The online racing simulator
Maybe the car should of had the Top Gear spoiler on it?
And why not have the Stig drive it?
Bad, Richard...bad

Hold on...I want to see more TG in future
#28 - axus
Really sad news
On a different note.
Didn't I start this thread?
So why was it hijacked?
Just gutted at the news and I hope to hell he recovers from this... Thank god he's still alive from the crash itself!

He really is such a talented TV presenter, not just in Top Gear but in Brainiac and of course his old ITV show during the afternoon.
NOOOOOOOOOooooooo,,,,,,,............ . . . .
Not the cute one !

I'm actually quite gutted, I hope he gets better and is able to resume working as a presenter.

Well at least Jeremy can stop winding him up about having whitened teath now, because he'll be too busy winding him up about having straightened teath!
Wouldn't surprise me if this was all a big stunt - but I don't want the guy hurt either, he winds Clarkson up which can only be a good thing.

Quote from Stew2000 :On a different note.
Didn't I start this thread?
So why was it hijacked?

I think you'll find a diligent moderator merged your thread with SamH's earlier thread on the same topic.
He couldn't go to any salt flats to do this, we don't have any in England AFAIK
Quote :I think you'll find a diligent moderator merged your thread with SamH's earlier thread on the same topic.

That would explain it... I think.
Shocking. Really, really hope it's not as bad as it could be and he fully recovers.
Thats awful news. Get well soon Hamster
news24 will have an update at 11
Oh no.
Last time I was more shocked when I opened my TV on september 11, 2001.

I really hope he gets well soon. Top Gear is not the same without him. But it is still just a TV program and there are people to whom he is important and loved just as a family member or a friend. To those this must be much worse. Maybe they don't read this, but I wish them all the strength on these difficult times.
I love him... in a fellow car driver way.

Hope he recovers quickly and fully. As an American, I have to watch the show off the internet, but it highlights my weeks when i get to see the show. The show blows any type of us car show out of the water.

Get better Hamster!
From one Rodent to another, get well soon Hampster, Topgear fans need you..
Really really sad Hope he will be okay and return to TG. Good luck Richard
This was the car:

The Vampire.
"0-272 in six seconds, The car is theoretically capable of 370mph."
Nothing new on the update on BBC News
no news is good news

wish they'd get a decent reporter, its bloody disgracefull that bbc cant cover a story about one of its major stars with someone who actually knows about him in depth

also notice the bbc are still sticking to their "if its not on BBC then it doesnt exist " policy regarding braniac

good luck hampster
The Vampire...that's...FAST illepall

And why Stig didn't drive? Not that I want Stig to get hurt, but usually he drives very fast and dangerous stuff...like koenigsegggggg without rear wing etc.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
well i was just watching bbc news 24 and they said thats his condition is stable
Quote from thisnameistaken :The Stig's probably a professional racing driver with a restrictive contract. Pottering around in sports cars is quite different to going 250mph+ in a jet-propelled roller skate.

Probally the most plausible anwser.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from tinvek :wish they'd get a decent reporter, its bloody disgracefull that bbc cant cover a story about one of its major stars with someone who actually knows about him in depth

Is Top Gear actually produced by the BBC? Regardless of whether it is or not I think it is a perfectly respectable for them to air on the cautious side of disclosing information and treat it like a normal news story. Having other people who know him well talk would both be very hard on them and potentially make it seem like they're giving this story too much attention.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG