The online racing simulator
Hackers alert / license rental
(189 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :Please don't send us all the information. We can't just take your info and start banning accounts.

I know you are trying to help but we cannot spend every minute of our lives investigating Turkish LFS racers. I am a software developer trying to find a bit of time to do some actual development. I am not a underpaid policeman and I'm start to get fed up looking into all this rubbish. Even if you are trying to help, it just takes more of my time, not less.

This is the part I can't understand. Shrug

You can't just say something that makes no sense at all, and expect me to take that as a reason for something.

Alright ill make sure. We were just making sure our accusation were backed up by actual proof. I understand what you mean.

When i come to the "They sell the TC money for rl money" part.

We were explaining the main idea of the teams using multiple accounts to make money. We don't have the exact proof of teams selling the TC money but we seen that they transfer bif amounts of money (360k - 100k) between their accounts whic we sent screenshots of this happening. There is also excel and google document files, forms about how much real life money they made from each person wiht their names. I can explain further if you would want it.

I wanna say again i understand what you said and we will make sure to not make any more time wasting from your part🙏🏻👍🏻
Quote from Bruhmomento :Alright ill make sure. We were just making sure our accusation were backed up by actual proof. I understand what you mean.

When i come to the "They sell the TC money for rl money" part.

We were explaining the main idea of the teams using multiple accounts to make money. We don't have the exact proof of teams selling the TC money but we seen that they transfer bif amounts of money (360k - 100k) between their accounts whic we sent screenshots of this happening. There is also excel and google document files, forms about how much real life money they made from each person wiht their names. I can explain further if you would want it.

I wanna say again i understand what you said and we will make sure to not make any more time wasting from your part🙏🏻👍🏻

There is form applications for the ones who want to join the "Free S3 by making money on TC" and excel files from another old team whic says how much a player made on the rent accounts, their irl names + how much real life money they made from that account. I couldnt explain that part properly, i did it now. Sorry👍🏻👍🏻
This issue seems to create more and more chaos. I will keep silent about the answers given to me because I will not gain anything. Anyone can believe whatever they want to believe.

As for selling in-game money... Yes, there is such a thing and I am pretty sure that LFS developers are aware of it. Because there are many messages in the TC in-game chat saying that your money will be taken.

In fact, trading is a must to play any game (online rp games). Where there is no trade, the server crashes.

In conclusion, I think it will not be difficult for LFS developers to control who receives gift cards. Of course, he can take as much as he wants, but people ask this in their own minds. Why does one person buy so many gift cards? This is legal yes. Using a debit or credit card in more than one account is also something that can be detected.

I already said I don't care. If someone is buying, selling or renting accounts, that's LFS and the player's problem. Even if we report this, no solution will be provided. Game opportunities show this.

If we detect these people and ban them, this time there will be no players left in the game. A sad truth...

Forgive me if there are any translation errors. I just wanted to make one last comment on this.
Thanks.

I am probably being dense but I still don't get why TC money is worth real money. As far as I knew, TC money isn't a real currency, though it is probably more stable than crypto rubbish.

Maybe I could understand if I knew who the buyers are, which type of person hands over their real money to buy TC money?
https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=stats&type=money

You know this connection. The first place and second place person are in the game 24/7. I don't understand who and why is playing so many games, but everything can be understood from this list.

I really don't understand either. I am a new player, but I do not enter the TC server and earn money. I just ride and get out. Apparently there are people who sold the game money and need real money or need a new S3 license. Why wouldn't they... You play games and they pay you ahahahah

I said it was my last post but this is the last one for sure Big grin
Now, I think these issues should be closed and LFS should continue to be developed. We are waiting for new test patches. (editor patches are of no use to me Big grin I don't understand vehicle mods Big grin)
I wonder if the real world trade in TC money would end if TC admins removed the ability to transfer TC money between accounts?

If that is the case, it might reduce the account renting system, if I understand correctly. But maybe there is a good reason why TC money needs to be transferred between accounts.

I think if I was a TC admin I wouldn't like this real world trade in TC money, but I am full of confusion at this point. Big grin
It wasn’t me
Attached images
IMG_9856.jpeg
Quote from Scawen :I wonder if the real world trade in TC money would end if TC admins removed the ability to transfer TC money between accounts?

If that is the case, it might reduce the account renting system, if I understand correctly. But maybe there is a good reason why TC money needs to be transferred between accounts.

I think if I was a TC admin I wouldn't like this real world trade in TC money, but I am full of confusion at this point. Big grin

Using a rental account on the TC server is already prohibited. But it's a bit difficult to detect or report. The complainant may not want to show himself on the forum. That's why they notify you via e-mail. (I reported it once Big grin)

Yes, as you said, this problem is related to TC administrators. They may ban the sale and transfer of money. It may be better to transfer money by selling a product. Otherwise, the rental system will not be abolished. Rental accounts already have to save 5,000TC per day and transfer the money to the person they rented. This is the rental price for 1 day.

I don't know, I'm not a TC manager. More solutions can be produced. PETE can take control of this situation. After all, he is the live for speed discord server community officer and TC manager....
Quote from RealistAdam :https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=stats&type=money

You know this connection. The first place and second place person are in the game 24/7. I don't understand who and why is playing so many games, but everything can be understood from this list.

I really don't understand either. I am a new player, but I do not enter the TC server and earn money. I just ride and get out. Apparently there are people who sold the game money and need real money or need a new S3 license. Why wouldn't they... You play games and they pay you ahahahah

I said it was my last post but this is the last one for sure Big grin
Now, I think these issues should be closed and LFS should continue to be developed. We are waiting for new test patches. (editor patches are of no use to me Big grin I don't understand vehicle mods Big grin)

Pvl has been playing since the game came out i belive. He is just an very active LFS user, i think he has the most milage done in the game by far.
Quote from 0033549 :It wasn’t me

Your account is one of nearly 40 accounts known to be temporarily taken by this person. The number was around 20 a few days ago.

We still don't know where the passwords have come from. It looks like old data. They make several attempts, usually failing but then they find one that works. This is why I suggest people should change their passwords if they haven't been changed for a long time.

In several cases the person has logged into the website as well. I guess sometimes the web password is similar to the game password.

Have you, in the past, entered your details into one of the Russian or Brazilian pirate servers, or any other website? Have you installed software for LFS purposes, from a source that you couldn't really trust 100% or anything else?

I don't want to write the list of accounts that have been compromised, but I would like to know where the hacker has got his info.
Quote from Scawen :Please don't send us all the information. We can't just take your info and start banning accounts.

I know you are trying to help but we cannot spend every minute of our lives investigating Turkish LFS racers, poring over the evidence and trying to be judge and jury too. I am a software developer trying to find a bit of time to do some actual development. I am not a underpaid policeman and I'm start to get fed up looking into all this rubbish. Even though you are trying to help, it just takes more of my time, not less.

This is the part I can't understand. Shrug

You can't just say something that makes no sense at all, and expect me to take that as a reason for something.

In short, it's like making money by playing games in your spare time.
Again, that is not an explanation.

Someone has to pay the money. Who is paying the real world money, and why? That is the question.
If you need a name, you can ask the person who e-mailed you the necessary information. He knows better. I know a person who bought my game currency, but I need to find and verify his in-game name and discord account. I don't have time to do this.

The logic is this. Someone is buying game currency. I'm not sure, but he sells it to someone more expensively. I think that's what happens.

There is one more option. TC administrators buy these coins cheaply through fake accounts and try to make their servers playable. They prevent inflation on the server. The only thing I don't understand about this option is that there are modded vehicles and the vehicles can be rented and used. The players are seriously crazy.
Here's how I understand it: On TC City Driving, people can buy new cars with TC money, but that requires some effort, mostly driving around on the server or doing jobs. Instead of doing that, you can buy TC money for real money and fast-forward this process. I think the exchange rate is 1 EUR = 10000 TC money.
Quote from Flame CZE :Here's how I understand it: On TC City Driving, people can buy new cars with TC money, but that requires some effort, mostly driving around on the server or doing jobs. Instead of doing that, you can buy TC money for real money and fast-forward this process. I think the exchange rate is 1 EUR = 10000 TC money.

Yes.
Well then I am almost certain, this trade is against the spirit of TC money, which was about playing, not paying, I believe.

And I suggest the transfer of money between accounts should be stopped, to end this trade. I don't think it is doing LFS or TC any good.
Quote from Flame CZE :Here's how I understand it: On TC City Driving, people can buy new cars with TC money, but that requires some effort, mostly driving around on the server or doing jobs. Instead of doing that, you can buy TC money for real money and fast-forward this process. I think the exchange rate is 1 EUR = 10000 TC money.

Do you now understand why the Turks, Russians and Brazilians did this? The exchange rate is volatile here. But it's okay now. Our economy is recovering. Some people sell their money and buy S3. The reason for this is that sterling is very high in Turkey.

I won't compare, but old players cannot quit this game. Those who have just discovered this game do not want to pay that much money for this game. (I bought it because I don't have a money problem. I have many games, but the number of games I play constantly is few.) That's why those who are tired of cracked versions are turning to this system. What they do makes sense. They are playing the official version of LFS.
Quote from Scawen :Well then I am almost certain, this trade is against the spirit of TC money, which was about playing, not paying, I believe.

And I suggest the transfer of money between accounts should be stopped, to end this trade. I don't think it is doing LFS or TC any good.

All I know is PETE, the TC manager, and I don't know who will convey this issue to him.
Quote from RealistAdam :All I know is PETE, the TC manager, and I don't know who will convey this issue to him.

We will get in touch whit the TC Admins about the Rent accounts, well see how it goes.
guess that's what u get when u recreate real world money mechanics XD
I never understood why we need "buy" things on some lfs servers.
Am loling a bit, wow 1€ for 1000 TC, that is a smart guy behind this, he understood a lot, he will be rich someday ! or in jail Big grin

On topic, we have same thing happening on JaR with multiple users for 1 account and multiple accounts for one user, and quite a few account are banned now.
Some weeks ago I even had some player asking for a perm ban, I thought he was addicted and wanted to take a mandatory break, but I was wrong, that guy came the next day with a different account, and got banned too.
Maybe he was trying to make all rented accounts perm banned.

Let's hope this wont delay the dev too hard again.
Scawen is not one to waste time on these matters. I think he is trying to determine whether there is a security vulnerability in the game or not. Valid for this website. If there was a security vulnerability, they would have taken over hundreds, maybe thousands of licensed accounts. Looking at the forum, most people are offline in the game. I think this issue should be closed and the development process should continue.
Quote from Scawen :Well then I am almost certain, this trade is against the spirit of TC money, which was about playing, not paying, I believe.

To have a bit of roleplay long time ago ideas were created to have a system where not all cars were available

from start. There were many cruise servers during the last 15+ years, TC is like the last of them that is

crowded still. So, here in my words how it happens that people pay real money for TC cash: You make actually

TC cash by driving at the speedlimits, speeding will decrease your cash. There are other ways like bus driving,

delivery or taxi to earn TC cash as well. If cops bust you that will be a fine where more cash goes off.

I hope so far its clear how the economy on TC works. Now, what actually happens then is that there are lazy

people who want to just speed around or have chases with cops. Those people are the market, they ask to buy

some TC cash for real money. I for myself have sold a lot TC cash during the last 2 years, used it for renting

some LFS server payments. I see the problem with rented accounts, thats true. But this has nothing to do with

the TC economy, to be honest. If it helps I could for sure explain it in a voice chat. Greets P V L.
Thanks. Do you think there would be any real harm to TC if you could not donate money between accounts? As if I understand correctly, that should prevent the purchase of TC money by lazy people who aren't playing in the spirit intended.

Quote from P V L :I see the problem with rented accounts, thats true. But this has nothing to do with the TC economy, to be honest.

Apparently it does, if I understand correctly, because part of the reason for existence of rented accounts is to gain TC money. Rented accounts don't really make much money from the rental charge, but the account owner gains TC money, which they can sell to rich lazy players.

So apparently the TC economy and its crossover to the real world is fueling the rental account phenomenon. Looking
The problem is that more than one person uses the same account, not the TC economy.

So this needs to be solved and the TC administration is already on its way to solve it

or at least cut it down. And yes, of course it would be a great issue for TC if we could

not send any cash between accounts. Afaik you can get in talk with Pete, he should be able to explain.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks. Do you think there would be any real harm to TC if you could not donate money between accounts? As if I understand correctly, that should prevent the purchase of TC money by lazy people who aren't playing in the spirit intended.

Apparently it does, if I understand correctly, because part of the reason for existence of rented accounts is to gain TC money. Rented accounts don't really make much money from the rental charge, but the account owner gains TC money, which they can sell to rich lazy players.

So apparently the TC economy and its crossover to the real world is fueling the rental account phenomenon. Looking

yes you are right
This thread is closed

Hackers alert / license rental
(189 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG