The online racing simulator
Quote from cuni :Got this when updating via LFS.
Updating now with file download from forum

Do you have the program LFS_restart.exe in your LFS folder?

Some people have been known to delete it simply because they don't know what it is. Then they can't get auto updates any more.

If you don't have it, you can get it here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106062

Quote from Degats :You should never need to run anything to do with LFS as admin, unless you installed it somewhere where a normal user doesn't have write access (eg Program Files).

Windows 10 users do usually need to run LFS as admin to get an auto update when it is one of these test patches as they are simple self-extracting archives and they don't have a 'manifest' that the official patch installers do contain, so WIndows gets all worried about it and you have to try again, running LFS as admin.

But I think that is unlikely to be cuni's problem as you get a different message in that case.
Quote from Scawen :Do you have the program LFS_restart.exe in your LFS folder?

Some people have been known to delete it simply because they don't know what it is. Then they can't get auto updates any more.

If you don't have it, you can get it here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106062

Yup, that is what's missing. Must have got deleted when I was cleaning up the LFS folder, sorry.
Is this a joke?

From first post:
Quote :PLEASE... NO OFF TOPIC FEATURE REQUESTS!

I don't care about your "demands". If you have a SUGGESTION then please go to the suggestions section of the forum.

You can only post here SPECIFICALLY about the TEST PATCH.

I am far too busy and I am not reading your post.
I'm moving my article to the SUGGESTIONS section. Whether you are interested or not, whether you read it or not. It's up to you. However, I must say that these are not suggestions, but a requirement for creating a simulation in the modern world. I hope you are reading the SUGGESTIONS section. Have a nice day.
I don't really care about your opinions, you are abusing my test patch thread, and I am too busy to deal with you.
Does your disregard for an S3 user's opinion also apply if the user moves the post in question to the section you suggested? If so, this would explain the active state of LFS. A user does not deserve to be treated this way. Besides, I have no problem with you. Still, I will move my valuable article to the suggestions section you mentioned, it will serve as an ornament. Since your reactions are excessive, I will not reply to you after this article. Thank you. Also good luck.
you are just a spammer

EDIT:

A test patch thread has one purpose - to discuss a test patch. It's not for making "demands" about the development of LFS.

You bought a license to use LFS at some point, and you get free updates for ever more. You can make suggestions and even talk to the developer. You cannot demand anything, and you cannot abuse test patch threads or be rude. Simple really.
Quote from Scawen :Oops, I forgot to set the layer correctly so it only appears in the road cars. Looking

No, 0.7E has absolutely nothing to do with the new physics and graphics.

0.7E is planned to be released next weekend. It would be really strange to release something we'd been working on for 10 years without even testing it. I've said it a lot of times now. 0.7E allows me to stop working on mods for a while, so finally I can work on finishing the physics and graphics for the really big release.

a if i may ask what will there be? not trying to sound rude
On patchD54 with lazyD53 there's some small bug/incompatibility.
'Handbrake' sound applies, not on handbrake, but just on normal brakes (if speed is 0-40kmH).
I have no idea what lazyD53 is. LFS has no handbrake sound.

if you are talking about external programs, why not talk to its developer?

Suppose my toilet is broken. I won't complain to my neighbour's carpenter.
Quote from DeFocLV :On patchD54 with lazyD53 there's some small bug/incompatibility.
'Handbrake' sound applies, not on handbrake, but just on normal brakes (if speed is 0-40kmH).

There is no official Lazy D53.. so someone edited the closed source program? Is he selling it for real life or virtual currency too?
Quote from Scawen :A lot of people would like to use the popup headlights for other purposes.

Can you fix the Alpha problem? The glass is visible but the back side is invisible
Quote from Rubbel_31 :Can you fix the Alpha problem? The glass is visible but the back side is invisible

Here's Scawen's post in the Editor test patch thread:
Quote from Scawen :I will look to see if I can draw the alpha parts of subobjects just before the alpha of the main object, instead of immediately after each subobject as they have been done until now, which was fine for glass on steering wheels.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but maybe it could be a fix for both pop ups and rotating objs? I have layered alpha glass pop ups on my EMPERORS SUNRISE mod that seem to work fine, but I created a swing out windscreen for my FLATTY MODEL 8, and it works as intended besides this strange bug with the windscreen alpha. Same alpha I had before I broke it off as a pop up light subob.

I've seen this bug before, like for instance the alpha glass on my pending mod HYPERION, in the pits and in vehicle editor you get this same effect on the mirror turn signals. But they seem to be corrected once you spawn on track, this windscreen is not fixing itself.

I've tried, flipping tris, single and double sided, moving the page with S_glass_alp up and down the list to change it's order in the Textures tab in the editor. Nothing works so far.

Please see the attached photo.
Attached images
windowerror.jpg
Quote from Slashpca :I wasn't sure where to post this, but maybe it could be a fix for both pop ups and rotating objs? I have layered alpha glass pop ups on my EMPERORS SUNRISE mod that seem to work fine, but I created a swing out windscreen for my FLATTY MODEL 8, and it works as intended besides this strange bug with the windscreen alpha. Same alpha I had before I broke it off as a pop up light subob.

I reported it in the Editor test patch thread and Scawen is aware of it: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2068959#post2068959
Can anyone else download that file? It works fine on my computer. It is a temporary download location, until the usual system becomes available.

Otherwise, can you try the in-game download? Click List of Hosts in LFS.
When I click on the link, Firefox tells me it didn't download because of a potential security risk, this never happened with the previous test patches.

Edit: In-game update worked perfectly fine.
The temporary download is http (not https) it's actually fine, no-one will hack your communications while you download this file. It's not a sensitive communication, just a publicly available file so if you can tell your browser not to worry about it that will be fine.
It won't download by clicking the link from here because the link is HTTP only. When I copy the URL manually into a new tab, it works.
Quote from Scawen :The temporary download is http (not https) it's actually fine, no-one will hack your communications while you download this file. It's not a sensitive communication, just a publicly available file so if you can tell your browser not to worry about it that will be fine.

Yeah, I wasn't too worried, just thought it was unusual; anyway, in-game update works just fine, even on my Linux machine.
Quote from Scawen :Should internal mirrors be visible in forces mode?

They always have been, but it doesn't look very nice.

Speaking of mirrors. I remember back in 0.6b that we had the option to show all mirrors. Can we get this back? its pretty useful in cars that have side mirrors but no internal mirror (moden gt cars, prototypes, some supercars. they have internal virtual mirrors but i understand that's pretty hard to make it happen)
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG