The online racing simulator
Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
I have a semi-offtopic suggestion.
This patch will introduce a new screen with the mod cleanup. On this screen we have a date column currently in "DD/MM/YY" format.
It would be nice if a translator could change the date format using a new translation field (like tx_ prefixed fields for language setup).

In most cases I personally prefer long date formats (like ISO 8601 date format, eg.: 2023-07-23), but to keep things simple, I am just asking for a 3+1 or 8 character wide date format specifier with three possible letters: "YMD", and separators: "/.-".

Example with 3+1 characters: "DMY/" or "YMD." (this notation is very unusual, but could be enough for order specification, but maybe a better idea to define two new fields: one for order specification, and one for the separator character)

Example with 8 characters: "DD/MM/YY" or "YY.MM.DD"

This change will not break the length of the current UI labels.

Here is a useful link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

The fact that we currently have the same kind of date columns/fields on some other places makes this suggestion as semi-offtopic. (e.g. replays, file chooser dialogs, mods screen). So, it's absolutely fine if this post will be moved to offtopic. I have realized this localization issue just now when checking modification dates on the mods screen.
Quote from gu3st :This is likely the issue with Windows recently deploying (recently meaning like 4/5 months ago) the GameInput Runtime which grabs control over wheels. Some vendors have released updated drivers to fix this, but it seems to still affect Logitech wheels.

Disabling the service in Windows fixes it.

put tutorial
New patch D34
I've been working hard on updates for wheels but the updates are not yet finished. I came across a graphical bug introduced in D33 (cars appeared too dark) so thought I should release a quick update.

Also, temporary (free) hosts are shown without colours in List of Hosts. This is to prevent a problem we have with host impersonation. Face -> palm

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
Quote from Scawen :I've been working hard on updates for wheels

Given the way the mod system was made, I realise that Sсawen likes to give us unexpected surprises. But I'm still very curious what it's going to be? I already understood from the translation files that it will be new tyre types. But maybe something else? For example treadwear? Or will it be a surprise until the test patch? 😉

3g_tt_sl_r1
3g_tt_sl_r2
3g_tt_sl_r3
3g_tt_sl_r4
3g_tt_slk_s
3g_tt_slk_m
3g_tt_slk_h
3a_tt_races
3a_tt_raceg
3a_tt_racei
3a_tt_racew
3a_tt_roads
3a_tt_roadn
3a_tt_hybri
3a_tt_knobb

And there is interesting "3a_tt_racew" is it a wet tyre? Are we in for a change in the weather? Or am I theorising too much?
These translations have been there for ages, no surprise there.
Quote from Flame CZE :These translations have been there for ages, no surprise there.

Well, yes, but since we're talking about an update in tyre physics and wheels update, maybe it's about time those names in translations files became a reality? No? And if its true, then maybe something else must follow from these names "3a_tt_racew"
Hey Scawen,

im was on D32 this morning, and i just noticed that every time i start the game i get the message "Script 'road' cannot be run from a script".

I updated to D34, still get the same message. Also happens when i spectate an join, or join from pits.

Not sure if its a me-thing. Havent tried reinstalling yet.

Just wanted to let you know and ask if it's a known issue - Driving feels the same so not a huge deal.

Best Regards
Robert
Attached images
Screenshot 2023-08-14 114511.png
That's because the way the scripts are run has changed. The scripts like "road" or "sequential" are now called when you load a car with that type of gear shift.

Previously, they were run from the CAR.lfs scripts (like XFG.lfs, etc). The warning is because of some code that prevents the scripts being called twice.

The proper solution is to delete any commands like /run road from the CAR.lfs scripts.

If you don't have anything useful in your existing CAR.lfs scripts, you can get all the default ones from this attached zip file.
Attached files
CAR_scripts.zip - 3.4 KB - 106 views
Quote from Scawen :That's because the way the scripts are run has changed. The scripts like "road" or "sequential" are now called when you load a car with that type of gear shift.

Previously, they were run from the CAR.lfs scripts (like XFG.lfs, etc). The warning is because of some code that prevents the scripts being called twice.

The proper solution is to delete any commands like /run road from the CAR.lfs scripts.

If you don't have anything useful in your existing CAR.lfs scripts, you can get all the default ones from this attached zip file.

Alright, thanks!!
hello, a few days ago I had a problem trying to download some mods in the last patch they released, and I almost finished with all my unlocks for that thing
I think it's due to something about the servers
(could not connect)
(redirect falled)
these were some of the messages that appear to me
I think the problem was in the US servers
Attached images
imagen_2023-08-15_140931958.png
imagen_2023-08-15_141039653.png
Thanks for the info. Does the redirect work now, if you try again? So Victor knows if he needs to look into it.
I have the same problem and doesn't work
the problem continues
Attached images
imagen_2023-08-15_162019755.png
Thank you, I have alerted Victor.

In the meantime, to continue using LFS, you can switch off "Allow regional downloads" in Misc Options.
Thanks friend, the problem is due to the region download, I hope it hasn't been a problem
Thank you, Victor has tested and it seems to be running as expected. Maybe there is a (hopefully temporary) connection issue between Venezuela and our US server.

If you like, you could try a traceroute to mirror.us1.lfs.net and see what results you get.

To traceroute, run a command prompt (cmd) and type this:
tracert mirror.us1.lfs.net
Quote from Scawen :you can switch off "Allow regional downloads" in Misc Options.

ideally this should be done automatically. Upon failure try another (fallback) option.
Minor update D35:

Misc option "Full physics for remote cars" is now enabled by default
FIX: Narrow cars were sucked in if driven too close to fence or narrow barrier
FIX: Mudguard / handlebar / trailing arm remain visible if wheel is off screen

Quote from Leandro918 :I have the same problem and doesn't work

Same here, have to disable redirect to download mods.
Quote from BeNoM :Same here, have to disable redirect to download mods.

But you said it was working well before: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2041930#post2041930

So apparently something has changed.

I've tried a tracert to Japan, using: tracert mirror.us1.lfs.net

Something seems to be wrong, the Japanese server is unreachable at the moment (at least for me). So one thing seems missing from your report, an estimate when the problem may have started. I'm guessing you have been using redirect normally for most of the time?
Yep there's issue with japan servers i guess, mods will not download (i always get redirecting to jp).. Now mods downloading after disabling redirect.
Hey Scawen!

Can you please add a feature in terms of replays?
"Save last 5 minut clip"
Save the last 5 minutes of a replay instead of the whole replay because it’s so annoying with long replays and the time to load it
last paragraph sucks remove.
Minor update D36 includes a force feedback display that goes red when the FF reaches maximum (clipping). Also fixes for using mouse wheel to change gears on sequential gearboxes and a small display bug.

Changes in D36:

A force feedback display is shown below the pedals (bottom right)
FIX: AI skill level always used Latin codepage in F11/F12 menus
FIX: Mouse wheel gearshifts are now equivalent to 100ms keypress

This thread is closed

Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG