being way in front (or way behind) and lapping all by myself, especially if it's a 5 or 10 lap sprint, which are pretty much the only LFS races I do these days. I'd rather be fighting for second-last and having a great time than leading by 10 seconds in a 5-lapper.
#32 - Goop
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :i hate starting at the front, its just boring.

I disagree. If there's someone putting the pressure on, I find it anything but boring... test of cajones and all that.

(lapping by yourself is a bit shit, regardless of where you sit in the field.)
if you are in XRR... starting 1st is like starting 6th in FZR on aston national
The closer the battle the wider the smile

...or something like that

Starting from the front is always boring, to me at least
Being able to race above my skill level on the particular combo, and thus improve. Maybe finding a new spot to overtake or a new line that's not advantageus when aiming for good laptime, but useful in a tight race.

Tight battle always makes me smile.
What makes a race for me is having a close battle with another racer who respects me enough to back off when they should and pass when they have the right oppertunity and vice versa. Unfortunaly as LFS has become more popular the number of racers that act this way are becoming a smaller and smaller group when compaired to the whole.

To the dork I met this afternoon, I would just like to say that trying to out brake me on the outside of a corner when you have achieved no overlap at the braking point was a stipid move. I moved out to setup for the corner antisipating you would back off and pass in a better place. You had the speed, you would have passed, it was just a matter of time. Pressing there was a poor choice, being fast is not all there is to being a good racer.

Sorry had to get that off my chest, and did not want to start a new thread.
sticking a car up the outside of someone not on their race line is a great racing tactic imho. Just because you're in front doesn't mean you have full choice of the road - you just get the luxury of continuing your current line unimpeded.
#38 - aoun
What makes a race for me?

Having that bumper to bumper close wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap after lap, fighting with less then tenths slower against the other racer. But at the end of the day i want to be the one in 1st. Thats what we all want deeply. :P.
hmm what makes a race for me, well must be LFS

no really i enjoy when someone who is closely matched in speed as I am and has a good battle with me however i do prefer to chase than be chased but aslong as i have some fun racing than forever i shall be satisfied.

Winning in lfs doesnt bother me as much unless its in a league, ofcourse i would like to win and be the fastest driver on the team, who wouldnt but really aslong as i have some fun during the 1h30m race than i am happy.

mad
I like it when your team mate passes you on the last lap and thinks he has won it, only for you to spin him out before the line! mwwwwwhahahahahahahahaahahhahahaaha

ooh im a wrecker I couldn't resist it!

sorry Al

Anyway, I prefer a good scrap over a few laps or so.
What about a good clean race neck and neck
If all the people in a race know the track and know how to handle their car. If this is the case you mostly get good races with fair and clean fights.
Then it was a good race no matter on what position I finish.
going your pace, having good fights, finish without crashing. having fun.
Luckily for me, I enjoy getting T-boned or shunted on the first corner, so most LFS races with large fields work out really well from my point of view.
#45 - Goop
lucky bugger, you are so set

What makes a race for you?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG