The online racing simulator
you can put the archive in .zip and not in 7z or .exe please? thanks😊
Quote from Victor :I have enabled game server hosting for version 0.7D50 for the moment. You can update your subscription host to that version or if you start an in-game host using LFS version 0.7D50, it will also use that version.

Side note: the hosting system is still limited to 47 slots. We need to make some additional changes to support 79 slots.

Thank you!

Something happened to the Basic settings page btw or is that just me?
Attached images
2023-11-26 16_43_06.jpg
Quote from vichobmx200 :Hello, first of all, thank you for the beta of the next update and we look forward to the update! I wanted to ask if there is an idea of implementing the day/night system and weather like rain and it would be great to have circuit mods that players can create in the asseto corsa style thanks in advance for keeping live for speed alive

https://www.lfs.net/forum/8-Improvement-Suggestions
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Thank you!

Something happened to the Basic settings page btw or is that just me?

I can confirm that issue too. The list is empty, if 0.7D50 is selected (after submit). If I switch back to 0.7D and submitting the selection, the track list is available again.

Looks like a task for Victor?
Quote from CANARY_RACER :you can put the archive in .zip and not in 7z or .exe please? thanks😊

If you have 7Zip installed, you can simply right-click the exe and select "extract to folder xx".
The DashLights and ShowLights properties of OutGaugePack will need to be updated at some point to include all the new light features.

enum
{
DL_SHIFT, // bit 0 - shift light
DL_FULLBEAM, // bit 1 - full beam
DL_HANDBRAKE, // bit 2 - handbrake
DL_PITSPEED, // bit 3 - pit speed limiter
DL_TC, // bit 4 - TC active or switched off
DL_SIGNAL_L, // bit 5 - left turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_R, // bit 6 - right turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_ANY, // bit 7 - shared turn signal
DL_OILWARN, // bit 8 - oil pressure warning
DL_BATTERY, // bit 9 - battery warning
DL_ABS, // bit 10 - ABS active or switched off
DL_SPARE, // bit 11
DL_NUM
};

But the packet doesn't seem to have much spare bytes to use Uhmm
Quote from Flame CZE :The DashLights and ShowLights properties of OutGaugePack will need to be updated at some point to include all the new light features.

enum
{
DL_SHIFT, // bit 0 - shift light
DL_FULLBEAM, // bit 1 - full beam
DL_HANDBRAKE, // bit 2 - handbrake
DL_PITSPEED, // bit 3 - pit speed limiter
DL_TC, // bit 4 - TC active or switched off
DL_SIGNAL_L, // bit 5 - left turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_R, // bit 6 - right turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_ANY, // bit 7 - shared turn signal
DL_OILWARN, // bit 8 - oil pressure warning
DL_BATTERY, // bit 9 - battery warning
DL_ABS, // bit 10 - ABS active or switched off
DL_SPARE, // bit 11
DL_NUM
};

But the packet doesn't seem to have much spare bytes to use Uhmm

It already has been (see insim.txt in the patch).
The bitmask is 32bits, so will take some filling up, it's just over half used with the new lights.
Ah sorry, I should've checked that before I posted Face -> palm

It still says "dipped" in the enum, that still needs updating Smile
As someone who has been running a demo server for years, I think that a few new features should be added to the demo. Demo players are starting to get bored (especially as Turkish players). As an alternative, I think the Demo limit of 15 connections and 13 drivers should be increased, so if at least 25 people can log in, it would be a bit more comfortable for the communities. It provides a good environment and an enjoyable gaming experience. The demo has been going the same way for years, don't you think it's time to make a little difference?
Quote from Androphp :As someone who has been running a demo server for years, I think that a few new features should be added to the demo. Demo players are starting to get bored (especially as Turkish players).

The meaning of "Demo" is "demonstration".

The sole purpose if the Demo is for people to try out the game before they buy it.
Quote from Scawen :The meaning of "Demo" is "demonstration".

The sole purpose if the Demo is for people to try out the game before they buy it.

What you say is true, but Turkish players are playing the demo version not to test the game, but because they cannot get an S3 license and their computers are bad, and due to the low demo player limit, there are still at least 70-80 Turkish players playing in the 0.6R version, which I think is only in the 0.6R version right now. Turks play there are about 6-7 active servers. So, since the issue here is a budget issue, maybe bringing some innovation to the demo may encourage those players to switch to new versions.
Increasing the demo playerlimit doesnt help either, because of the lack of content the Demonstration version is having. But thats what a demo version is. So you might get bored quickly, no matter what the playerlimit is.

Its better to save some money. And buy S3. Or help each other.

Also LFS might require higher specs with the new Graphical update. So if you have trouble with running LFS atm, it will be worse with the new graphical update.
Quote from Androphp :What you say is true, but Turkish players are playing the demo version not to test the game, but because they cannot get an S3 license and their computers are bad, and due to the low demo player limit, there are still at least 70-80 Turkish players playing in the 0.6R version, which I think is only in the 0.6R version right now. Turks play there are about 6-7 active servers. So, since the issue here is a budget issue, maybe bringing some innovation to the demo may encourage those players to switch to new versions.

If their computers are bad, playing with more players as you suggest would most likely make their experience worse. Enouraging them to switch to new demo versions doesn't bring any direct income to LFS.
Quote from Androphp :I think that a few new features should be added to the demo. Demo players are starting to get bored

The purpose of LFS demo is not to entertain bored non-paying customers. As little as Scawen follows the capitalistic principles,they still need the income for their daily needs and to keep the servers running. And if you cannot save together 6 pounds for little upgrade then you have bigger problems to worry about then being not enough entertained by free software version.
I'm sorry to keep up the derailing,but I wanted try to explain same thing with different words,maybe helps. Shrug
Error with the Patch
Hi, i bought a new pc and i had installed this patch, but now my lfs dont work, i cant see the events in the main menu, i cant see the multiplayer servers and when i close lfs cause it didnt work, i have a permanent black screen and i have to restart the pc. (It happends when i install patchs, how can i fix it?)
Try disabled antivirus
Nothing to do with test patch, but I've passed the message on to Victor.
Quote from Scawen :Nothing to do with test patch, but I've passed the message on to Victor.

Thanx
Got this when updating via LFS.
Updating now with file download from forum
Attached images
Untitled.png
Quote from cuni :Got this when updating via LFS.
Updating now with file download from forum

Run LFS.exe as Administrator and then try again Thumbs up
Then maybe it should come from the default installation the requirement to run as admin, every time ? Or, it does, and somehow mine got disabled?
You should never need to run anything to do with LFS as admin, unless you installed it somewhere where a normal user doesn't have write access (eg Program Files).
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG