The online racing simulator
Automatic gearbox
It would be nice to have automatic gearboxes for cruise servers,like realistic ones that change gear according to driving style. Also would be good to recreate cars,my brother had a 523i e39 but had to make 5 speed manual mod instead of automatic transmission. Please add this and its the best thing added.
I think this is a great idea and would love to see it in LFS. Hope it can be done
U forgot about Torque Converter simulation ;p
U can put paddleshit for now. It's the closes to automatic right now
Quote from versiu :U forgot about Torque Converter simulation ;p
U can put paddleshit for now. It's the closes to automatic right now

Yeah but isnt realistic on some old 90s car.
There has been some insim somewhere with the purpose of mimicing automatic gearboxes, but clueless bout the name nor if it will still work nowadays.
Quote from CRAAACH :There has been some insim somewhere with the purpose of mimicing automatic gearboxes, but clueless bout the name nor if it will still work nowadays.

Would be better if actual developers do. Then it will stay for longer
That'd be especially cool in conjunction with the addition of some '70s and '80s US-style cars.
Quote from Bandit77 :That'd be especially cool in conjunction with the addition of some '70s and '80s...

yes exactly
race cars don't have automatic transmission.
Quote from gtamax89 :race cars don't have automatic transmission.

1. Define automatic transmission.

2. Define race car.

3. Tell me if LFS is about racing vehicles or racing racing cars.

So?
Automatic gearboxes would be so damn fun to race with because adds more realism. LFS claims its a racing simulator so it needs the automatic gearbox. And most people with S3 license cruise more than race. By automatics i would mean that you need to change into automatic in LFS EDITOR so certain cars have that feature and certain cars dont.

Ummm When u say race cars, are u meaning factory race cars that dont have road examples ? Or track breed only type?

Imo if it can switch between automatic and tiptronic its an automatic. And if its a sports car or production mid sport/high performance car, it can be street raced or track raced

heres just a few production cars with automatic transmissions that are performance cars as well:

GTR35
Mustangs with the 6peed automatics
Mercedes 63's or any AMG from 2016

Cant forget theres a automatic transmission for every manual transmission production car,
their called "options" or "trims" in my country

Porsches, Lamborghinis, even alfa romeo guilias and jaguars F types and ferraris and BMW M4 M5 M3 M6 are all automatics with DCT or tiptronic(2008-present) u can find manual M3 or M4 to be fair

Audi quattro and all RS models all have either automatic 7speeds or 6 speed manuals, their all offered as options

Camaro SS from 2016-now is fitted with either 10 speed auto or manual 6 speed and its a track bread car
Theres even air shifting now in drag racing

Pressing buttons on the back of the steering wheel wins races. And theres no shortage if automatic race cars out here

I mean lets be real, in a drag race or street the automatic will outshift the manual and allows the driver to focus on the driving rather than driving + transmission operating.

just wanted to point that out. But i get where u coming from when u said "race cars arent automatic" hehe

Normally the mass production road versions debut first then the racing versions are made, unless theres an instance where thats not the case and we got race car first then production car after

After driving automatics for years i wouldnt expect Scawen to even attempt to incorporate automatic operations in the game, the automatic transmission is a really complex system tbf and if adding more gears is that technical, imagine making a automatic ECU operations in the game, since u can kinda trick the SHIFT + G into thinking 3500-4000RPMS is redline for now i think thats the way to go but the downshifting area in the tachometer would be nice to manipulate like the redline slider in engine editor so it doesn't aggressively downshifts into oblivion lmao
Quote from gtamax89 :None of all the cars you named are a racing car.

Your in such a hurry to rebuttal you missed the first thing i responded to your claim with
"Ummm When u say race cars, are u meaning factory race cars that dont have road examples ? Or track breed only type?"
Quote from gtamax89 :None of all the cars you named are a racing car.

Still the question remains: What is your point?

@dh7938726 I don't think coding an average torque convertor automatic into LFS would be overly complicated.

If it has an airbag its not a race car, might clear things up so i get what u sayin.
Quote from dh7938726 :If it has an airbag its not a race car, might clear things up so i get what u sayin.

no airbag = race car? some 60s mustangs and stuff
Some race cars use automatic or variants of automatic transmissions, if not combining both manual or automatics with electronic inputs or assists...

and thats a a fact

Why we should be limited to race prepared cars? So... If someone want to take his car with automatic to track and he race with other it's not a race because it isn't a racecar?

BTW... Stadium Trucks, Trophy Trucks and some cars from American motorsport have hydrokinetic transmission so...
-
(ScammerGamerLOL) DELETED by ScammerGamerLOL : accident
I'm surprised to see that people here don't even know the definition of the word racecar Face -> palm
pretty surprising to see in a forum for a racing game.

A racecar is "A vehicle which is used competitively in wheel-to-wheel racing events."

Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
Quote from Pukyy :I'm surprised to see that people here don't even know the definition of the word...

-racing game
-the most active are cruise servers

Limiting good driving game to just racing is huge waste...
Quote from versiu :-racing game...

Exactly my point, Live for Speed has potential to evolve, to become something different. LFS is made as a racing simulator, but at one point, it might transcend into an absolute driving simulator, where all things vehicle related could be possible. All that is in a distant future, one has to dream..

Automatic gearbox
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG