The online racing simulator
Škoda 110 L
(40 posts, started )
Škoda 110 L
While waiting for a license from a manufacturer for my previous mod, I have started working on one of the last cars from my personal wish-list, a small green sedan from my childhood. The particular car was scrapped a long time ago, but the whole technical documentation is present in an owners manual and a repair book from Vincenc Baťa, which I got from my grandma.

Let me introduce the most common Czechoslovak car from the 70s, a basic rear-engined sedan with a swing axle.
Attached images
skoda_100_doc.JPG
Progress: started modeling a body according to the blueprints from the repair manual
Attached images
stovka_progress_00.png
Progress: added a few polygons to the front, added rims and defined physics. Front and rear axle geometry is precisely approximated according to technical blueprints and data from the repair manual (toe-in, caster, camber, inclination, scrub radius, arm lengths...). Aerodynamics is set to match a realistic top speed. Did some tests and the current version can be easily flipped on a roof. However, this is an expected behavior when using modern tires combined with an old swing axle and have found multiple videos of flipped cars IRL.

Also did some tests with a 80 and 120 hp rally engines and racing wheels because both stock and rally version are on the way. The rally version physics will need some more work as the 120hp version is too tail-happy.
Attached images
stovka_progress_01.png
Progress: modeled front window, added gaps between panels and started with a rear part.
Attached images
stovka_progress_02.png
Very nice, keep up the good work man Smile
Nice preview, i can't wait to try it Smile
Nice!!!
Thanks for support Smile

Progress: cut side windows and minor shading adjustments. Fixed a center of gravity. The car is fun to drive, but AIs keep flipping on a roof.
Attached images
stovka_progress_03.jpg
Progress: modeled rear window + side grille + minor shading optimizations
Attached images
stovka_progress_04.jpg
Progress: modeled rear. Some shading fixes are needed.
Attached images
stovka_progress_05.jpg

Progress: reworked mudguards to fix their shading, identified last details of the grandmas 1972 car and fixed engine specification and weight according to it. It is less powerful but also lighter so it is still fun to drive. Modeled bottom of the car and defined visible suspension tubes. Fixed problems with AI using over-pressured (+0.2 kPa) rear tires (the LFS tires are too grippy for such old cars).
Attached images
stovka_progress_06.jpg
stovka_progress_07.jpg
Awesome, great to see such a legendary CZ/SK car coming to life in LFS Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :Awesome, great to see such a legendary CZ/SK car coming to life in LFS Smile

Thanks for the support Smile At first, I was not sure, if this car is needed in the LFS after your perfect Erko mod (which is my favorite mod so far). But then I got a complete technical documentation and found out that I really need this car.

What do you think? Is it better to use engine specifications according to the SAE (39 kW) or according to the ČSN (35.3 kW)? Currently using the SAE and it is sharper then expected (and I like that Big grin ), but not sure which value is more realistic.
Beautiful! It ended very good, congrats.
Thanks Smile

Progress: started modeling an interior (rear seats, windows and a roof). Adjusted aerodynamics. Started working on a historic 1150cc Group 1 rally version. Modeled rally rims. Created and tested a 100 hp racing engine according to contemporary rally specifications. The rally version is prone to lift-off over-steer but can keep up with XFGs on some slower rally-cross tracks, even with opened differential. However it will need some further tuning as a clutch can be burned easily.
Attached images
stovka_progress_08.jpg
Progress: Modeled front seats and started working on a dashboard and a steering wheel. Minor shading optimizations. Added plates and front indicators. The stock physics is done but the rally version keeps overheating.
Attached images
stovka_progress_09.jpg
Progress: created a steering wheel, an exhaust and a steering animation. Minor shading fixes. Started working on mappings.
Attached images
stovka_progress_10.jpg
Progress: optimized mappings into two 1024 x 1024 textures. Created light textures and 3D headlights with parabolic chrome. Created chassis, seats and a grille textures.
Attached images
stovka_progress_11.jpg
Progress: started drawing interior textures with ambient occlusion. Fixed the rear grille (mistakenly made too many holes). Minor shading fixes. Created a working dashboard.
Attached images
stovka_progress_12.jpg
Progress: finished a stock model of a Škoda 110L - my first detailed replica. Added interior details with ambient occlusion, windshield wipers and logos. Created a skin support a default skin with shading and one rally sample skin for the future Škoda 110 L Rallye A2. Physics is made precisely according to the IRL documentation. Currently solving license with Škoda.

Attached images
skoda_110_L_00.jpg
skoda_110_L_01.jpg
skoda_110_L_02.jpg
skoda_110_L_03.jpg
skoda_110_L_04.jpg
skoda_110_L_05.jpg
skoda_110_L_06.jpg
skoda_110_L_07.jpg
#21 - URUQ
Good job! :]
Thanks Smile

Progress: waiting for license from manufacturer. Reworked LOD 2 and 3. Started modelling racing parts for the 100 hp A2 rally version.
Attached images
stovka_progress_13.jpg
Your post #20 is my favorite. Your work looks absolutely brilliant..hm like always.
I was searching blueprints for Zaporozhets ZAZ 986 before, but i left it for future. But you made this, and it's awesome!
If it's public mod, I will definitely buy it on TC server for my cruising, earning money car and break the odo.
I hope everything with the license from the manufacturer goes as planned. (Crossed fingers)
Quote from ivo_drifta :Your post #20 is my favorite. Your work looks absolutely brilliant..hm like always.
I was searching blueprints for Zaporozhets ZAZ 986 before, but i left it for future. But you made this, and it's awesome!
If it's public mod, I will definitely buy it on TC server for my cruising, earning money car and break the odo.
I hope everything with the license from the manufacturer goes as planned. (Crossed fingers)

Thanks for support Smile Of course, both the stock and the rally version will be public as soon as it will gain the license from the manufacturer. If everything will go smoothly, the cars could be uploaded for review in a couple of weeks. However, in contrast to most of my previous mods, derivatives will not be allowed because of the license.

Progress: fixed the front lower arm (it was mistakenly shortened) and reworked damping of a stock setup according to videos. The car is more stable now and feels more realistic. Created a rally steering wheel and additional gauges according to FIA homologation archive. Updated shading of a ceiling and a roll-cage. Contacted a car museum for last missing technical data of the A2 rally version.
Attached images
stovka_progress_14.jpg
wow top job again stuchlo Thumbs up

Škoda 110 L
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG