The online racing simulator
Your vehicle is not known on this host
I hope this thread is monitored Wink

We have user reports that, again, a car is not drivable on LFS hosts with the message
"Your vehicle is not known on this host" as soon you try leaving the garage.

Affected car: 4CE01D "FZ50 TURBO 4"

We had the same issue a couple of months ago. Please refer to this thread for some technical info:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2038394#post2038394

I'm not sure what exactly caused it, though Victor had to fix it last time.
SLX140 Tuned is also affected. =(
i guess that all mods tha will be updated recently have that issue now
Thanks, I've sent a message to Victor. Maybe he can instruct me how to restart the relevant script if this happens in future.
These should be OK again now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
i use bavaria a82 hell spec ultra ai car, but ai driver settings do not match error.
i don't know why 'ai driver settings do not match' error.
Attached images
lfs_00000113.jpg
I think you need to:

- Exit LFS
- Look in folder data\knw
- Delete file WE2_E68F19.knw

Then when you next start the race with AI on this track you should see the AI info regenerate automatically.

EDIT:

One more thing, I see you have version 3 of the car. Maybe you should select the car again in the mods screen to make sure version 4 arrives.

Does this only happen on Westhill International?
Quote from Scawen :I think you need to:

- Exit LFS
- Look in folder data\knw
- Delete file WE2_E68F19.knw

Then when you next start the race with AI on this track you should see the AI info regenerate automatically.

EDIT:

One more thing, I see you have version 3 of the car. Maybe you should select the car again in the mods screen to make sure version 4 arrives.

Does this only happen on Westhill International?

i already did it, but still error. i can't fix error.
any track happen error.
I think you should also clear the grid in the game setup screen, and add the AI drivers again. one by one.

Maybe there is more than one version of that car in your start grid, and that could cause the problem.

To be sure and remove all grids, you can delete the files in data\grids
Quote from Scawen :I think you should also clear the grid in the game setup screen, and add the AI drivers again. one by one.

Maybe there is more than one version of that car in your start grid, and that could cause the problem.

To be sure and remove all grids, you can delete the files in data\grids

i did it, but still error. i can't fix error.
Quote from newbie1234 :i did it, but still error. i can't fix error.

I can't reproduce this error. I've tried with test patch D25 and with official version D. Full grid of that car on that track (as in your screenshot).

If I had your computer I would be deleting any relevant files like the mod files in the mods folder and the generated path files in data\knw and any saved start grids in data\misc, to try to find out what causes the problem.

I have not heard of a similar report from anyone else, so we don't have any clues at this time, why this happens.

Would it be OK for you to install a fresh copy of LFS and see if that fixes the problem?

Quote from turbofan :Another glitch here
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/103853-BAVARIA-A82-HELL-SPEC-ULTRA

that same mod appears in the Test tab in single player

Thanks, I've fixed that now in my version. The mod name was restricted to 27 characters before the check for ~ in the name. So that would happen for any mod with a 27 character name (maximum length).
Quote from Scawen :I can't reproduce this error. I've tried with test patch D25 and with official version D. Full grid of that car on that track (as in your screenshot).

If I had your computer I would be deleting any relevant files like the mod files in the mods folder and the generated path files in data\knw and any saved start grids in data\misc, to try to find out what causes the problem.

I have not heard of a similar report from anyone else, so we don't have any clues at this time, why this happens.

Would it be OK for you to install a fresh copy of LFS and see if that fixes the problem?

Thanks, I've fixed that now in my version. The mod name was restricted to 27 characters before the check for ~ in the name. So that would happen for any mod with a 27 character name (maximum length).

yeah.
Whoever knows, please can you contact our tech support and send us the mod (or tell us which version of which mod) that causes this issue or explain the method so I can prevent it in future.

This is quite serious and repeat offenses like this may result in a long (or permanent) ban from online use of LFS.
Quote from Scawen :Whoever knows, please can you contact our tech support and send us the mod (or tell us which version of which mod) that causes this issue or explain the method so I can prevent it in future.

This is quite serious and repeat offenses like this may result in a long (or permanent) ban from online use of LFS.

i deleted it but , with some hex editing to make custom engine , you just put a bad value and the car will show 0 hp , when you turn on the car in lfs your game lags and remove the sound , i just founed that myslef , i dont wanted to cause chaos but i tested it on friends because i was curious
Quote from neozixxs :i deleted it but , with some hex editing to make custom engine , you just put a bad value and the car will show 0 hp , when you turn on the car in lfs your game lags and remove the sound , i just founed that myslef , i dont wanted to cause chaos but i tested it on friends because i was curious

"I tested with friends" is not public server like Just a Ride.
Quote from neozixxs :i deleted it but , with some hex editing to make custom engine , you just put a bad value and the car will show 0 hp , when you turn on the car in lfs your game lags and remove the sound , i just founed that myslef , i dont wanted to cause chaos but i tested it on friends because i was curious

Please could you create an example and send it to lfstech at lfs dot net?
Quote from Scawen :Please could you create an example and send it to lfstech at lfs dot net?

sure
I found another thing: If you set your tires pressure to 0 and you make burnout until they pops - you gone 'retired' or 'takes wrong route' something like this. It's actually fun.
I don't know if it's the right place to report this bug, but depending on the position of the camera, the motorcycle's handlebars disappear, if you set it as a steering wheel, this doesn't happen.

Mods System Bug Reports
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG