The online racing simulator
Quote from Rtsbasic :Wonder if the shifter will be any good or not..apparently the ones they had a few months ago felt pretty sloppy.

From what I understand, the ones they had about at the time were demonstration models, not production models. One of the goals of it was to take notes on 'areas for improvement', and because everyone complained about the shifter...

Lets just hope Logitech listened
Quote from thisnameistaken :Does anyone know how "limited" the G25 actually is?

It's estimated at 100,000 units to be produced.

Add that all up, that's a lot of money they will be making
I'll make the switch to G25, but from the Momo Black.

I'm not that disatisfied with the Black, I just think the G25 will be that much better. Plus I'm worried about the age of my current one ( about 2 years of hard use).

I'll keep it around for banger racing, though
( or put it in the G25 box and return it for a refund, as someone suggested in another post).
I'll think I'll do that swap soon
I will buy it in 6 months or so, after Christmas. That way I can get a nice present for my wife, and hopefully she wont murder me for investing $300 on a toy for a computer game.

As of right now, my DFP is a good piece of equipment, and not something I would want to discard too quickly.
Ive already pre-ordered mine . 245€ ... it's not that expensive after all.
I've ordered mine just yesterday for 220 €... Luckiest are the germans (as always), I found one for 200 €, but I would never say where...
Quote from bbman :I've ordered mine just yesterday for 220 €... Luckiest are the germans (as always), I found one for 200 €, but I would never say where...

Yes but with the shipping fies, it'll cost me about the same.

Nope you're wrong, luckiest are the richest .

It doesnt matter how much I pay as long as i have mine .

Edit: I've found the store where youv'e found the wheel for 200€, but why didnt you buy on it ? Is there any probleme with that store ? Ive actually pre-ordered, but I still havent paid. So do you have any feedback concerning the store ?
300€ in Finland, delivery in October.
I bet you central europe racers will get yours weeks before I do :|
Quote from Tanpax :Yes but with the shipping fies, it'll cost me about the same.

Nope you're wrong, luckiest are the richest .

It doesnt matter how much I pay as long as i have mine .

Edit: I've found the store where youv'e found the wheel for 200€, but why didnt you buy on it ? Is there any probleme with that store ? Ive actually pre-ordered, but I still havent paid. So do you have any feedback concerning the store ?

It's the same reason as you: I didn't order it abroad as shipping would get me to the same price as in the store I ordered it where I can go to and get it myself...
i am starting to really become obsessed. i cant stop checking websites -_-.
Quote from Gabkicks :i am starting to really become obsessed. i cant stop checking websites -_-.

. The videos on Youtube have confirmed my thoughs ... It have to be mine.
Definately gonna get one after seeing how fast it snaps back, might stick with my old shifter though, the logi one doesn't look like its very solid compared to the Act Labs one.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Definately gonna get one after seeing how fast it snaps back, might stick with my old shifter though, the logi one doesn't look like its very solid compared to the Act Labs one.

This is the sound it makes when you plug it in and it does a self calibration test from lock to lock in 900 degree mode. At around the 10 sec mark is when it starts from one side and goes to the other.

http://www.filesend.net/downlo ... 4151ef497e763e55f4373481f

It is approximately 3 seconds to spin fully in one direction.
Despite the fact I have ECCI pedals (only two pedals, might have to upgrade them then), and despite the fact I am in love with Frex gear (which requires a DFP) I have bitten the bullet at pre-ordered my very own G25 from Komplett...

I'm not even entirely convinced about some aspects of the design (lack of wheel buttons, but I guess I don't need clutch and neutral anymore, so they can be look left/right, and the wheel is a little big for me), but the shifter, clutch pedal and metallic construction have won me over.

Apparently they are shipping them on the 13th October, so I have a couple of weeks (or three) waiting anxiously. And I don't play LFS that much either, so I must either love LFS or be a complete fool. Or both.

But I'm grinning with anticipation anyway
Quote from Tweaker :This is the sound it makes when you plug it in and it does a self calibration test from lock to lock in 900 degree mode. At around the 10 sec mark is when it starts from one side and goes to the other.

http://www.filesend.net/downlo ... 4151ef497e763e55f4373481f

It is approximately 3 seconds to spin fully in one direction.

It makes the self calibration only when plugging the cable? Not when you restart computer?

Sometimes my MOMO has made lock-to-lock self calibration (usually after computer crash) while loading Windows and it has almost fell off to the floor because hasn't been attached to the table.

ps. there is something really f*cked up in that .mp3 file. BSplayer completely crashed, took 98 % CPU Usage and it took 3 mins to get Ctrl+Alt+Del menu so I could shut it down. :mad: With Media Player Classic it worked...
Restarting the computer or plugging into USB, it does the self calibration no matter what.

MP3 works fine here. Its a crap one converted from Windows Sound Recorder though, lol. I have no clue what BSPlayer is, I use Winamp
Quote from Tweaker :Restarting the computer or plugging into USB, it does the self calibration no matter what.

well that really sucks then Are you sure it's not a test version "feature"? I can't have it attached to the table all the time. I guess I have to disconnect the cable when it's not attached to the table. Looks like if I don't it will fell 70 cm straight to the floor everytime I start my computer...

ps. BSplayer is just a media player, I think I have had similar tilting problem with some other files too. Maybe the codec in the files are somehow fubar or then it's a fault in the player.
Well sure, plug it in when you want to use it. No sense in having it just sit there plugged in for however long you don't play. I've left it plugged in when I restart, and when it is just sitting/resting on top of my desk, but it never falls off, lol.
I just realised that... well I can't explain in English so made this extremely well drawn picture:

I don't know have you had black MOMO but as you see the actual steering wheel touches the table when it just sits there.

So is it like that with G25? At least it looks like in the pictures. If yes then I guess I don't need to worry about this.
Hahahah, yeah that'd be right then. LOL. I see what you mean with that MOMO black, I didn't know it rests like that.
thanks
When I'm not using my wheel, it sits in the place where in a desk the computer should go, the open side with a little floor on it. It just sits there, unplugged, with its ass up, so it's on the wheel itself.
just picked up myG25 today woohoo

very smooth action on wheel pedals are superb with good weighting, gear selector also accurate. All components havew agood quality feel. ill post more as i get used to it..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG